• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you'll vote for his wife who enabled him for the sake of her own career?

Sure.

For the sake of argument lets assume that every claim ever made about Bill and Donald's sexual history is completely true. They are both serial cheaters and they are both rapists.

Who would you rather have in office: An actual rapist or a rapist's long suffering wife?

(Admittedly this makes our lack of viable third party candidates seem like a real weakness in our system and maybe this is a good time to link to some Simpson's clips on YouTube.)
 
I'm sure that's what you thought I meant, but if you think about it, you'll figure out I was talking about young men.

No, I got that.

I really do believe that young men and women should be encouraged to enjoy consensual sex with proper attention to prevention of diseases and unwanted pregnancies. It can be quite enjoyable. Why would you not encourage such enjoyable activities?
 
... So how much weight do you put on such a statement? If a candidate lined up with you on every major issue and said the daughter thing, would you consider not voting for him or her?

It is likely he thought it was a compliment (in Donald's mind there is no greater complement then "I would totally do you") but it was expressed in an akward and tone-deaf manner1. But there are dozens of better example of his being tone deaf. We don't need to devote a whole page in this thread to that comment.
...........
(1) and nobody knows more about akward and tone-deaf comments than Trump does.
It goes toward how he views women, all women. Talk about objectification, look at how many pages we dedicated to elevator guy.

:p
 
Bless his Heart, as bad as he is at it, Mike Pence sure does do his best to Gaslight the American people
 
No, you'll have to help me.
Who can forget the Trumpsperson in Ohio who declared there'd been no racism there before Obama was elected? And here you are declaring there was no sexism in the workplace before Bill Clinton became President.

No it came from family values republicans who were dealing with a president who was cheating on his wife with multiple women.
The Republican Family might encompass your entire world, but in my country, where I experienced the change since the 60's, it has no influence at all. Europe has its own Kinder, Kuche and Kirche Christians, thank you very much. They don't need the party of Newt Gingrich to lead them to the true path.

As for Bill Clinton's influence, which wife or wives was Trump boasting about cheating on during the Clinton terms? Which wife or wives was Newt Gingrich cheating on, for that matter? Or Giuliani, got any info on his family values?

I don't like the fact that these two get away with hurting so many people. Whitewater is a good example. I don't like the fact that a POS like Bill Clinton can cheat on his wife so blatantly even to this day.
Oh lordy, you're still stuck on Whitewater. And blind to Trump's loud and proud infidelities while imagining Clinton with hundreds of women that Ken Starr never found. What he did find was a BJ from an intern, and he didn't find that until '97 or '98. So this bad example you claim Bill Clinton was setting in his first term and a half wasn't actually there to see - except in the minds of certain Republican circles.

Yes, but he's less of a slime than the one your side is dutifully following, not you of course, you can't vote.
I do have eyes to see, though, and in Trump we can all see a slimebag. In Bill CLinton - let alone the candidate, Hillary Clinton - we don't see the fantastical charicature that certain Republican circles have created for the sake of people like you.
 
No it came from family values republicans who were dealing with a president who was cheating on his wife with multiple women.

Please clarify, was it one of the ones cheating on a spouse, soliciting gay sex in restrooms or hiring "rent boys" for dubious purposes?

"Family values Republican" might as well be listed in the dictionary as a synonym for "hypocritical sexual deviant adulterer." I can see why they like Donald Trump though. Them man might as well have a codpiece that springs open when a woman matching his "hotness" criteria comes with boning range.

"Thin blond with big breasts detected, locking on targeting sensors. Initiating Viagra IV injection."

*SPROINGGGGG!*

*Wobble, wobble, wobble*
 
Have you read Trump's comments about Paris Hilton, how beautiful he thought she was when he saw her at age 12 and how he and Melania enjoyed watching her sex tape?

At the very least, Trump has no sense of how creepy he can sound.
For Trump his behaviour is perfectly normal. In fact, for Trump the normal is defined by what he does - and the abnormal by what he is not. He's abnormally good at what he does, of course - the best ever, people say, good people say - but they are normal things.

What's really weird is how many people look at Trump and see five lights. There is, in fact, only one light, and it doesn't mean anybody's home.
 
I read something somewhere that indicated it was entirely possible that Marla Maples, who was Trump's wife at the time, was the one who provided the NYT with the tax returns.
....

There seems to be a lot of speculation along those lines:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/is-marla-maples-the-trump-tax-return-leaker.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-clue-as-to-source-behind-trump-tax-leak.html

Archconservative Erick Erickson contends that the Times is in no legal liability because federal law -- whether or not it might be used against a paper that publishes federal returns -- only applies to federal returns, and these were state returns.
http://theresurgent.com/here-is-why...reak-the-law-in-releasing-trumps-tax-returns/

An underlying issue that hasn't gotten much discussion is the degree to which Trump has co-mingled his personal and business finances. We've already learned that he uses his foundation -- largely supported by other people's contributions -- for his personal use. To what degree has he been able to transfer his personal expenses and losses to his businesses?
 
Perhaps you can explain why it's pathetic to believe that harping on a story about Trump declaring a net operating loss carryforward on his tax return is evidence of media bias? It's kind of silly to argue that the important detail of the story is that Trump had a business loss of $916 million. That part of his history has been known for roughly 25 years and had already been talked about ad nauseum in the last year.
Not as much as his crazy antics. I doubt many people heard about it at all, except as vague "bankruptcies" in his history. Now it's being talked about and his crazy antics aren't distracting anybody any more. Almost a billion lost at a time when a billion was still considered serious money. There has to be a story or two in that.

Media bias against Trump would hardly be surprising given how he's treated them - and encouraged his supporters to treat them - since the start. Trump's going to call them biased come what may, so why not get the satisfaction of shafting the eminently shaftable? I know I would.
 
An underlying issue that hasn't gotten much discussion is the degree to which Trump has co-mingled his personal and business finances. We've already learned that he uses his foundation -- largely supported by other people's contributions -- for his personal use. To what degree has he been able to transfer his personal expenses and losses to his businesses?
I can see him doing that instinctively. It's easier to get a drink out of a Vogon than get Trump to let go of a dollar.
 
There seems to be a lot of speculation along those lines:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/is-marla-maples-the-trump-tax-return-leaker.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-clue-as-to-source-behind-trump-tax-leak.html

Archconservative Erick Erickson contends that the Times is in no legal liability because federal law -- whether or not it might be used against a paper that publishes federal returns -- only applies to federal returns, and these were state returns.
http://theresurgent.com/here-is-why...reak-the-law-in-releasing-trumps-tax-returns/

An underlying issue that hasn't gotten much discussion is the degree to which Trump has co-mingled his personal and business finances. We've already learned that he uses his foundation -- largely supported by other people's contributions -- for his personal use. To what degree has he been able to transfer his personal expenses and losses to his businesses?

I'm sure his business covers as much of his expenses as possible. I don't really care. It isn't really analogous to the foundation as he doesn't own the foundation nor is it supposed to be used to financially benefit him. He is the sole owner of the Trump Organization, I believe, and obviously its purpose is to financially benefit him.
 
I'm sure his business covers as much of his expenses as possible. I don't really care. It isn't really analogous to the foundation as he doesn't own the foundation nor is it supposed to be used to financially benefit him. He is the sole owner of the Trump Organization, I believe, and obviously its purpose is to financially benefit him.

I thought there was some question of foreign investment in the Trump Organization. Or was it just large foreign debts owed by the TO?
 
Media bias against Trump would hardly be surprising given how he's treated them - and encouraged his supporters to treat them - since the start. Trump's going to call them biased come what may, so why not get the satisfaction of shafting the eminently shaftable? I know I would.

The bias is still very much in favor of Trump. Given their histories and behavior, there should be thousands of negative Trump stories for every one negative Clinton story, instead of fifteen to one or whatever the real number is.
 
I'm sure his business covers as much of his expenses as possible. I don't really care. It isn't really analogous to the foundation as he doesn't own the foundation nor is it supposed to be used to financially benefit him. He is the sole owner of the Trump Organization, I believe, and obviously its purpose is to financially benefit him.
Agreed it's a quite separate subject, if there's anything there at all. That said, he wasn't too clever with his Foundation and may not have been very clever keeping living expenses and business expenses in their appropriate compartments. "Clever" isn't really his thing, lets face it.
 
I'm sure his business covers as much of his expenses as possible. I don't really care. It isn't really analogous to the foundation as he doesn't own the foundation nor is it supposed to be used to financially benefit him. He is the sole owner of the Trump Organization, I believe, and obviously its purpose is to financially benefit him.

The Organization is apparently owned by Trump and three little Trumps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

The question is to what degree can he manipulate his business interests to manipulate the tax code? For example, could his company rent space to him and his family at below market rates, reducing income to his company and maybe boosting its tax losses? Can one company provide goods or services to another in ways that reduce total income and increase total losses? Etc. We already know that he donated money to charities that paid more to rent Mar-a-Lago than he gave them. His AC hotels spent millions of dollars buying Trump Water. If you move your wallet from one pocket to another, you didn't make or lose money. Should it be different for his 500+ businesses?
 
Last edited:
I thought there was some question of foreign investment in the Trump Organization. Or was it just large foreign debts owed by the TO?
I'm sure he has investors on various properties but he is the sole owner of the Trump Organization. I imagine how it works is that they set up a company specifically to own that property, with the ownership split between the TO and the investors as agreed.

When I said he has no partners I meant that nobody else owns the TO with him. So it is no biggie if he uses his company to buy mansions or whatever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom