Hillary's been accused of murder... twice. What more could they throw at her?
Ask and ye shall receive.
Hillary's been accused of murder... twice. What more could they throw at her?
I don't think that's true. I'd have to do some digging, but I read that no one leading by end of the Olympics has lost since 1960. My recollection it was that it was a tight race until the Willie Horton ads came out. And instead of responding to those ads quickly, Dukakis's campaign didn't get anything out for almost a month and that was the ball game.
I said before that the 538 forecast (polls only) would have Hillary at 90%+ in October, maybe September. Looks like it might hit that in August (currently at 87.5%).
Hilited: Can we file that under meaningless statistics?
The summer Olympics are not always in July/Aug. I think four, maybe five of them since then have been held in Sep/Oct.
>Doesn't XKCD have a strip on presidential "firsts"? Ah ha.... found it.
https://xkcd.com/1122/
The "leading after the Olympics" fits right in there. I can remember the rule-of-AFL.... When the AFL wins the Super Bowl the stock market will go up. Except when it didn't, and there went that wisdom.
I just hope she's not peaking too early. I want to see more Trump. He has this way of driving down his own favorability ratings as only he can.
Looks like Donald was right when he said he was expanding the map. LOL
Well, the Mormon swing could make some states interesting....
I can't see the Mormon vote giving Hillary Utah. They'll probably just swing it for "New Conservative Independent Party" or whatever they're going to run under. Maybe they hurt the down-ticket? Could Mia, Anchor Baby, Love lose? She's already positioned herself as anti-Trump, though, so that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Idaho? Huge Mormon population but I doubt there are enough Dem votes to make it possible to move ID to Hillary.
Wyoming - ditto above.
Then you get interesting.... AZ and NV are both about 6% Mormon. In close states, taking five or six points from Trump could mean Hillary carries the state. Definitely in NV.... possibly in AZ.
Then there's always.... Alaska. If I could think of a state profile of voters most likely to not like Trump but put up with him as at least being the more evil of two choices, it'd be Alaska. If the four or five per cent Mormons go one way, the clear-thinking home-schoolin' wilderness clearing libertarians go for Johnson, the remainder could put Alaska in the Dem column. Not really, but it's fun to think of.
I'd be a little hesitant to count those unhatched chickens. If Hispanics do turn out in record numbers, their polling stations might be overwhelmed and thereby depress the actual vote count.
He's been briefly behaved like the GOP powers that be told him to and his poll numbers are still going down.
He won't care and no one in his campaign will tell him otherwise.He hasn't been "behaving" for very long, though. I don't think it's had time to affect the polls.
Bush came out ahead after the conventions and stayed there.
This article shows a double-digit lead on July 26, but you're right that the conventions weren't until August back then, so the comparison between that election and this election isn't really apt.
Hillary Clinton now holds a 10-point lead over Donald Trump, 51 percent to 41 percent, according to results from the latest NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking poll
Clinton's double-digit lead is up from an 8-point gap last week. The 10-point margin is the biggest spread in the tracking poll since the two-way general election match-up was first compared in early May.
No. The Democratic convention was in July. Part of Dukakis' lead came from a convention bounce, but he was already ahead by a bunch. This was the end of the Reagan era and a lot of people were tired of him and Bush was seen as "four more years", so the dissatisfaction was handed over to Bush. The Republicans had their convention a month after the Dems. But they'd started eating into Dukakis' lead by then.
The only way he wins is if some extraordinary event(s) turns things to his favor.I particularly like that Trump's lead with men has taken a nosedive. His 16 point lead is now only 5. And Hillary has expanded her lead among women by 10 points, now a staggering 24.
How can Trump turn it around? Especially that he is now facing the news dead zone of the Olympics. My guess is they might be the best two weeks of his campaign. It might help to slow the bleeding if the crazy guy stopped making news.
The only way that I can see that Trump turns it around is through the debates. But even that is extremely unlikely. Not only will he have to be a totally different person he's going to have to study like he's never studied before.
The most dramatic would be an assassination attempt, whether real or staged. I can't see a real one coming from the Dems at this point, nor from the far/lunatic Right (they support him); it would more likely be from somewhere in the Cruz - Rubio part of the spectrum that wants to "save" the GOP.The only way he wins is if some extraordinary event(s) turns things to his favor.
Someone would spill the beans. Plus Donald's campaign has not demonstrated the competence to pull that off. They can't even keep him on message.The most dramatic would be an assassination attempt, whether real or staged. I can't see a real one coming from the Dems at this point, nor from the far/lunatic Right (they support him); it would more likely be from somewhere in the Cruz - Rubio part of the spectrum that wants to "save" the GOP.
A staged attempt would be something fun to discuss. Is it something even a desperate Donald would consider?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk