• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

  • Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Bernie Sanders will be the nominee.

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Vermin Supreme will be the nominee.

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Someone else will be the nominee.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planet X will unleash their secret weapon - a 35 year old clone of Justin Trudeau who was born in Wa

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .
I hate to say this since it might be the best skill or talent I have. But public speaking is way over-rated.

JFK was 100 times a better speaker than LBJ for example. But outside of LBJ's decision on Vietnam (Which is huge) LBJ was a 100 times a more effective President.
 
I hate to say this since it might be the best skill or talent I have. But public speaking is way over-rated.

JFK was 100 times a better speaker than LBJ for example. But outside of LBJ's decision on Vietnam (Which is huge) LBJ was a 100 times a more effective President.

Well to be fair. He did execute(no ANYTHING intended by that) John's plan.
 
Fist fights on the floor, shades of 1968.

Long time since a major party has been in such disarray.

Those pictures of an obviously pissed off sanders are the take away moment of the night.

Do you hear yourself? What total nonsense. It wasn't even the slight discord of 1980 between Carter and Ted Kennedy supporters.

Are you trying to emulate Trump with his over the top exaggerations?

I'll say this, you're good for a laugh.
 
Well to be fair. He did execute(no ANYTHING intended by that) John's plan.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.Are you talking Vietnam? Or Civil Rights or the Great Society? IMV LBJ, (like those things or hate them) that was all LBJ.

But to be fair JFK won by the slimmest of margins and LBJ won in a landslide. But unlike say Ike, LBJ who also was elected by a healthy margin, LBJ was committed to Civil Rights. Ike was in favor of pushing for equality he just never tackled the issue and neither did JFK.
 
Last edited:
WSg16Qb.jpg

WkRBoHh.jpg

WSLeL9G.jpg


Better than Donald, irrc. I bet more people watched it too. He must be fuming!
 
Ike was in favor of pushing for equality he just never tackled the issue and neither did JFK.

I love what LBJ accomplished. From his neck of the woods, I was. Civil rights was very much a JFK issue. Johnson accomplished it.
 
Better than Donald, irrc. I bet more people watched it too. He must be fuming!
Interesting the screens you chose. Did you miss the 71 up to 75 one?
It was a much more a preaching to the choir convention. Even with Bernie supporters. Trump is up against a lot of his "party".
Just saying.
 
The Great Pumpkin will be screaming at his social media team to get those "killer" #RealDonaldTrump tweets out NOW! or he will fire the lot of them and hire REAL Twitter geniuses!!! Because they haven't made him look like the country's saviour so far!
 
I love what LBJ accomplished. From his neck of the woods, I was. Civil rights was very much a JFK issue. Johnson accomplished it.

Civil Rights was NOT a Kennedy issue. It was a progressive issue. The Kennedys, sadly, had other priorities and really didn't push the civil rights agenda.
 
Civil Rights was NOT a Kennedy issue. It was a progressive issue. The Kennedys, sadly, had other priorities and really didn't push the civil rights agenda.

It could be a perception I have, others do not. I spent a fair amount of time with, Jr, and Jackie after his demise. I also knew the Johnson's well. I accept other perceptions.:thumbsup:

My .02
 
Anyone catch the whopper?


MorganLies.jpg



Morgan Freeman said:
We'll never quite know what it felt like to be in that room. But look at her. Look at her face. She's carrying the hope and the rage of an entire nation.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTe70CmYWv4

Hillary Clinton said:
“I am somewhat sheepishly concerned that it was my preventing one of my early spring allergic coughs. So, it may have no great meaning whatsoever.”


Hillary Clinton said:
“We watched it all in real time, the helicopters that landed in the courtyard of Osama’s compound, our SEALs that attacked the building, the helicopter’s tail that hit the wall, but succeeded in touching down regardless, and I closed my mouth to keep my heart from coming out of my throat. …”


http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/20/clintons-gasp-was-really-a-cough/?_r=0


:nope:

Busted.
 
Interesting the screens you chose. Did you miss the 71 up to 75 one?
It was a much more a preaching to the choir convention. Even with Bernie supporters. Trump is up against a lot of his "party".
Just saying.

I missed the 71 up to 75 one. Perhaps you could, while you're garnering sympathy for poor picked-upon lying billionaire scumbags, do us hard-working progressives a favor and post whatever the hell it is you're talking about?
 
Even Fox News praised the speech. The Trump troll on CNN wanted to know about "debt" but was shouted down as he rightly deserved.

I find it interesting that the speech very much appealed to both progressives and traditional Republicans.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom