• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

  • Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Bernie Sanders will be the nominee.

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Vermin Supreme will be the nominee.

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Someone else will be the nominee.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planet X will unleash their secret weapon - a 35 year old clone of Justin Trudeau who was born in Wa

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .
Fist fights on the floor, shades of 1968.

Long time since a major party has been in such disarray.

Those pictures of an obviously pissed off sanders are the take away moment of the night.
 
Counting on Twitter to get the videos of sanders fans getting beaten on the floor tonight.

Already trending.
 
Nah, that was better than I thought it would be. A broad liberal agenda, a good contrast with Trump, appropriate shout-outs (nice work sliding Hamilton in), overall pretty good. For that matter, Chelsea also did reasonably well, though her voice wasn't the strongest.

Is she the beast that Obama or Bill were? No, but those are basically the top two in my lifetime.

One line I noticed - "That's where the money is"? Um, that's a straight-up bank robber line. I'm half expecting that to be a trap for some fool to wander into.
 
When trump gets a tough question from a reporter?

He gives a vague, incoherent answer that says anything and everything so that his followers can read whatever they want into it.

Steve S
 
Blood on the floor, the story of the 2016 democrat party convention.

Nightmare for Hillary. Bad speech, poorly presented, and a war on the floor.
 
Blood on the floor, the story of the 2016 democrat party convention.

Nightmare for Hillary. Bad speech, poorly presented, and a war on the floor.

As soon as your Trump becomes president, perhaps your dream will come through, Democrats and Liberals will be outlawed! One Party rule for 16.5!
 
He gives a vague, incoherent answer that says anything and everything so that his followers can read whatever they want into it.

Steve S
There's also the chance he says something crazy. It's why he gets asked apparent softball questions. You ask him about Harambe because there's a 10% chance he says let the gorilla have the toddler.
 
I thought she did very well. Better than I expected. I found myself with a little more hope that she can defeat that Trump horror.
 
It's always hard to say how these things will go over with the public at large, but I think the conventions favor the Democrats. I think optimism plays well. I thought Hillary's speech tonight set almost the right tone. The only problem I had with it were that some of the specifics might have been the sort that play into the hands of opponents. She promised big programs and a tax increase to pay for it....on the other guys, of course.

I give it an A-. Let's see what the public and press give it tomorrow.
 
Voting for her, but I stand by the above.

The best I've ever seen of Hillary. Nice cadence, didn't shout too much. I've found in the past that the pitch of her voice has always grated on me a little bit. Not so much tonight.

We'll written speech as well. I'm not sure she knocked it out of the park, but it was least a solid double.
 
Blood on the floor, the story of the 2016 democrat party convention.

Nightmare for Hillary. Bad speech, poorly presented, and a war on the floor.

We obviously watched a different speech. LMAO.
 
A lot of specifics, important stuff to cover. Not as fun as the other speeches but the convention altogether has been one of the best. How can anyone not think Clinton is going to be one of the best POTUSes ever?

I think she will be.

Well, of all the presidents ever she'll most likely be one of 'em.
 
So both Trump and Hillary had certain goals for their speech they wanted to attain.
Trump needed to look more presidential, and swing independents. It seems he did.

Hillary needed to look more human and trustworthy, and swing independents. She's doing ok, but I don't think particularly great. I guess the polls will tell.

But so far, as far as their speeches, I think Trump gets the 'Most Improved' award.
Your opinion is not shared by all.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom