• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

80 Years of Subtle Sexism

[qimg]http://rationalia.com/z/090824Nmoveon.gif[/qimg]

yJ6bRok9kJI6A.gif
 
Until convenience/drug stores are no longer about a quarter filled with shelf after shelf after shelf of stuff women don't need but pay for anyway apparently just to prop up the stores, any claim of how much the need for one single product oppresses them is absurd.

That seems to me like a terrible argument. It basically amounts to saying that everything anyone ever buys should be taxed because we also buy things we don't need.

I really think you need to work on this one a little more.
 
Whining about women's exclusive awful burden of having to hear things that are, in fact, told to men as well, is putting yourself in an inferior position: declaring yourself too emotionally frail to handle minor routine imperfections in life that the rest of us take in stride and too fixated on feeling sorry for yourself about it to even notice the fact that the claim of any difference between you and everybody else on this is simply false.

I've never known why feminism has turned into such a font of useless false whinery bent on putting women down like this, but that's what we keep getting.



Man that is a great post.
 
Axed the tampon tax here in Canada earlier this year.

One thing that is weird...if I go into a grocery store, walk up to the bakery counter and buy a single muffin, I pay tax on it because it's considered a snack, Buy 6 muffins and they're tax free because now the muffins are considered groceries.
 
If we live in a society that has a long history of gender constructs, then some of the issues that arise will be because of children raised in that construct. Complaining about it being what it is, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Of course it is what it is.

I'm thinking of two examples. One is the Jimmy Kimmel fake Christmas present videos. One boy is given girls stickers and coloring books and he flips out because they are for a "girl." Where did that come from? Why does the kid feel that there is a distinction?

Then again as a mother of three sons I have seen so many things that people say "only women hear" directed at my sons constantly.

Just last night posting Christmas pictures. "Wow you better lock them up, the girls are going to go crazy!"

That's gone on for years. Yet I will often see women say this is something they hear that men "never hear."

Have you actually ASKED men what they hear? Or do you just assume that they don't?
 
That's an excellent question that I don't think we (Americans, people in general) got answer to just yet. I have problems with a man dressed as a women being in the same public restroom as my daughter, because it seems a pretty obvious step for a predator to disguise himself as a transgendered person. But at the same time it's not safe for a transgendered person to be in the "right" bathroom either.

Do you have any evidence for something like this ever happening? Or happening regularly enough for concern? This is just more fear mongering against the transgender community.

You are more likely to be attacked by a woman in a restroom than a pedophile disguising themselves as a transgender women. Pedophiles don't do that, they like to fly under the radar.

And funny how you are more worried about a man dressed as a woman being a pedophile than just regular female pedophiles. There are a TON of those. What kind of logic does your statement make? If you are worried about your daughter in a restroom go WITH her.
 
Last edited:
Do you have any evidence for something like this ever happening? Or happening regularly enough for concern? This is just more fear mongering against the transgender community.

You are more likely to be attacked by a woman in a restroom than a pedophile disguising themselves as a transgender women. Pedophiles don't do that, they like to fly under the radar.

And funny how you are more worried about a man dressed as a woman being a pedophile than just regular female pedophiles. There are a TON of those. What kind of logic does your statement make? If you are worried about your daughter in a restroom go WITH her.

I apologize. You have made great points. I clearly need to learn more about this issue. Thank you.
 
If we live in a society that has a long history of gender constructs, then some of the issues that arise will be because of children raised in that construct. Complaining about it being what it is, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Of course it is what it is.

I'm thinking of two examples. One is the Jimmy Kimmel fake Christmas present videos. One boy is given girls stickers and coloring books and he flips out because they are for a "girl." Where did that come from? Why does the kid feel that there is a distinction?

Then again as a mother of three sons I have seen so many things that people say "only women hear" directed at my sons constantly.

Just last night posting Christmas pictures. "Wow you better lock them up, the girls are going to go crazy!"

That's gone on for years. Yet I will often see women say this is something they hear that men "never hear."

Have you actually ASKED men what they hear? Or do you just assume that they don't?

I didn't make the video so I can't answer that question for you, but I would assume they did not ask men.
 
I apologize. You have made great points. I clearly need to learn more about this issue. Thank you.

You know what's interesting. Mothers of boys cannot go into the restroom with them. I had to worry the entire time they were small about letting them go into a bathroom where a male pedophile can go easily without any issue at all.

And I couldn't go with them. Consider how that changes how you view this issue. You learn to have them go as a team, only use single occupancy bathrooms. Go to places like IKEA where you CAN go in with them. etc.

Try to think about what it's like to be on the side of raising boys in this country and it might open your eyes to the way there are problems for everyone they just look different for different reasons.


Here's another one I mentioned in another thread. There is a subconscious expectation in this country that men are supposed to economically support their families and get them what they need.

Women who take care of families as single mothers are lauded with respect. If she has to go on welfare or get foodstamps because she doesn't make enough money, it's understandable.

Men are expected to get a good paying job and take care of their families. So in a sense their individual needs and desires are pushed off as unimportant. I often think this contributes to the "mid life crisis" we see when men run out, get the shiny new car, start trying to recapture their youth. We mock them when they do that as well.

Mothers have a much easier time being accepted for pursuing their dreams and personal ambitions than fathers do.
 
I believe you are correct with that my friend. My husband pushes himself beyond what's reasonable at times because "that's what men do".

As far as boys using the bathroom, I brought my son into the ladies room with me. Never had any problems doing it, was never confronted or anything. Or we used the family bathrooms.
 
I believe you are correct with that my friend. My husband pushes himself beyond what's reasonable at times because "that's what men do".

As far as boys using the bathroom, I brought my son into the ladies room with me. Never had any problems doing it, was never confronted or anything. Or we used the family bathrooms.

You can only do that for so long.
 
Your disingenuous usage of the words 'some' and 'most' is noted.

How is it disingenuous? It is the reality. I know reality is racist/sexist/problematic/satanic, but it is what it is.

What's next:- arguing that only 'some' Jews were gassed in the Holocaust, and that 'most' Nazis were just following orders?

Your disingenuous analogy invoking Godwin is noted.

Oppression of women throughout most of history is well documented, even by the men who did it.

As is the oppression of men.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom