I wish the ladies would settle this among themselves so I know which side to agree with.
"Whatever you say, dear."
Hmmm, I am not sure. She has an advanced degree in a field she likes and actually has a job in that field. Not at all equivalent to the Internet-izan living the the parents' basement.
I wasn't talking about the actresses, I was talking about the parts they played.
Ohhhh then i don't care what age you are, care for a date if you stay somewhen in germany?
Along these same lines, perhaps the flip side, I am sick of this trope:
http://kaethinks.com/2014/02/04/stupid-husband/
http://www.simplyhomeschoolliving.net/2015/05/hes-my-husband-not-my-child.html
My husband is not a helpless infant requiring my supervision and instruction. We empower girls but what about boys? I want my son to be an equal partner in his relationship(s), not "another child".
Along these same lines, perhaps the flip side, I am sick of this trope:
http://kaethinks.com/2014/02/04/stupid-husband/
http://www.simplyhomeschoolliving.net/2015/05/hes-my-husband-not-my-child.html
My husband is not a helpless infant requiring my supervision and instruction. We empower girls but what about boys? I want my son to be an equal partner in his relationship(s), not "another child".
There's nothing quite so pathetic as having a group of people who have enjoyed decades, centuries even, of privilege whining because a tiny fraction of the imbalance is finally being addressed.
Good links. I stole and modified a line form the first one:
Advertising is designed to MAKE you stupid, not to highlight your supposedly inherent stupidity.
For a modern example, just look at how Saudi Arabia is. It really is a "patriarchy". I don't see any other way around it. Women may participate in reinforcing the patriarchy, but to a large extent that's because to resist it (even passively) is dangerous.
In every way, obviously. Otherwise it would be a false equivalence.In what way is that character similar to guys who live in their parents' basements.
Let's just ignore centuries of recorded history and suggest that men controlling the world is some kind of conspiracy theory...Tony said:Those evilJewsmen have controlled the world for centuries. Its time for decentChristiansfeminists everywhere to make them answer for their oppression!
In every way, obviously. Otherwise it would be a false equivalence.
Let's just ignore centuries of recorded history and suggest that men controlling the world is some kind of conspiracy theory...
That is pretty simple actually. When the voices stop. Because who is vocal? Those who are not happy, be it with state of affairs after those centuries.
Let's just ignore centuries of recorded history and suggest that men controlling the world is some kind of conspiracy theory...
No. The voices will never stop, no matter what you do. Some people are just unhappy. They are unhappy with their own failures, and they look for ways to blame others for those failures.
Such people are invariably drawn to ideologies which construct categorical blame.
In every way, obviously. Otherwise it would be a false equivalence.
If you're interested, I'll even share my thoughts once I've done.
I've listened to a few (2-3?) of their hangout-things and I think my biggest complaint is Alison's hyperbole ...
Waaay too slow and boring to watch.
Recorded history does not support the feminist notion of "Patriarchy". The fact that there were mostly men at the top of the social pyramid doesn't negate the fact that there were a lot of men at the bottom too.
That's great, and refreshing. There tends to be some 'round here who don't tolerate any dissent to a given ideological point of view they hold. I've seen it enough that I have developed an unfortunate pessimism.
.