tsig
a carbon based life-form
- Joined
- Nov 25, 2005
- Messages
- 39,049
That was one part of my point, yes. But I also wanted to point out that a lot of atheists - especially those who do not have a personal lived experience as a Christian - do not understand what Christians actually believe about some things. They assume that Christians believe in a particular thing - a personified heaven with clouds and harps and stuff, for example, and prayer being about asking God for stuff, for another - and never actually get to the point of considering what it is that they actually believe.
I have only a limited experience with one kind of evangelical Pentecostal Christianity, but what I remember of the theology frequently differs wildly from what some lifelong atheists believe Christians believe. Different sects may come closer, perhaps, but that's outside my experience.
And you do understand what Christians actually believe while the rest of us poor unenlightened atheists are ignorant?
I was a Christian and spent two years in a Catholic seminary so perhaps I may have some vague inkling of what Christians believe about heaven.
Perhaps your limited experience with one kind of evangelical Pentecostal Christianity is limiting your views.
