lonepinealex
Muse
As Numbers pointed out, and my understanding too, is that PAtrick was awarded $8,000 euros from the police, but declined to accept it, and instead took his case to ECHR thinking he could get more money there.
I think he declined to accept the offer of comp, he said he didn't blame the police.
I'm not sure what angle of comp he preferred to follow.
But I believe he got paid $100,000 euros from a tabloid, IIRC?? Can that possibly be true?
Also, he claimed he was misquoted in the tabloid, and toned done his position when testifying at trial.
Lumumba is a bit of a scuz-bucket, imo. Yes he was harassed by cops, and the loss of his bar and livelihood, is a great reason for 'naming, names'. Doesn't mean its right.
And embracing his better nature at this point, means he has to stop riding the the Amanda Knox gravy train.
Plus he's an artist actually, a musician. So he's half mad out of the gate. He's probably got everything so bolloxed up in his head by now, stewing with jealousy over Knox's "celebrity and wealth" (his words), I doubt he;ll ever be able to disentangle things.
It's too bad. he was probably a gentle man before he got kidnapped by Mignini's henchmen.
Not a chance.
Thanks for the rest of the info. He should have taken the money! Poor guy, I do feel for him, but he needs to give over now.