mhaze
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 10, 2007
- Messages
- 15,718
As a resident of AZ and a cop I say first and foremost have Law enforcement and the military work hand in hand to to help plug the border. I realize it cannot be completely sealed, but for the cartels that come across armed, treat them as foreign invaders and neutralize them. The unarmed illeagals arrest them and send them back. The coyotes that smuggle the illegals, toss there asses in jail or if they are armed which most of them are, then once again treat them as foreign invaders.
It is very frustrating to have a large area of the state that is too dangerous for US citizens to travel into or through due to the amount of drug cartels smuggling their drugs.
For those who stated legalize drugs, HELL NO!!!! I deal with drug addicts on a daily basis and that would only worsen more problems than I can name in this post. Legalizing drugs would not solve the problem.
First of all, I'd appreciate your opinion on why legalizing marihuana would not HELP solve the problem by reducing income to the border gangs by that fraction, which is likely 75%.
Second, I'd suggest all of the returns to Mexico be made to Meridia, not to just right on the other side. Return them a long way from the border with the USA. EG, highly inconvenience them.
Third, WTF is wrong with requiring passports from foreigners?