• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Yet another Truther Tirade - any takers?

Now that you've reopened the thread, just to prove the JREF mods haven't shut it down, I'll actually respond to this piece of the LCF fellow's technobabble:

3) NIST says that pancaking of floors did not occur.
FEMA and Bazant et. al. both use pancaking as their primary vehicles for the destruction of the towers. Neither of them actually take in to account the relative speed of the collapse from initiation to completion. Pancaking takes time. It is a steady progression of single floors slamming in to single floors, overcoming the resistive forces applied from each. The speed of the collapse (which you lovingly pointed out that the top section didn't fall at freefall speeds. You're right it didn't fall at freefall speeds.... at first). It had to gather momentum, and it did so at the parabolic and exponential level that something beginning freefall would need to obtain. Translation: Something falling doesn't start at terminal velocity outside of a vacuum. It needs to build up momentum. Trace the collapse from a determined setpoint, I.E. the top of the tower. It starts falling slowly, then builds up speed, the penultimate result being the collapse followed the parabolic curve for reaching freefall speeds in a natural resistive manner. Translation: it fell like it was hitting air.
As has been noted, this is word salad. He/she doesn't appear to know the difference between freefall and terminal velocity. He/she doesn't know that neither is exponential: with freefall in a vacuum, velocity is linear as a function of time (neither parabolic nor exponential) and distance is quadratic (so the graph of position versus time may be a parabola, but is not exponential). With air or other resistance that can limit the velocity to an asymptotic terminal value, the velocity is sub-linear and the distance is sub-quadratic; neither is linear, neither is quadratic or parabolic, and neither is exponential. He doesn't understand that terminal velocity matters only as it is approached, and has negligible effect at the beginning of freefall. His use of the word "momentum" was technobabble; no one who actually understands the concept of momentum would have connected it to terminal velocity as he did.

Because he claimed (foolishly) that none of us here at JREF have revealed our real names or credentials, I'll sign this with my full name.

William D Clinger
 
The terminal velocity in a vacuum bit sure is amusing. Talk about failing when trying to sound like you get this "sciency stuff."
 
JFK?
That moron will never venture out from his safety zone on LCF.
He needs his ban hammer for when debates arent going his way.

Actually he did join at ATS, but since he couldn't ban those who disagreed with him he just ignored them all.

Yeah, they have too many double-standards for their rules. The Admins there basically won't let anyone speak their minds, they let noone have their Freedom of Speech, & they abuse their power.

And they have the balls to say that the Government's corrupt? LOL! They're just as corrupt, probably worse because they act like a bunch of Neo-Nazis & Racists.

As has been said elsewhere...the truthers aren't against a police state...they're just against a police state in which anyone but them is in control. This is evidenced in the manner that they administer their forums.

I was banned from more than one iteration of the LC forums. Once because dylan "didn't think I was welcome there". And another time because I was insulted by another truther. (I apparently should have known better than to use an argument that would make him angry at me)

Perhaps if the truthers didn't ban everyone who disagreed with them there might be someone left for them to have an intelligent discussion with. The good news for them is that if they come here, the rules are applied equally to all. It's a rather unique concept to them that dissenting ideas are not just tolerated but welcomed. Perhaps they know that they will eventually resort to personal attacks and therefore choose to remain at LCF where the mods permit them to do whatever they want.....save for disagreeing with those in charge.
 
Actually he did join at ATS, but since he couldn't ban those who disagreed with him he just ignored them all.



As has been said elsewhere...the truthers aren't against a police state...they're just against a police state in which anyone but them is in control. This is evidenced in the manner that they administer their forums.

I was banned from more than one iteration of the LC forums. Once because dylan "didn't think I was welcome there". And another time because I was insulted by another truther. (I apparently should have known better than to use an argument that would make him angry at me)

Perhaps if the truthers didn't ban everyone who disagreed with them there might be someone left for them to have an intelligent discussion with. The good news for them is that if they come here, the rules are applied equally to all. It's a rather unique concept to them that dissenting ideas are not just tolerated but welcomed. Perhaps they know that they will eventually resort to personal attacks and therefore choose to remain at LCF where the mods permit them to do whatever they want.....save for disagreeing with those in charge.

Sounds about right. Head over to youtube and post on a WACLA video. See how long it takes for them to block you. But pay special attention to the fact that they will block you, then post questions for you to respond to.
 
Sounds about right. Head over to youtube and post on a WACLA video. See how long it takes for them to block you. But pay special attention to the fact that they will block you, then post questions for you to respond to.


...let me guess...they then claim victory because you don't know the answers to their questions and must have run away?
 
Actually he did join at ATS, but since he couldn't ban those who disagreed with him he just ignored them all.



As has been said elsewhere...the truthers aren't against a police state...they're just against a police state in which anyone but them is in control. This is evidenced in the manner that they administer their forums.

I was banned from more than one iteration of the LC forums. Once because dylan "didn't think I was welcome there". And another time because I was insulted by another truther. (I apparently should have known better than to use an argument that would make him angry at me)

Perhaps if the truthers didn't ban everyone who disagreed with them there might be someone left for them to have an intelligent discussion with. The good news for them is that if they come here, the rules are applied equally to all. It's a rather unique concept to them that dissenting ideas are not just tolerated but welcomed. Perhaps they know that they will eventually resort to personal attacks and therefore choose to remain at LCF where the mods permit them to do whatever they want.....save for disagreeing with those in charge.

They think they can handle running a police state, they can't even handle themselves on their own forums.

Dylan's & Co. are A-holes! Hypocrites to the bitter end!

Truthers will always ban people from LCF because they have no intelligent conversations to strike up. It's either "agree with what I say or get banned", if that isn't brainwashing at its best then they have a serious problem with recognition of evidence. AE said that Duffman was on YouTube spreading lies that this thread was "closed", it never was, & of course he's welcomed to come here, same with everyone else @ LCF. But they're too much of a chickenhawk to come here & have a real debate. I've tried to get their Admin, JFK, here but he had some excuse that the Mods here would "ban" him immediately. They're too paranoid to even come here to have a civilized debate. They disgrace their own forum, since they attack people who come there to have a debate. I know they come over & read our threads, I've seen them steal someones suggestions about possible conspiracies & post them at LCF. Like that spiral in the sky over Denmark, they think that somehow HAARP is connected. LOL! I would love for them to come here & have a debate with us.
 
'Diosdebaca' responded today, apologizing for making false claims about me. I appreciate that.
He wrote:
'Again, my bad, I was thinking of another on of Chewy's little retard sock accounts on LC, *bows head in apology*. Are you gonna throw more insults at me because I apologized?'

My reply:
'No worries. I understand a lot of truthers carry around the 'tude that they're unbelievably intelligent and knowledgeable, but it's unjustified by their real abilities.

That's truther culture, in my experience. But outside the bubble of truther websites, they don't carry a lot of clout, nor do they command a lot of respect - for perfectly good reasons, IMHO.

Let's be perfectly honest and frank about of few things, shall we?

I decided not to engage the LCF for reasons which I outlined at JREF. LCF is not an open forum, where members are free to create new threads in any subject - if you are labeled a 'skeptic', you are stuck in that section alone.
Nor can you even mention certain topics (certain no-plane topics), whereas at JREF you can discuss whatever conspiracy theory you like.
OT posts and personal attacks are regularly dealt with at JREF as well, yet at LCF this was evidently not the case with attacks on me.

So what I suggest is that your ideas have to eventually survive outside the truthersphere (my term), so what's the obstacle for presenting them in a respectful way at JREF?

Yes, there are skeptics at JREF - surprise surprise, but there are also many people with good physics chops, some with very extensive training, in fact. (This simple fact which was vehemently denied by members of LCF, much to my shock and horror).

I encountered no equivalent at LCF - The member pool is just too limited.'

C'mon Duffman/Diosdebaca, you have an invite to start a thread on any topic you like, if you really believe in your knowledge you can put forward your thesis. If the responses are just childish insults and JREF mods do nothing about personal attacks, then you will have evidence just how bad JREF really is.

We'll see, if you decide to give it a try.

You'll notice that William D Clinger posted above, in his real name, responding to the allegations made at LCF that there were only anonymous people with no qualifications at JREF. There are others here, as I posted earlier, such as Dave Rogers and Ryan Mackey.

I thought it was very embarrassing for LCF that they couldn't even allow Mr. Mackey had physics expertise, they were so threatened by the idea. Do you agree?
 
The terminal velocity in a vacuum bit sure is amusing. Talk about failing when trying to sound like you get this "sciency stuff."

What?? "Terminal velocity in a vacuum"?? OMG... Yeah, something getting accelerated to the speed of light will experience relativistic effects, but what the hell that has to do with 9/11, I have no clue.
 
'Diosdebaca' responded today, apologizing for making false claims about me. I appreciate that.
He wrote:

'Again, my bad, I was thinking of another on of Chewy's little retard sock accounts on LC, *bows head in apology*. Are you gonna throw more insults at me because I apologized?

Damn, I've got "sock puppet accounts" which I'm not even aware of on the Loser Central Forum. LOL!
 
Do not post for banned members and do not bring fights from other forums here.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Lisa Simpson
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom