10:59–> There's a new piece in the New York Times, Platinum Platner Was Toxic. But Democrats Could Learn From His Politics. that has an interesting little discovery here, that I would clue in like Metaglacius Matt Iglesius and those types of folks, too. Because you often hear the Moderates say, Polling says that the Democrats are too far left. And this is a huge concern.'
Well, only 13% of Maine Democrats said Mr. Platner was too far to the left in a New York Times presidential poll, Sienna poll. And it's true that Platner wasn't DSA. DSA wouldn't have endorsed him. He wouldn't have got through the process given his biography. But his policies were – except for, I don't know, maybe even, I don't even know where the DSA is at on guns, but – not different from DSA. And yet he wasn't considered too far to the left. Mainly because, when people are responding to those polls and the Democrats are too far to the left, they mean that they're too professional class scolding and superior to them.
– Right, I mean that's how the party's branded itself. There has been an obuscation of what leftist politics actually is.