• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Watching the debate tonight?

I'm legit surprised we made it through the debate without Trump or Biden dropping one of Carlin's 7.
 
Yeah that's been my go-to metaphor for a while now.

But to be fair Mike! was responding to me, so I think he gets that.

Yeah but as I think you said previously: He's no longer even pretending to play any game - he's now crapping on the kitchen floor and spreading it around.
 
Having spent far too much time just now in reading this thread, I am pleased that my decision not to watch was the correct one!
I don't think I ever had a thread hit 10 pages in 24 hours before!

It was the best thing that's been on TV for ages!
 
Yeah but as I think you said previously: He's no longer even pretending to play any game - he's now crapping on the kitchen floor and spreading it around.

True I've long argued that the pretext, which was paper thin to begin with if we're being honest, dropped away a long time ago and Trump has been doing nothing but openly trolling/griefing for a while now while his supporters have dropped all pretense of supporting him as a political candidate in any traditional or meaningful sense of the word and are just using him as a flaming bag of dog poop to put on the Left's doorstep.

Which is why you cannot treat him and reacto to him as if he were actually a candidate running for an office.

The problem is all the subtext becoming the text and everyone realizing it doesn't make him go away.
 
The context, from the links, is that he called for applause for a young officer he had just praised, and after a lukewarm response he called for more. If "stupid bastards" meant anything here, it meant "Show this person you like her."

Great judgement on Biden's part then.
 
I caught highlights (lowlights?) on the BBC news at 9 a.m. Since then I've been avoiding the TV news. Unbearable crap, but I hate cross-talk at the best of times and this wasn't 'the best of times'.
 
BREAKING NEWS: It has been announced this morning that the second debate will just be a fistfight in a parking lot.
 
When the intended target of an alleged insult claps and cheers in response, perhaps it wasn’t meant as an insult and everyone involved understood that.

Anyone who thinks that was an insult has never been in the service. These are people who play such fun games as "Meat Gazer" and "Bag Tag" with their closest and dearest friends. I'll leave it to your imaginations as to what those are.
 
I'm legit surprised we made it through the debate without Trump or Biden dropping one of Carlin's 7.
CW: Mr. Vice President, your question. You've said that Presiden--

DT: Tits!

CW: That President Trump's handling of the coron--

DT: Tits!

JB: C'mon, man.

CW: Mr. President, please. Mr. Biden, the coro--

DT: Tits, I say!
 
The violence perpetrated by right-wing agitators might have been averted if they were afraid they might actually be in danger pulling their crap.

America is a free nation because people were willing to FIGHT for that freedom. King George wasn't negotiated into letting us go. The slaves weren't freed by a referrendum. And that moron Chamberlin proved what happens when you trust a fasicst's word, even when written down.

You belong to that way odd of thinking that when you get two groups of hot headed agitators together with guns, it's somehow going to end well because they're afraid of each other.
 
538 and Ipsos polled a group of voters before and after the debate. The results are not that good for Trump.


"Debate watchers were pretty decisive in their verdict of last night’s performances: Only about one-third said Trump’s performance was “somewhat good” or “very good,” and 50 percent said it was “very poor.” Biden’s performance was more positively received, with around 60 percent saying they thought he performed well."

"Americans’ negative opinion of the president’s debate performance did not improve an already poor impression of Trump. Going into the debate, more people had a negative opinion of Trump, but after the debate, the gap between Biden and Trump’s net favorability (favorable rating minus unfavorable rating) grew even larger, from 26 points to 33 points."

Full results: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-debate-poll/
 
Last edited:
I saw the probable ornament of a rosary bracelet and not a cufflink. What part of this are you disputing?


Bingo.
Biden talked about wearing the rosary beads during a 2017 interview with Megyn Kelly, according to The Huffington Post. “I have not taken off the rosary Beau was wearing when he passed, since then. It is my connection with him,” Biden said.
https://heavy.com/news/biden-wearing-wire-wired-debate-fact-check/

And if he doesn't mean that literally -- if, say, he takes them off in the shower -- is he lying?
 
“Bad things happen in Philadelphia.”

- guy running for President about the biggest city in a battleground state, on live television.

Us Philadelphians are owning that line. We're pissed off at Trump for the shots he took at Philly, but people had T-Shirts with "Bad Things Happen In Philadelphia" within minutes of the debate ending.
 
If the commission is smart, they'll give the moderator a kill switch for the microphones. You'd still hear Trump's little rants but not coherently on TV. A virtual debate where they aren't even in the same room and the moderator controls a mute button wouldn't be a bad option either. Trump will never go for a virtual debate though.

Cutting off the mics seems to be one of the options they are discussing but the candidates have to agree to this. I don't think Trump would ever agree to this.
 
Us Philadelphians are owning that line. We're pissed off at Trump for the shots he took at Philly, but people had T-Shirts with "Bad Things Happen In Philadelphia" within minutes of the debate ending.

I mean look at your Hockey mascot. That thing's Lovecraftian.
 
Us Philadelphians are owning that line. We're pissed off at Trump for the shots he took at Philly, but people had T-Shirts with "Bad Things Happen In Philadelphia" within minutes of the debate ending.

That's awesome.

In other T-shirt news, you can apparently buy T-shirts saying "Will you shut up, man." from several vendors, including from the Biden campaign.

I'll bet someone has already put it on a mask, too.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom