Yeah that's been my go-to metaphor for a while now.
But to be fair Mike! was responding to me, so I think he gets that.
Having spent far too much time just now in reading this thread, I am pleased that my decision not to watch was the correct one!
I don't think I ever had a thread hit 10 pages in 24 hours before!
Yeah but as I think you said previously: He's no longer even pretending to play any game - he's now crapping on the kitchen floor and spreading it around.
The context, from the links, is that he called for applause for a young officer he had just praised, and after a lukewarm response he called for more. If "stupid bastards" meant anything here, it meant "Show this person you like her."
It was amusing when Dana Bash called it a **** show. The times they are a changing.
When the intended target of an alleged insult claps and cheers in response, perhaps it wasn’t meant as an insult and everyone involved understood that.
Trump said:Don't ever use the word smart with me.
CW: Mr. Vice President, your question. You've said that Presiden--I'm legit surprised we made it through the debate without Trump or Biden dropping one of Carlin's 7.
Great judgement on Biden's part then.
The violence perpetrated by right-wing agitators might have been averted if they were afraid they might actually be in danger pulling their crap.
America is a free nation because people were willing to FIGHT for that freedom. King George wasn't negotiated into letting us go. The slaves weren't freed by a referrendum. And that moron Chamberlin proved what happens when you trust a fasicst's word, even when written down.
Probably not, but he said it to their faces and they laughed and applauded. Not quite the same as calling dead vets "suckers" and "losers."
I saw the probable ornament of a rosary bracelet and not a cufflink. What part of this are you disputing?
https://heavy.com/news/biden-wearing-wire-wired-debate-fact-check/Biden talked about wearing the rosary beads during a 2017 interview with Megyn Kelly, according to The Huffington Post. “I have not taken off the rosary Beau was wearing when he passed, since then. It is my connection with him,” Biden said.
“Bad things happen in Philadelphia.”
- guy running for President about the biggest city in a battleground state, on live television.
If the commission is smart, they'll give the moderator a kill switch for the microphones. You'd still hear Trump's little rants but not coherently on TV. A virtual debate where they aren't even in the same room and the moderator controls a mute button wouldn't be a bad option either. Trump will never go for a virtual debate though.
Us Philadelphians are owning that line. We're pissed off at Trump for the shots he took at Philly, but people had T-Shirts with "Bad Things Happen In Philadelphia" within minutes of the debate ending.
Us Philadelphians are owning that line. We're pissed off at Trump for the shots he took at Philly, but people had T-Shirts with "Bad Things Happen In Philadelphia" within minutes of the debate ending.