• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Video: Obama On Atheism

Actually, I was simply making a defense of your attacks, which could be seen as insulting, with criticisms of my own, that you seem to think are insulting. Seems you can give but not take.

What I am interested in is what you think I am "bigoted" against?

How can I be railroading you into anything when all I am doing is asking you to explain your apparent sympathetic attitude towards the feelings of fanatical terrorists?

As to adult. That was my mistake, prompted by what seemed to be a disjointed argument. I apologize.

See bolded.

Now read my first two posts. (Especially the pro-american statement in the first)

Now show me the insulting critisisms you feel you had to defend. The first insulting came from yourself sunshine.

Then set fire to your strawman about the terrorists. I have no truck with terrorists or muslim radicals. Having served in the Gulf and Northern Ireland it doesn't wash.
 
See bolded.

Now read my first two posts. (Especially the pro-american statement in the first)

Now show me the insulting critisisms you feel you had to defend. The first insulting came from yourself sunshine.

Then set fire to your strawman about the terrorists. I have no truck with terrorists or muslim radicals. Having served in the Gulf and Northern Ireland it doesn't wash.


Let us recap. You profess "pro" Americanism because you've had contact with nice Americans, and you profess to be against Muslim fanatics because they have tried to kill you, and I mean no disrespect whatsoever for your military service, which is not the front line I can claim (beyond having had family and possessions held hostage and looted in Kuwait by those non Islamists called Iraqis).

However, you present as an example of Anti Americansim through a few Americans who would apparently rather be Canadian, and are dumb enough to think that would protect them from homicidal Islamist fanatics, and you appear to have sympathy for those poor souls who should have stayed at home and in bed or, at best, demonstrated against our own military perhaps.

You also appeared to suggest that "we" should have listened to those stuck in the 14th Century, and not had dealings with recognized governments in the Middle East (whatever one thinks of them) because it's the gutter people who actually rule. You had every opportunity to explain that stance, and perhaps retract it based on poor choice of words, but instead you have now avoided at least 5 requests for clarification, with among other things accusations of bigotry on my part (bigotry against what?).

I am also starting to hear what sounds mostly like a whine about criticism directed at you, which will become louder the louder you whine.

Personally, I would be glad to let this drop and avoid you in the future, but manners dictate that I reply.
 
OK here goes one last time to see if you can see through the blinkers

Let us recap. You profess "pro" Americanism because you've had contact with nice Americans,

Snide use of commas implying I am lying? This is either another strawman or you are lying. I professed to be pro american for more reasons than that. Did you purposely miss this out? Grew up with many american friends at school. Mother worked on US base for 18 years. I work for an american company. New York is my favourite place in the world to visit and I do it as much as I can. I travel to the US to work. I have many american friends and colleagues.


E said:
and you profess to be against Muslim fanatics because they have tried to kill you,

No, incorrect again or a lie. I am against terrorists because they are murderers. I have seen first hand what they can do in Ireland and the Gulf region. It has nothing to do with the war. Saddam was not a terrorist when he tried to kill me with Scuid missiles, it was a war and he was not a muslim fanatic

E said:
and I mean no disrespect whatsoever for your military service, which is not the front line I can claim (beyond having had family and possessions held hostage and looted in Kuwait by those non Islamists called Iraqis).

I know people from Kuwait whose families were treated like animals by the Iarqis. These people were muslims same as the Iraqis.

E said:
However, you present as an example of Anti Americansim through a few Americans who would apparently rather be Canadian,

You lie again. They would not rather be, and I have not claimed they would rather be, Canadian. In the present world climate a lot of backpackers I meet travel as canadians as it is safer. Same as it is safer to say you are scottish abroad rather than english sometimes. If you do not know this or see why then you are really ignorant to the world outside your shores nowadays

E said:
and are dumb enough to think that would protect them from homicidal Islamist fanatics, and you appear to have sympathy for those poor souls who should have stayed at home and in bed or, at best, demonstrated against our own military perhaps.

Insults again? Sympathy for who? Your post makes no sense.

E said:
You also appeared to suggest that "we" should have listened to those stuck in the 14th Century, and not had dealings with recognized governments in the Middle East (whatever one thinks of them) because it's the gutter people who actually rule.

I suggested no such thing. I remarked that maybe if america had listened then maybe they would not be the mess there is now with the islamist terrorists. I do not agree they should have listened but if they had there would have been a difference in the world today. This was in reply to your remark about poulling short in the first gulf war. The US listened to no-one. They made the choice that they would go no further and if the UN had given the go ahead they would still not have done it. They wanted to leave it to the kurds and the shia marsh arabs.

E said:
You had every opportunity to explain that stance, and perhaps retract it based on poor choice of words, but instead you have now avoided at least 5 requests for clarification, with among other things accusations of bigotry on my part (bigotry against what?).

You strawman was ignored repeatedly.

E said:
I am also starting to hear what sounds mostly like a whine about criticism directed at you, which will become louder the louder you whine

I am whining about your insults and strawmen. See my first two posts. No insults

E said:
Personally, I would be glad to let this drop and avoid you in the future, but manners dictate that I reply.

Yes, please drop it. You are coming across very poorly and immature.
 
OK here goes one last time to see if you can see through the blinkers

Your blinkers? Yes I do see through them.:rolleyes:



Snide use of commas implying I am lying? This is either another strawman or you are lying. I professed to be pro american for more reasons than that. Did you purposely miss this out? Grew up with many american friends at school. Mother worked on US base for 18 years. I work for an american company. New York is my favourite place in the world to visit and I do it as much as I can. I travel to the US to work. I have many american friends and colleagues.

Sounds like some one who says they have plenty of Jewish friends, but they hate zionists. Actually this whole approach is irrelevant, except to the extent that you consider it a part of your argument on the issues at hand, which it is not.

No, incorrect again or a lie. I am against terrorists because they are murderers. I have seen first hand what they can do in Ireland and the Gulf region. It has nothing to do with the war. Saddam was not a terrorist when he tried to kill me with Scuid missiles, it was a war and he was not a muslim fanatic

You are not being clear in your point, whatever it is. Saddam was a terrorist in every way that counts, to other Arabs first, and the rest of us second. He clearly supported fanaticism (do you not recall that the primary resistance, that he established, came from exactly that group?)



I know people from Kuwait whose families were treated like animals by the Iarqis. These people were muslims same as the Iraqis.

Yes, of course we know what the culture is. What relevance does that have to the issues we are supposedly trying to debate?


You lie again. They would not rather be, and I have not claimed they would rather be, Canadian. In the present world climate a lot of backpackers I meet travel as canadians as it is safer. Same as it is safer to say you are scottish abroad rather than english sometimes. If you do not know this or see why then you are really ignorant to the world outside your shores nowadays

You know, it get so so so tiresome when pretense of a position always results in a claim of "liar liar pants on fire". Childish. I'm not sure how many times you have tried to support your arguments with that small word, but there it is again.

I take people at their word. If they pretend to be Canadian, then they act as if they wish they were Canadian. Your pitiful cries of liar liar label you when you don't understand that.




Insults again? Sympathy for who? Your post makes no sense.

Perhaps I was being too relevant. You don't seem to be aware that there are plenty of Americans who appear to hate their country (unless it was ruled by them). There are plenty of videos available on TV and the internet if you are actually interested in what they look like. Sometimes the banners and costumes are quite amusing.:D


I suggested no such thing. I remarked that maybe if america had listened then maybe they would not be the mess there is now with the islamist terrorists. I do not agree they should have listened but if they had there would have been a difference in the world today. This was in reply to your remark about poulling short in the first gulf war. The US listened to no-one. They made the choice that they would go no further and if the UN had given the go ahead they would still not have done it. They wanted to leave it to the kurds and the shia marsh arabs.

See!! You did it again and you don't, clearly, even recognize what you just said. You said "listen to the fanatics", and also you say "Poulling short" in the first gulf war, when what they actually did was listen to everyone; but you didn't hear that did you?


You strawman was ignored repeatedly.

As no doubt it will be again; regardless of what you call it.



I am whining about your insults and strawmen. See my first two posts. No insults

You were whining about my supposed insults against the wannabe Canadians and your sympathy for them.

Yes, please drop it. You are coming across very poorly and immature.

As you wish. :D
 
Yet another complete swing and miss, and another attempt to call me a liar

Pathetic really from someone who professed to be worldy wise and had travelled a lot. The following is the most pathetic thing a supposed grown man has posted. You claimed they wanted to be Canadian. They do not. They travel as Canadians for safety reasons. I dont care what pathetic insults you want to throw at them but your claim is false. The rest of your post is too poor for me even to try to educate you on reasonable debating as it is obvious you have your bigotry and prejudice to keep you amused.

E said:
I take people at their word. If they pretend to be Canadian, then they act as if they wish they were Canadian. Your pitiful cries of liar liar label you when you don't understand that.

Arse from elbow, you would not know the difference
 
Yet another complete swing and miss, and another attempt to call me a liar

:confused: Weird, this is. I don't call you a liar, remember? It is you who use the word, and I'm sure you are not lying when you say what you say.

Pathetic really from someone who professed to be worldy wise and had travelled a lot. The following is the most pathetic thing a supposed grown man has posted. You claimed they wanted to be Canadian. They do not. They travel as Canadians for safety reasons.
:confused: You don't get that?? I was insulting the poor souls for being such craven cowards, and seeming to wish that they were Canadians instead of Americans.

I dont care what pathetic insults you want to throw at them but your claim is false. The rest of your post is too poor for me even to try to educate you on reasonable debating as it is obvious you have your bigotry and prejudice to keep you amused.
Ahh. Bigotry again. What is it I am a bigot about? I have asked this question at least twice before, and as usual you ignore. Do you think bigotry means having contempt for an opinion, or wannabe Canadians? Your opinion perhaps? Is that how you have been taught to respond to criticism, by crying "BIGOT"?


Arse from elbow, you would not know the difference
You are so cute when you scowl :D
 
This is of course getting really childish, but it still begs the question why people like you and the one you suck up to refuse to engage in any form of debate once running into a contrary opinion, or just one that isn't liked.

I hold some of Funks apparent friends in contempt, and by association I suppose also his support of them.

That has caused him to say I am a liar and a bigot. Not very smart response, wouldn't you say, oh Great Suck Up Troll Hunter (still wet behind the ears and without personal opinions to spout)?
 
This is of course getting really childish, but it still begs the question why people like you and the one you suck up to refuse to engage in any form of debate once running into a contrary opinion, or just one that isn't liked.

I hold some of Funks apparent friends in contempt, and by association I suppose also his support of them.

That has caused him to say I am a liar and a bigot. Not very smart response, wouldn't you say, oh Great Suck Up Troll Hunter (still wet behind the ears and without personal opinions to spout)?

ad homs, strawmen by the handful and a few more ad homs.

You get a solid 7 out of 10 on the Troll-o-meter - not quite up to Jerome da Gnome's standards, but you're a strong contender. Keep it up!
 
This is of course getting really childish, but it still begs the question why people like you and the one you suck up to refuse to engage in any form of debate once running into a contrary opinion, or just one that isn't liked.

Debate among adults does not start with insults in your first few posts to your opponent unless you are as ignorant as 911 truthers.

E said:
I hold some of Funks apparent friends in contempt, and by association I suppose also his support of them.

Not my friends. People I have met. I have met prince charles but he is not my friend. You lie about what they are doing.

I also did not say I supported them. Are you going for the world record strawman competition?


E said:
That has caused him to say I am a liar and a bigot. Not very smart response, wouldn't you say, oh Great Suck Up Troll Hunter (still wet behind the ears and without personal opinions to spout)?

You lied about what I have said. You language and usage of terms is of the bigot.

Stop your strawmen, insults and dishonesty and we could have had a debate, unfortunately it seems you are incapable or too unintelligent to carry on debate without falling back on these childish antics. It seems I am not the only one who sees this.

Adios troll, find another poster to harrass with your petty insults:)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom