How did he do this? Through a psychic medium?Karl Marx himself said the Soviet government wasn't truly communist. And neither did its puppet states or China.
How did he do this? Through a psychic medium?Karl Marx himself said the Soviet government wasn't truly communist. And neither did its puppet states or China.
I find it interesting how you label it "revolutionary." There could easily be a communist democracy. These labels don't really work. They are far to broad in scope and aren't really related.Revolutionary Communism is necessarily dictatorial. Dictatorships are systemically corrupt in ways that liberal democracies are not.
Again, help me understand the blind spot in the liberal mindset, about revolutionary communism.
Oh? How so?I find it interesting how you label it "revolutionary." There could easily be a communist democracy. These labels don't really work. They are far to broad in scope and aren't really related.
Your inability to make the connection does not indicate ignorance on my part.What? What are you talking about? You're ignorance is showing.
Are you asserting that communism is not left wing? The very leftmost possible of left wing structures?Yes but it's not that they are "leftist" it's that they are authoritarian or even totalitarian.
FYI... I find it interesting that in about 25 years of taking the Political Compass test, I've hardly moved at all. I remain slightly left, slightly libertarian, but predominantly moderate.Are you asserting that communism is not left wing? The very leftmost possible of left wing structures?
Authoritarianism is orthogonal to left-right.

Not a single communist country was ever not corrupt.Exactly. Her analogy about flowers deliberately ignores the point. All those communist countries were corrupt authoritarian regimes before they were communist. Every one. So clearly, the corruption is unrelated to the economic system.
I don't think sending the army is going to fix it. Regulations, fines, assessments, etc. seem to have worked fairly well... at least when the government was functioning properly rather than being driven by corporate interests.you are extremely naïve.
Companies commit crimes ALL THE TIME.
Almost all of the commit wage theft.
All producing pollution violate environmental regulations.
Literally always, companies have formed Cartels when convenient.
And you think that someone showing up with a piece of paper from the government will make them change their ways?
Absolutely not. That's a ridiculous, reckless, and antisocial idea.guess you think we should get rid of all Cops and Courts, too?
Why do you think that you just saying ◊◊◊◊ you've made up is a reasonable way to engage in discussion?come on, no one is that clueless.
you just like the idea of companies and the rich exploiting everyone else.
They're enamored of revolution. The communism is incidental - if you want a revolution you have to at least pretend you have something better to put in place than what we've currently got, otherwise you can't get the glorious revolution off the ground!The main thing I don't understand about the liberal mindset - or at least the left-leaning/progressive mindset - is this constant knee-jerk impulse to defend Revolutionary Communism.
I would be surprised to find a rightist who loves leftist totalitarianism.Not nearly as much as rightists do.
Nonsense.Not a single communist country was ever not corrupt.
I don't think it's true to say that Cuba and Venezuela were corrupt authoritarian regimes before becoming communist. It seems more like corrupt authoritarians used the promise of a communist utopia in order to install their corrupt communist regime.
No, they like right wing totalitarianism.I would be surprised to find a rightist who loves leftist totalitarianism.
Because they don't. It's painting with too broad a brush. The labels are almost meaningless. Left Right, Conservative Liberal labels mean almost nothing.Oh? How so?
No. I'm saying that it's the fact that it's extreme and authoritarian that is the important thing. An example would be North Vs South Vietnam, where the South was more corrupt than the North, and according to a memo to the President written by a civilian advisor and senior officer, John Paul Van, the North Vietnamese were more in line with the American dream and values. Because it was less corrupt than the South (which wasn't a high bar).Are you asserting that communism is not left wing? The very leftmost possible of left wing structures?
Authoritarianism is orthogonal to left-right.
look, you are either being dishonest - to yourself and us, or you just haven't thought about this at all.I don't think sending the army is going to fix it. Regulations, fines, assessments, etc. seem to have worked fairly well... at least when the government was functioning properly rather than being driven by corporate interests.
Making MORE of a government that is driven by corporate interests doesn't seem like a reasonable approach to reducing corporate overreach to me.
Absolutely not. That's a ridiculous, reckless, and antisocial idea.
Why do you think that you just saying ◊◊◊◊ you've made up is a reasonable way to engage in discussion?
I would be surprised to find a rightist who loves leftist totalitarianism.
And @arthwollipot was very precise in his meaningA lot of leftists seem to really like the idea of leftist totalitarianism.
I read that as "many rightists like the bogeyman of left-wing authoritarianism because they then can conflate Communism and Socialism, or liberalism with so-called 'leftism', which is handy and which can be seen in some answers in this thread"Not nearly as much as rightists do.
I would be surprised to find a rightist who loves leftist totalitarianism.
No, they like right wing totalitarianism.
That's exactly what I meant.I read that as "many rightists like the bogeyman of left-wing authoritarianism because they then can conflate Communism and Socialism, or liberalism with so-called 'leftism', which is handy and which can be seen in some answers in this thread"
If you go far enough left, then yes, of course. But not most socialists, let alone liberals.Right, so a lot of leftists seem to like the idea of leftist authoritarianism.