• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Understanding the Liberal Mindset

I have reached the point of mistrusting ALL political ideologies, simply because they are all so damn dogmatic and really do have a If the facts are our ideology clash, the facts must be disposed of.
I also hate the double standard, where if somebody of the other ideology does something bad is it totally evil, but if somebody on my side does it is is somehow excusable or even admiriable.
And the worst thing about people with ideological blinders on is they have no idea they are wearing them.
In other words, religion has nothing on political ideologies when it comes to making people behave stupidly.
Well I have reached the point where I get really ◊◊◊◊◊◊ with people who say "well, both sides are just as bad as each other so I'm going to be Politically Homeless". When one side is stocked with criminals, paedophiles, grifters, fraudsters, insurrectionists, billionaire techbros, crypto scammers and malignant narcissists, that side is worse than the other.
 
Well I have reached the point where I get really ◊◊◊◊◊◊ with people who say "well, both sides are just as bad as each other so I'm going to be Politically Homeless". When one side is stocked with criminals, paedophiles, grifters, fraudsters, insurrectionists, billionaire techbros, crypto scammers and malignant narcissists, that side is worse than the other.
When that other side is stacked with intolerant ideologists, misogynists, anti-Semites, fiscal interventionists, compelled speech advocates, free-speech suppressionists, rape apologists, cancel-culture proponents, defenders of terrorism and self-righteous, elitist prats who think they know what's best for everyone whether they like it or not, I don't think there's a lot to choose between them!

◊◊◊◊ the lot of them I say!!
 
Last edited:
When that other side is stacked with intolerant ideologists, misogynists, anti-Semites, fiscal interventionists, compelled speech advocates, free-speech suppressionists, rape apologists, cancel-culture proponents, defenders of terrorism and self-righteous, elitist prats who think they know what's best for everyone whether they like it or not, I don't think there's a lot to choose between them!

◊◊◊◊ the lot of them I say!!
We've spent 37 pages deconstructing your delusions. Have you learned nothing about the liberal mindset?
 
hopefully the point he's trying to make is how you can just as easily apply all that to the right.
 
You can find one example of each of those epithets if you look hard and long enough. And if you find one, that means every other person of the same political persuasion also possesses that attribute. Stands to reason.
 
I don't know about liberal or conservative mindset. I don't even know what those words mean. They certainly don't mean what they use to.
 
When that other side is stacked with intolerant ideologists, misogynists, anti-Semites, fiscal interventionists, compelled speech advocates, free-speech suppressionists, rape apologists, cancel-culture proponents, defenders of terrorism and self-righteous, elitist prats who think they know what's best for everyone whether they like it or not, I don't think there's a lot to choose between them!

◊◊◊◊ the lot of them I say!!
What side is this? Liberal or Conservative?
 
I have reached the point of mistrusting ALL political ideologies, simply because they are all so damn dogmatic and really do have a If the facts are our ideology clash, the facts must be disposed of.
I also hate the double standard, where if somebody of the other ideology does something bad is it totally evil, but if somebody on my side does it is is somehow excusable or even admiriable.
And the worst thing about people with ideological blinders on is they have no idea they are wearing them.
In other words, religion has nothing on political ideologies when it comes to making people behave stupidly.

I also enjoy setting myself up to be able to politically high-horse everyone else.

Bothsidesers are like vegans and crossfitters. They go out of their way to tell everyone about it. You're just as bad, if not worse, than any religious or political ideology. If you think otherwise you're just lying to yourself.
 
Well I have reached the point where I get really ◊◊◊◊◊◊ with people who say "well, both sides are just as bad as each other so I'm going to be Politically Homeless". When one side is stocked with criminals, paedophiles, grifters, fraudsters, insurrectionists, billionaire techbros, crypto scammers and malignant narcissists, that side is worse than the other.
The dilemma arises when both sides are well stocked with ne'er-do-wells.
 
Almost like people can be ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ across the entire political spectrum. Hard to believe, I know, but here we are.

Which, at least in the US, can be expected on some level. You're looking at 435 House Reps and 100 Senators. The chances that some ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ loser is going to get in and make an ass out of themselves (and their party) is pretty likely.

I just don't see as many issues with the Dems that I do with the GOP reps. The GOP just seems downright hateful to anyone and everyone that isn't on their political team. I'm not talking about facebook, twitter, or TikTok posts by randos that claim to be this or that. I mean by actual elected officials. Never has a Democrat POTUS acted like Trump. That's the main reason I see these bothsidesers as a genuine joke in our society. It's the definition of retarded to say they're both as bad. I mean that word by its definition. It holds us back as a society to look at both political parties and honestly tell yourself "both of these parties are equally as terrible."

Are there problems with both parties? Absolutely. The Dems have a lot of work to do, but to say they're on the same level is crazy.
 
If everyone is bad, then, logically, you should always work against the people currently in power.

Seems obvious to me.
 
Are there problems with both parties? Absolutely. The Dems have a lot of work to do, but to say they're on the same level is crazy.
To be fair, I do understand how someone can be immersed in the monumentally ◊◊◊◊◊◊ up American political system and become completely disillusioned with the whole thing. I think I would be too, if I had to deal with that complete mess.
 
To be fair, I do understand how someone can be immersed in the monumentally ◊◊◊◊◊◊ up American political system and become completely disillusioned with the whole thing. I think I would be too, if I had to deal with that complete mess.

I won't argue with the fact that it's a mess, only that the mess is equally created. It's like walking into the bedroom of little brothers and seeing paint on the wall. One of the brothers is taking a nap, and the other one has paint all over his hands, and screaming, "You're both equally at fault."

It's that obvious that the parties are nothing alike and the Dems are head and shoulders above the current state of the GOP.

Being disillusioned is fine, but completely ignoring reality should be called out and mocked.
 
I won't argue with the fact that it's a mess, only that the mess is equally created. It's like walking into the bedroom of little brothers and seeing paint on the wall. One of the brothers is taking a nap, and the other one has paint all over his hands, and screaming, "You're both equally at fault."

It's that obvious that the parties are nothing alike and the Dems are head and shoulders above the current state of the GOP.

Being disillusioned is fine, but completely ignoring reality should be called out and mocked.

Oh the Dems are curretnly infinatly better then the GOP, but that does mean they are faultless.
A lot of the problem with the US political system is not curable by making changes to the system but is more of a sprituial, if that is the right word,k problem. No democratic system on earth is safe from voter stupidity.
I am very uncomfortable that any criticism of anything on the political left is considered to doupleplusungood crime think by many here.
And I refuse to beleive I have to follow any party line of beliefs; I don;t see why the idea that the left is right on some issues but wrong on others, and vice verse with the right is so evil.
 
Interesting that most of the founding fathers HATED the idea of "Factions" the 18th century term for political parties.
I don't know about most. But Jefferson spoke and wrote against them. And yet parties were pretty much there right from the start.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom