arthwollipot
Limerick Purist Pronouns: He/Him
And not one that Cox came up with on his own, either. He's just a pretty face they put on TV to explain things that other working scientists have discovered.Yes, this is an uncontested fact.
And not one that Cox came up with on his own, either. He's just a pretty face they put on TV to explain things that other working scientists have discovered.Yes, this is an uncontested fact.
And this has been the common speculation for decades, but unproven and as yet untestable. Conjecture for why we don't have evidence is not evidence.
And not one that Cox came up with on his own, either. He's just a pretty face they put on TV to explain things that other working scientists have discovered.
I have learnt a lot from him, he has an enviable knack for explaining complicated things in a way that makes them easy to understand, even for me. And his entusiasm is contagious, which helps to keep me interested, even when I struggle to understand.That's harsh. He's a genuine scientist and an excellent communicator. Scorpion has clearly learned something from him, and I have no doubt many others have too. I've watched pretty much all his stuff and, although I don't recall learning anything new, he has certainly helped me understand it.
Might be worth your while educating yourself about Prof. Brian Cox, CBE. He is a professor of particle physics in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester and the Royal Society Professor for Public Engagement in Science. He is one of the working scientists you reference. And of course many of his programs explain, and explain very well, things that others have discovered. That is generally the purpose of science documentaries aimed at the general public.And not one that Cox came up with on his own, either. He's just a pretty face they put on TV to explain things that other working scientists have discovered.
No. And that should tell you why.Your post seems to show you have an interest in disparaging him. Care to tell us why?
Tells me nothing, but ok.No. And that should tell you why.
I think this refers to "He's just a pretty face they put on TV . . ."No. And that should tell you why.
I have no idea if he is a "pretty face". His appearance has no bearing on his ability or qualifications to explain science to lay persons (or university classes), which he does quite well, although personally I find his presentations to be kind of slow and drawn out.I think this refers to "He's just a pretty face they put on TV . . ."
It sounds kinda disparaging to me. Maybe it wasn't intended as such, but it could come across that way.
The concept of publishers choosing a cover pic that they think will help sell books is foreign to you, huh?I can't help noticing Brian Cox fancies himself. His face appears on the front cover of both his books. 'the wonders of the universe' and' Human universe' And there are several full page pictures of him in both books which are entirely irrelevant to the subject matter.
At the end of the day this is what it all boils down to.Conjecture for why we don't have evidence is not evidence.
Ince taking the piss out of Cox's pretty boy looks and TV presenting style is a constant running gag on The Infinite Monkey Cage. He may not be quite the vain egomaniac you imagine.I can't help noticing Brian Cox fancies himself.
Cox's face is only relevant to those who are searching for a reason to imply that he is not a very capable scientist.Whether Cox's face is pretty or not is irrelevant. It is, however, recognizable and evocative—just as are the faces of Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Michio Kaku, and any number of famous science communicators. If Stephen Hawking can have his picture on his books, so can Cox.