• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's tax returns

Also, as Beelzebuddy says, to a strongman like Trump, this is one of those things can actually be damaging. Rather like him inspecting the bunker during the riots. Not "cultists turning their back on him" damaging, but another crack in the facade. A rather big one at that.
 
The New York and eventually federal prosecutors might. What I bet it shows is that Trump undervalued properties for tax purposes and overvalued them securing loans. So he likely committed bank and tax fraud.
Another potential legal problem...

Trump may have been paying his kids huge "consulting fees" (above the expected rate) which may be illegal since it avoids taxes surrounding the giving of gifts.

https://vancouversun.com/business/v...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
I hope so, but the gap is narrowing and I now think Trump will win regardless of these revelations.
It narrowed after the conventions. Then it steadied for a few weeks. The margin has increased ever so slightly in the past week. (From 6.8 to 7.2 per 538.)

(I check 538 multiple times a day. A sign of fear and/or pathos, take your pick.)
 
I gather that many, if not most, people in the US resent paying taxes (whereas in many other countries it's considered a civic duty), so the leader paying little tax may not be an issue for a lot of voters.

The first part is generally true. But I think they will resent Trump because it will piss so many more people off that he got away with paying less than they did. An impression of unfairness can go a long way.
 
Because if Trump had spent his entire term, all 4 years of it, 40 hours a week, shooting someone on 5th Ave every 2 minutes and 30 seconds non-stop... he still wouldn't have killed as many Americas as have died of COVID.
You lost me. I have no clue what your point is.

If you think no one cares that 200K people have died so far of COVID, I beg to differ.

If you are only talking about his core sycophants, that wasn't my point. Those people are not going to care about the NYT's exposé.

I'm addressing the naysayers who seem to think there is no significant constituent who will care about the NYT article.
 
He's getting millions from people wishing to garner favor from Trump.

I know he's a career grifter, but he really doesn't seem smart enough to be the brains behind it all, so it makes me wonder who's helping him run the show.

w we need a similar corruption disclosure about McConnell.

I've little doubt he's just as corrupt.
 
Tax returns? Meh.

If the New York Times can find out and provide proof of how much Trump has paid for porn star hooker centerfold underage Epstein victims extra-marital affair abortions over the years.... you'll see his voting base turn on him like a flock of vultures.

I’m not convinced that anything will turn his base.
Hell, I’m not convinced he’d lose points if it came out that killed a woman that he got pregnant.


Also, keep in mind that while folks around here can recognize legitimate evidence and can change their minds if presented with enough of it, we are a minority. The Forever Trump-ers tend to ignore evidence (or the lack thereof). So, when President Chucklehead yells, “FAKE NEWS” they will nod and say “fake news, fake news.”
 
It's an article of faith among the Republican faithful that all taxes are theft, and that they all go directly to welfare queens.
The net effect of this on the election will be bugger all.
Why do I feel that this will not cause the slightest ripple in his core support base (40%)?
Norm

See, these are examples of the comments I am talking about. From my reply to Joe:

If you are only talking about his core sycophants, that wasn't my point. Those people are not going to care about the NYT's exposé.

I'm addressing the naysayers who seem to think there is no significant constituent who will care about the NYT article.
 
Last edited:
Everybody has to pay taxes! Even businessmen, that rob and steal and cheat from people everyday, even they have to pay taxes!

 
Hopped on over to the conservative reddit. The defense appears to be that people in Trump's industry pay little in income tax and pay substantially more in other taxes.
 
Here is the defense/deflection of this story that you will begin to hear:

“Now let’s see all those people in congress!”

“He already told us he doesn’t pay taxes because he’s smart!”

“Look at any billionaire’s tax returns and I’ll bet you you’ll see the same thing. Let’s see Bill Gates’/Jeff Bezos’/George Soros’ returns!”

“Don’t blame Trump; blame the tax system that lets him do this.”

“The NYT is fake news and has been caught fabricating stories in the past.”
 
I know he's a career grifter, but he really doesn't seem smart enough to be the brains behind it all, so it makes me wonder who's helping him run the show.

I've little doubt he's just as corrupt.
He's not smart. That's what his record of business failures suggests. He is good at conning people and lying.
 
I wonder how many people who voted for Trump believing he was a successful businessman who would know how to run the US economy successfully will feel cheated?....
I think you have too much faith in the average Trump supporter. Think of the pro-gun people who deny he grabbed any guns with the bump stock ban by making them into 500,000 contraband machine guns that the public was forced to turn in, destroy or (in most cases I think) hide.

I think more Trump supporters would be more disappointed to find out that he doesn't actually sexually assault women as a perk of wealth than in anything about his taxes.

Ranb
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom