Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
**** me!
Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
$750? I pay more than ten times that much every year. I guess I'm just a sucker and a loser.
"Shows how smart he is" will be the mantra.
Three takeaways:
1) Trump pays zero in federal income taxes because he's smart.
2) No Russian collusion.
3) The NYT is a third-rate, dying paper. Who edited this story? Exact quote:
Sad!
Yeah, but then he's calling his own voters, most of whom pay more than $750 in taxes, stupid. He's called them stupid before, of course, but this time there's a dollar figure attached, and it's about an expense that infuriates them for having at all. This may turn out to be different.
I wish that to be true but will not hold my breath.
4) Benghazi
5) E-mails
Because if Trump had spent his entire term, all 4 years of it, 40 hours a week, shooting someone on 5th Ave every 2 minutes and 30 seconds non-stop... he still wouldn't have killed as many Americas as have died of COVID.
It's an article of faith among the Republican faithful that all taxes are theft, and that they all go directly to welfare queens.
The net effect of this on the election will be bugger all.
The fact that they are releasing this now tells me that they're sitting on even juicier stuff to release in the coming weeks. As, I'm sure, are other people.Tax returns? Meh.
If the New York Times can find out and provide proof of how much Trump has paid forporn starhookercenterfoldunderage Epstein victimsextra-marital affair abortions over the years.... you'll see his voting base turn on him like a flock of vultures.
I hope they are but there is no guarantee.The fact that they are releasing this now tells me that they're sitting on even juicier stuff to release in the coming weeks. As, I'm sure, are other people.
Media focus will stay on Trump, and it won't be good.
Why do I feel that this will not cause the slightest ripple in his core support base (40%)?