Under the SC-endorsed legal doctrine that anything Trump does while President is the same as anything he does as President. (But only Trump, mind you. That's obviously going to need re-thinking if and when a Democrat is elected to the office)I suppose the question is whether this was a personal act, or acting as the president in which case he has immunity. This leads to the interesting conclusion that the president can offer bribes and has immunity when doing so.
Jason Smith: When I was selected by my colleagues to chair the House Ways and Means Committee. I told them that we were done writing tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires… Our priority was going to the working class, men and women we represent in Washington. That's who we wrote the Working Families Tax Cuts Act for. If you don't believe me. Just ask yourself. How many billionaires do you know that are tipped employees?
Video in link
That would be never, if reality was to hold for most CEOs.With tips being tax free I can guarantee there are high priced tax accountants drawing up plans right now on how to declare some of their billionaire clients income as tips.
Hey I'm just a volunteer CEO. I don't get a salary but sometimes this multinational conglomerate tips me when I do good at my totally volunteer job.
Plus your snail farms which are strangling a vital US food industry.Beyond his bleating about Bombardier, the Trump admin has now outright banned several categories of product from Canada from even entering the US.
I don't want to go so far as to suggest list of products was poorly thought out but I'm not sure that banning Canadian tequila is going to have the intended effect. Hopefully he leaves our bustling coconut and avacado trade alone.
Did that Putrid Mango actually say he wants to pass a "No Invasion of Our Country" act? Like actually make invasion illegal? How does that work? Is some invading armada going to be rolling up to the coast and suddenly:
"Hey, what is that sign over there on the beach?"
"Dunno. Looks like it says 'Invasions prohibited by law'."
"Well, ◊◊◊◊! Ok, boys. Turn 'em around."
Abso ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ lutely.With tips being tax free I can guarantee there are high priced tax accountants drawing up plans right now on how to declare some of their billionaire clients income as tips.
Well, since it hasn't been open since they started implementing border patrols in the early 1900s, I guess I don't see the point. The bill name just cracked me up, however.It's stricter border policies, including making it impossible for future administrations to make changes to immigration policies.
![]()
Trump pushes new bill making it illegal for future presidents ‘to open the border again’
“We will make it legally impossible for any future president to destroy our country by having the right to open the border again.”nypost.com
And it seems to me if he can pass this bill, someone else can pass another bill that nullifies it. Unless they try to pass a constitutional amendment. So, I guess this is just as pointless as anything else he does.It's stricter border policies, including making it impossible for future administrations to make changes to immigration policies.
![]()
Trump pushes new bill making it illegal for future presidents ‘to open the border again’
“We will make it legally impossible for any future president to destroy our country by having the right to open the border again.”nypost.com
Republican Pat Fallon on Fox says that Trump isn’t saying he’s going to send everyone a $5,000 check if Republicans win the midterms. He says Trump is saying they will be in a position to send everyone a $5,000 check if Republicans win the midterms.
They'll get it from the tariff shelf, obvs.Well, he might want to confiscate the orange fool's iPhone because Trump is saying exactly that on social media with no caveat about having to generate the money first, somehow.
But D-Day was an invasion and you're specifically avoiding an invasion. You're only talking about economic sanctions. So that's clearly the wrong analogy. Try this one: How long was it from the US imposing its oil embargo on Imperial Japan to Pearl Harbor?