• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

The Constitution is the Constitution. The country’s name - in English - is "Ireland". It might not matter to you, but it does to us and we ask people to respect that.
Well let me ask. Do you refer to Northern Ireland as “ the six counties”, “Ulster” or “the North”? I know Irish people who do.

Oh, I also understand why your constitution is worded that way. The authors expected to regain Northern Ireland.

Don’t get me wrong. I couldn’t live in NI as my brief time there left me with the feeling that antagonism between Catholics and Protestants is just barely below the surface. But NI is not going anywhere. A unified Ireland will never happen.
 
Last edited:
The Historical figure who Trump really reminds me of is Henry the Eight in his last years of his reign...and that is one of worst things I could acccus a politician of being. Henry the Eight became a Monster, frankly. The Term "England's Caligula" is very fitting.

History has preserved the moments when he looked on as his poorly-prepared flagship projects heeled over and disappeared beneath the waves.
 
Ah. That's a conspiracy theory you-know-who hasn't done yet: Did Henry VIII go mad because he has syphilis, or is that just Catholic anti-reformation propaganda and the real problem with Henry was just that he was an utter ◊◊◊◊?

What we can be certain about is that Donald Trump does not suffer from an unhealed leg wound inflicted during a jousting tournament.
 
The Historical figure who Trump really reminds me of is Henry the Eight in his last years of his reign...and that is one of worst things I could acccus a politician of being. Henry the Eight became a Monster, frankly. The Term "England's Caligula" is very fitting.
I have Peter Ackroyd's books on medieval England and then on to the Tudors. I can read a good part of Elizabeth but then it gets to Henry VIII and I got bored. What was curious was that the kings and queens starting to build an enpire but barely left England and Elizabeth never left. The previous centuries there was a lot of invasion of France, led by the king.
 
Well let me ask. Do you refer to Northern Ireland as “ the six counties”, “Ulster” or “the North”? I know Irish people who do.

Oh, I also understand why your constitution is worded that way. The authors expected to regain Northern Ireland.

Don’t get me wrong. I couldn’t live in NI as my brief time there left me with the feeling that antagonism between Catholics and Protestants is just barely below the surface. But NI is not going anywhere. A unified Ireland will never happen.
I refer to it as Northern Ireland, because that’s its name.

Ireland has formally renounced any claim to the entire territory of the island of Ireland until such time as the will of the people of the island - mechanisms are still a little fuzzy - is for it to form a unitary state. As for when… never is a very long time.
 
"The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland."

In all international treaties and organisations (other than FIFA*) the country is known as either Éire or Ireland. It is more correct to call the UK Perfidious Albion than to call Ireland the "republic of".

*And then only to appease England's little bantustan FA in the occupied counties.
You'd better get the Republic of Ireland act repealed then. Now, I know it says the description of the country is "Republic of Ireland" not the name, but for you to affect to not know what the Republic of Ireland is is disingenuous.
 
w
Well let me ask. Do you refer to Northern Ireland as “ the six counties”, “Ulster” or “the North”? I know Irish people who do.

Oh, I also understand why your constitution is worded that way. The authors expected to regain Northern Ireland.

Don’t get me wrong. I couldn’t live in NI as my brief time there left me with the feeling that antagonism between Catholics and Protestants is just barely below the surface. But NI is not going anywhere. A unified Ireland will never happen.

Well, Ulster would be wrong.
The temporarily occupied counties are only a part of Ulster.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom