• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Angry Staff Officer
@pptsapper.bsky.social
It’s the 250th year of American independence, and the Pope and the King of England are reminding Americans of their revolutionary values, principles, and ideals

Somewhere, John Adams is confused as ◊◊◊◊
Speaking as an American, I have to say it's incredibly surreal to see the King of England* schooling American politicians on the proper functioning of a democracy.

*Yes, I'm perfectly aware of what exactly he's king of, but "King of England" is colloquial here.
 
Tim Scott: "Let me just say for the average person in the country -- President Trump loves you. Thank God almighty that President Trump understands the pain and misery of employees, independent contractors, and small businesses too."
Understands?
Causes. The word is causes.

Donald Trump made his living for years by screwing over small business, independent contractors, and employees. His billionaire buddies do and have done the same. The notion that Trump policies are good for business generally is rubbish. They're good for his business—and no one else's.
 
King Charles III has given Trump a dressing down in the way only an aristocrat can. The beautifully subtle digs and reminders were perfectly pitched to put a commoner in their place. I was no fan of Charles, till now.
 
King Charles III has given Trump a dressing down in the way only an aristocrat can. The beautifully subtle digs and reminders were perfectly pitched to put a commoner in their place. I was no fan of Charles, till now.
I think his speach writer deserves the praise (if he wrote the speach himself, then I'll happily praise C3R, it was an excellent speach, Carneyesque!)
 
Speaking as an American, I have to say it's incredibly surreal to see the King of England* schooling American politicians on the proper functioning of a democracy.

*Yes, I'm perfectly aware of what exactly he's king of, but "King of England" is colloquial here.
Keep in mind that in the latest Democracy index has the US listed as a 'flawed democracy' (and has been for years).

Meanwhile, Canada (another of King Chuckles' vassel states) is listed as a Full democracy, as is the United Kingdom.

 
King Charles III has given Trump a dressing down in the way only an aristocrat can. The beautifully subtle digs and reminders were perfectly pitched to put a commoner in their place. I was no fan of Charles, till now.
Besides, it's so delightfully schadenfröhlich to see digs that the intended target is too stupid to recognize.

Keep in mind that in the latest Democracy index has the US listed as a 'flawed democracy' (and has been for years).
I'm sure we'll achieve "failed democracy" before the Trump regime is over.
 
Last edited:
Donald Trump made his living for years by screwing over small business, independent contractors, and employees. His billionaire buddies do and have done the same. The notion that Trump policies are good for business generally is rubbish. They're good for his business—and no one else's.
They're often not even good for his.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom