• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Credit to you for surviving one of those places. I know men who were scarred for life.
I got lucky, went to secondary school in the 90s when the brothers were largely gone from education and the very worst behaviours were legislated out. It was also becoming known that there were some awful scandals in the church's recent past, so while society wasn't quite ready to break with catholicism, it was a lot more vigilant than previously.

That being said, my primary school principal was a sadistic little bastard to anybody he considered stupid.
 
Trump: The whole world is watching and they just can't believe what they're seeing.

Link
True. It is unbelievable.
Trump: Twice this past month, I've traveled to Dover Air Force Base, and it's been something. I was with them and their families. Every very single one of their loved ones, said, “please, sir, please finish the job.”

Link
I don't think those words meant what you think they meant.
 
Paula White compares Trump to Jesus during event with faith leaders: "You were betrayed and arrested and falsely accused. It's a familiar pattern that our Lord and Savior showed us. Because of His resurrection, you rose up."

Link
Notice she didn't name her saviour. That's because she wasn't talking about a brown skinned and dress wearing Palestinian, but an Austrian with a funny moustache.
 
SO according to Trump, the war is almost over. Guess the Iranian did not get the word.
I guess 'War Nearing Completion" is the new version of 'The Light At THe End Of The Tunnel" during Vietnam.
God, he is now just repeating the same crap over and over again..and except for the die hard MAGAS, it is not working.
 
" launching our Brave Astronauts farther into Deep Space than any human has EVER gone."...
Can someone smarter than me explain this? Is the Moon somehow farther away than it was 50 years ago?
Artemis's slingshot around the moon is expected to carry it slightly further beyond the moon than the furthest Apollo. I heard the difference was about 4,000 miles. I don't know what proportion of that is variation in earth-moon distance and what is distance beyond the back of the moon.
 
Trump: American involvement in WW1 lasted one year, seven months and five days. WW2 lasted for three years, eight months and 25 days. The Korean war lasted for three years, one month, and two days. The Vietnam war lasted for 19 years, five months, and 29 days. Iraq went on for eight years, eight months, and 28 days. We are in this military operation for 32 days. And the country has been eviscerated and essentially is really no longer a threat

Link
So why are you still there and where is all the oil and stuff people need?
 
Sending a message

Trump: When someone's nice to me, I love that person. Even if they're bad people. I couldn't care less. I’ll fight to the end for them

Link
 
So now Trump is comparing himself to Jesus.
I still cannot figure out with stuff like this, which to most orthodox Christians (orthdox with a small o) is pure blasphemy, Trump coninues to get such support from evangelicals.

To believe everything in the bible requires a certain mindset and an ability to turn off critical thinking. If you outsource your critical thinking, to a preacher it's easier. And that is good practice for an authoritarian mindset. It's comforting, because there's always a simple answer and everything is black and white.

If your preacher tells you that it's all part of the plan and that it's fine because the President is against really bad* things then you're halfway into the cult already.

Add in a bit of tribalism and I think it's a lot of the answer.
 
Trump mocks Macron - "I called up France, Macron, whose wife treats him extremely badly and he’s still recovering from the right to the jaw"

Link
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom