• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Thread tldr: the current US executive branch are a rat's nest of petty, vindictive, dictatorial and paranoid lying ◊◊◊◊◊, that are openly declaring their intent to weaponise powers that are not theirs to wield, while the supposedly 'co-equal' branches of government say 'golly, that's awful, but I guess there's nothing we can do about that, then', and/or invent new rules out of whole cloth that make the blatant corruption, flagrant illegality and shamelessly authoritarian power-grabs injudicable.

it would be funny if the US didn't have quite so many weapons of mass destruction at its disposal.
 
Last edited:
The US has turned into what it feared Iran would become --an authoritarian state led by religious fanatics, with a nuclear arsenal.
I dunno about that. When just about everything about their "religious" qualifications screams "Fakers!" I'm not so willing to say that. Rather, it's closer to the Republican Party being an organized crime syndicate with a nuclear arsenal as they're becoming more and more open about how criminal they are.
 
Watters is pathetic. I don't know how much he's paid for debasing himself so, but it must be an eye-wateringly vast amount of cash - more than you could spend in two lifetimes levels of nutso money.

Unless he is a true believer. That possibility may be even sadder.

"The Trump family is more attractive. I'm sorry. It's just the truth". FFS: even if true, 'our team is prettier than yours' is a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ sad argument - and remember, the Trump family includes the bloated, saggy, grease-painted, baggy-suited, unconvincingly becoiffed lump that is Trump himself. I wouldn't usually mention a persons looks in a political conversation, but Watters opened that door wide and welcomed everyone in because he is a moron, or he (very convincingly) plays one on TV.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, as someone else remarked, this is the first authoritarian regime to just embrace acting like little children. Or, worse than children. Usually dictators and their cronies try to come across as noble, serious, and dignified. But I guess when the Führer and cult leader is mentally five years old in every bad way I can think of, the rest of the Party has to follow suit. Sad.
 
Watters is pathetic. I don't know how much he's paid for debasing himself so, but it must be an eye-wateringly vast amount of cash - more than you could spend in two lifetimes levels of nutso money.

Unless he is a true believer. That possibility may be even sadder.

"The Trump family is more attractive. I'm sorry. It's just the truth". FFS: even if true, 'our team is prettier than yours' is a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ sad argument - and remember, the Trump family includes the bloated, saggy, grease-painted, unconvincingly becoiffed lump that is Trump himself. I wouldn't usually mention a persons looks in a political conversation, but Watters opened that door wide and welcomed everyone in, because he is a moron. Or he (very convincingly) plays one on TV.
Honestly? If one concludes that Watters is into corrupt old white men pretending to be nobility, the "Republicans are just better looking" passes muster at the politician level.
 
Honestly? If one concludes that Watters is into corrupt old white men pretending to be nobility, the "Republicans are just better looking" passes muster at the politician level.
But he didn't just say "Republicans are just better looking", he followed up by specifying that "The Trump family is more attractive."

Anyway, as I said before, 'our team is prettier than yours' is a ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ sad argument. I don't give a flying ◊◊◊◊ what a politician looks like, until they and/or their proxies start talking about what the opposition looks like.

ETA: I think I failed to explain myself clearly there. Let me try again:

1: I don't care what politicians look like. It is not (IMO) relevant to the job.

2: You know what? I'm too sleepy and/or pissed (uk version) to put together a coherent post about this. Long and the shotprt of it: the republicans that hold up Trump as a paragon of male beauty are either as deranged as he is, or lying through their teeth, but IT DOESN'T ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ MATTER ANYWAY. Being pretty wouldn't make any of what he and his gang of ◊◊◊◊◊ has done/is doing/want to do be any less catastrophically awful.

ETA2:Typos be damned, I think this is my position. I have adopted it.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom