• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Okay, it is evidence in that it certainly doesn't eliminate the claims people are making. It also all absurdly consistent with so many other positions it is practically worthless.

Notice that people are calling for an independent INVESTIGATION, not immediate impeachment or jailing.

Also, the FBI has a bunch of evidence that the Congressional Investigative Committees were in the process of negotiating access to when Comey was fired.

There is more than sufficient probable cause to justify a thorough investigation by an independent body. I'm not sure why you think the case needs to be fully proven right now.
 
Absolutely!

After all, please keep in mind that Trump is all about winning.

And the great thing about corporate America is that even when you* lose you* win. Ask Mitt Romney.

*Please note that the "you"s in that sentence may refer to different people...
 
Last edited:
Notice that people are calling for an independent INVESTIGATION, not immediate impeachment or jailing.

Also, the FBI has a bunch of evidence that the Congressional Investigative Committees were in the process of negotiating access to when Comey was fired.

There is more than sufficient probable cause to justify a thorough investigation by an independent body. I'm not sure why you think the case needs to be fully proven right now.

I agree there is sufficient evidence for an investigation. You are allowed to start the lowest level investigation on little more than a hunch and there is way more than that

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like the people I'm arguing with (Hercules, and others) simply see it as a question if there should be an investigation or not. I think they see it as a question of did or did not do it.
 
Not in the sense that the president couldn't have them fires without cause.


I'm not even sure the president couldn't fire a special prosecutor for any old reason. Constitutionally, it's supposed to be a gentlemen's agreement, but technically it's under the executive branch, by constitutional design, and the president can fire that person. The constitution does not authorize the legislative branch to interfere with a core executive branch power.

Probably would roll out like this:

President fires the new-and-improved-unfirable special prosecutor anyway.

Congress: "He can't fire this executive-branch underling!"

Pres: "Yes, I can. I am the head of the executive branch, and I enforce the laws."

Supreme Court: "He's right."

Congress: "Fine, let's start impeachment proceedings."

Prest: "I resign effective 3:33 AM tomorrow morning, after one last tweet."
 
Because key issues were not resolved. Like who ordered the stand down.

The problem with finding out who ordered the stand down is that no stand down was ordered. Even the House GOPers had to admit that in their reports...
 
I'm not even sure the president couldn't fire a special prosecutor for any old reason. Constitutionally, it's supposed to be a gentlemen's agreement, but technically it's under the executive branch, by constitutional design, and the president can fire that person. The constitution does not authorize the legislative branch to interfere with a core executive branch power.

Probably would roll out like this:

President fires the new-and-improved-unfirable special prosecutor anyway.

Congress: "He can't fire this executive-branch underling!"

Pres: "Yes, I can. I am the head of the executive branch, and I enforce the laws."

Supreme Court: "He's right."

Congress: "Fine, let's start impeachment proceedings."

Prest: "I resign effective 3:33 AM tomorrow morning, after one last tweet."

Under the special prosecutor act, the president couldn't fire the person.
 
Oh, by the way:


James Comey’s Testimony on Huma Abedin Forwarding Emails Was Inaccurate

He said she forwarded "hundreds of thousands" of classified e-mails to Weiner. It was only a small handful and only a couple of them may have contained classified information. This was testimony under oath.

This was last week, not months ago.

One misstatement in a hearing that was since corrected?

You can't seriously be buying this excuse can you?:eek:

Trump was giddy over Comey when all those Clinton actions occurred.
 
Great New Yorker piece on this:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...tacked-american-democracy?mbid=social_twitter

We haven't spent a lot of time discussing Sessions role in this, but holy **** - the guy had to recuse himself from the investigation because he lied to the Senate (I mean, misrepresented facts...) and he's the one supposedly justifying Comey's dismissal.

This whole thing stinks.

It's OK. The whole Sessions perjury think happened weeks ago and so has been completely forgotten - IIRC buried by Trump's claims that he was being bugged on Obama's orders.

It may stink but almost literally no-one seems to care :(
 
It's OK. The whole Sessions perjury think happened weeks ago and so has been completely forgotten - IIRC buried by Trump's claims that he was being bugged on Obama's orders.

It may stink but almost literally no-one seems to care :(

Quite a lot of people care. Just not Congress Republicans.

Maybe it's time to drain the swamp? For real this time.
 
It's OK. The whole Sessions perjury think happened weeks ago and so has been completely forgotten - IIRC buried by Trump's claims that he was being bugged on Obama's orders.

It may stink but almost literally no-one seems to care :(

It stinks but it's buried under a pile of crap, camouflageing the smell.
 
Quite a lot of people care. Just not Congress Republicans.

Maybe it's time to drain the swamp? For real this time.

Yeah, maybe I was going overboard there :o

IMO well over 50% of the electorate (I'd estimate 75%+) don't because either they simply don't care about "politics" and/or they are enthusiastic GOP/Trump supporters.

The news media don't really seem to care otherwise they'd be making a much bigger deal of things.
 
Maybe it doesn't actually matter. Legitimate grounds to dismiss him existed. But please elaborate the real reason as you see it.

Trump's letter was too thinly disguised to be credible. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

And in this case the technically correct interpretation of that quote applies:
Gertrude [the queen] says that Player Queen affirms so much as to lose credibility. Her vows are too elaborate, too artful, too insistent.

He couldn't even leave out the, "While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation." It's obvious he is being investigated. There have, just in the last few days, been calls from the Senate to investigate Trump's financial connections to Russia.

Blaming it on Clinton issues and thinking the Democrats would cheer is the epitome of stupidity.
 
Last edited:
...

Like I said, a gigantic hypocrite. But Democrats who were once calling for Comey to resign shouldn't forget that either.

We aren't. But Trump apparently thought we'd be so happy about Comey getting his due (IMO for breaking a longstanding protocol of not doing anything that might affect an election) that we wouldn't notice Trump's real reason. Why you are buying the faux reason defies the evidence and common sense.
 
Good morning. This morning Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, dismissed a question by a reporter with a sarcastic remark about the firing of Comey. I wonder if this firing, at this time, was done for "Entertainment" purposes like the most polite missile strike was on Syria was for the Chinese President was? Will they be having a big beautiful piece of chocolate cake when Trump meets with Sergey Lavrov?
 
We aren't. But Trump apparently thought we'd be so happy about Comey getting his due (IMO for breaking a longstanding protocol of not doing anything that might affect an election) that we wouldn't notice Trump's real reason. Why you are buying the faux reason defies the evidence and common sense.

Why do you think that isn't the real reason?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom