slyjoe
Illuminator
I've asked this before, and someone here answered it nicely, but I currently cannot locate the thread, so I'll ask again:
The time zone changes as the fighters fly over differing states, but if you're going the same distance in the same amount of time, how could the TZC affect how long the travel actually took? If it took the fighters, for example, 25 minutes from being scrambled to locating the Leerjet, how does the TZC extend the time of the intercept?
It doesn't extend the time. In "Loose Change", they claimed it took 21 minutes to intercept Payne Stewart's plane. The trouble was, the takeoff was noted in Eastern time, and the intercept in Central time. They forgot to add the time zone difference of 60 minutes; the intercept took 85 minutes.
Example: Plane contact lost at 09:33 EDT.
Interceptor intercepts plane at 09:54 CDT.
This is not 21 minutes as claimed, but 81 minutes.
Last edited:
