Which goes back to why Trump went on the attack and when he learned of what he went on the attack about. I'm quite willing to agree that it was probably a coincidence. With that said, though, as noted in articles like this one -
I would say that it's not outside the realm of plausibility, given the current limited information at hand, that the break in was done in hopes of finding blackmail to get Cummings to back off the subpoenas for relevant communications using private accounts by, for example, Kushner and Ivanka, that were not forwarded to government accounts within the legal time limit. After failure, then the rage tweets would have begun.
Again, I would definitely not bet money that that actually did happen, but with this group in office, I would be completely unsurprised if it did. Hence, I still stand behind suspicious, but definitely not something to go further with without hard evidence.
Mmm. If it were like ODS, it would be immediate declaration of guilt time.
Cummings was home when the break-in happened. He says he scared the person away before he got into the house area. He says nothing was taken.
You think someone hired to break into a high-profile politician's home to look for blackmail material would do it while the man is home? And that the information would be used in tweets by Trump just hours later?
It is definitely "outside the realm of plausibility". It's some deep conspiracy thinking.
Even after evidence is provided that shoots down the inside-job idea, that thought still lingers. It's okay we all do it here.