• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Sensitive Issue of Circumcision

If the operation was reversible then there wouldn't be any problem!

I disagree. The needless suffering of defenseless (and voiceless) infants is reason enough not to do it. The irreversibility is merely another reason not to.
 
"All women with warts are witches"

'I'm a woman, and I have a wart... I'm not a witch...'

"Wow, the neurosis is staggering! I'm a stranger to you. Why are you revealing personal information about yourself?!"

'? But... I'm a counterexample.'

"I don't care! Neurosis!"
 
I disagree. The needless suffering of defenseless (and voiceless) infants is reason enough not to do it. The irreversibility is merely another reason not to.

Err, obviously.

I am speaking of the magically painless, instantaneous, never-complication-causing, 100% safe version of the procedure -- you know, the one all the circ proponents seem to believe exists and is always used?

What I should have said is that if circumcision were fully reversible, then I might view infant circumcision proponents as possibly good people.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom