Carrot Flower King
Janitor of Lunacy
This is definitely the funniest thing which has happened all month, if not longer.
The Onion, the satirical news company that repeatedly spoofed conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, has won the bankruptcy auction for control over his media empire — most notably Infowars, the far-right, conspiracy-minded website that served as Jones’ primary online platform.
Jones announced the sale on X on Thursday morning.
“I just got word 15 minutes ago that my lawyers and folks met with the U.S. trustee over our bankruptcy this morning and they said they are shutting us down even without a court order this morning,” Jones said.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m going to be here until they come and turn the lights off,” he added.
The Onion plans to shutter Jones’ Infowars and rebuild the website featuring well-known internet humor writers and content creators, according to a person with knowledge of the sale. About an hour and a half after the announcement of the sale, Infowars' website was shut down.
No, it's the start of a new era.This needs to be merged with the Alex Jones thread.
I agree, there's no need to merge it.No, it's the start of a new era.
Yes, I see your point now.I agree, there's no need to merge it.
I agree, there's no need to merge it.
Onion CEO just said they're going to use it to go after to create a new world to after what Alex Jones created. He said that they have things cooked up.
And I can't wait!
"As for the vitamins and supplements, we are halting their sale immediately. Utilitarian logic dictates that if we can extend even one CEO’s life by 10 minutes, diluting these miracle elixirs for public consumption is an unethical waste. Instead, we plan to collect the entire stock of the InfoWars warehouses into a large vat and boil the contents down into a single candy bar–sized omnivitamin that one executive (I will not name names) may eat in order to increase his power and perhaps become immortal." -Global Tetrahedron
Ooooo--who is it gonna be?? Maybe Elon Musk??
And right on cue, Steve Bannon is saying there was a conspiracy to deny a winning bid from Roger Stone. You can't make this stuff up (except they do).