• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Official Alex Jones Thread!

Would his listeners have the money? Remember his programming was squarely pointed at those so desperate for money that they'd fall for get rich quick scams such as gold-buggery.


I think it partly depends on whether his supporters are smart enough and well-organized enough to form a syndicate to bid on the assets. That strikes me as unlikely, but not impossible. Also, sadly, Jones does have some wealthy supporters, plus there may be some people who don't agree with him, but recognize that putting him back on the air could be a good business opportunity.
 
I think it partly depends on whether his supporters are smart enough and well-organized enough to form a syndicate to bid on the assets. That strikes me as unlikely, but not impossible. Also, sadly, Jones does have some wealthy supporters, plus there may be some people who don't agree with him, but recognize that putting him back on the air could be a good business opportunity.

It might be a good business opportunity or it might be a disaster. If someone else buys Infowars, puts it back together, and hires Jones to continue business as usual, the doctrine of respondeat superior makes them liable for Jones' antics. All he has to do to sink them is broadcast one more Sandy Hook defamation that is substantially similar to the previous one, and they are on the hook for their own judgment. And that judgment will sail through the courts, since collateral estoppel prevents Jones from arguing the statements are not defamatory.

Alex Jones is toxic. The question is whether someone will consider that toxicity an acceptable risk in exchange for the revenue.
 
What is worth the most, currently, is the handle "Infowars", which is on websites and social media accounts.
Only one of jones' shadowy billionaire sugar daddies could buy that, and they might.
 
I think it partly depends on whether his supporters are smart enough and well-organized enough to form a syndicate to bid on the assets. That strikes me as unlikely, but not impossible. Also, sadly, Jones does have some wealthy supporters, plus there may be some people who don't agree with him, but recognize that putting him back on the air could be a good business opportunity.

If one of Jones' rich backers buys the Infowars assets, it'll be to bury them and to stop somebody else using them to expose Jones further. I can't see one of his rich backers keeping him on air at this stage, too risky.
 
I can't see one of his rich backers keeping him on air at this stage, too risky.


For certain values of "On the Air". It's clear that there's a lot of money in spreading right wing nonsense, and InfoWars has a long-established reputation within that industry. I could see some rich guy seeing this as an opportunity to get into this game for a relatively inexpensive investment.

The key is, if I were running this, I'd only let AJ do recorded episodes, and retain final say on what actually goes out to the viewers. That way, you can edit anything libelous. AJ will hate this, but what else could he do? It's not like anyone else would give him a job, and if he tries to create InfoWars 2.0, he just exposes himself to more liability.
 
It might be a good business opportunity or it might be a disaster. If someone else buys Infowars, puts it back together, and hires Jones to continue business as usual, the doctrine of respondeat superior makes them liable for Jones' antics. All he has to do to sink them is broadcast one more Sandy Hook defamation that is substantially similar to the previous one, and they are on the hook for their own judgment. And that judgment will sail through the courts, since collateral estoppel prevents Jones from arguing the statements are not defamatory.

Alex Jones is toxic. The question is whether someone will consider that toxicity an acceptable risk in exchange for the revenue.


I should have clarified that I didn't mean that just anyone who doesn't agree with Jones, but is willing to run the risk, might be a potential buyer/employer. I think it would take someone who's alt-right/conspiracist-adjacent, like Tucker Carlson.
 
I think someone should buy all of the rights to the Infowars IP and use it to put out non-stop parodies of right-wing politicians.

If I had money I'd buy the desk for the guys at Knowledge fight. The website would be a good one too.


Jones has long sucked up to Carlson, but now Carlson is kinda returning the favor so I would not be surprised if they have something up their sleeve
 
If I had money I'd buy the desk for the guys at Knowledge fight. The website would be a good one too.


Jones has long sucked up to Carlson, but now Carlson is kinda returning the favor so I would not be surprised if they have something up their sleeve

Carlson can see that Jones is about to go down, and is positioning himself to inherit the gold coin/dick pill crowd of Infowars.
 
The Onion has snapped up Infowars, sanctioned by the families of the Sandy Hook shooting, the production studio and diet supplement business.,
The Onion plans to relaunch Infowars in January as a parody of itself, he said, mocking “weird internet personalities” like Mr. Jones who traffic in misinformation and health supplements.
 

In order to make the bid work, a lawyer representing the families told CNN that the families “agreed to forgo a portion of their recovery to increase the overall value of the Onion’s bid, enabling its success”.

“After surviving unimaginable loss with courage and integrity, they rejected Jones’s hollow offers for allegedly more money if they would only let him stay on the air because doing so would have put other families in harm’s way,” said Chris Mattei, an attorney for the families.

In a post on social media earlier this week, Mattei added that “the breakup of Infowars this week is just the start of Alex Jones’s lesson in accountability” and that the families “will go after his future income and any new Infowars owner acting as a vehicle for Jones’s continued control of the business”.
 
OMG, this is hilarious. The unintentional parody site will now become the intentional parody site.

That's frikkin' beautiful. And it gets to screw over the work of one of the worst individuals I can think of without Godwining myself.

I'm now waiting to see how much of its former readership doesn't get the news and fails to recognize the change.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom