• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we are both right.

Given the thousands of Qanon nutters STILL in Dallas awaiting JFK's return, that is the same base of cranks she is getting donations from. And while she may be echoing Donny, plenty of other wingnuts are also. She just happens to be among the loudest, dumbest wingnuts vying for TV presence. Look at Mike Pillow! MTG has an uphill battle now retaining relevance. Half trick pony.

I am stuck with this one. Scheming witch or total airhead?
 
The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
They're certainly not idiots, and likely more educated and intelligent than an average Kardashian... and look how dangerously influential* they can be. [emoji15]


.

* I half kid, but I honestly don't condone the continuing trend toward entitlement behavior and being "famous for being famous" (see Paris Hilton).
But then again... I don't do Tiktok challenges. [emoji1]
 
They're certainly not idiots, and likely more educated and intelligent than an average Kardashian... and look how dangerously influential* they can be. [emoji15]


.

* I half kid, but I honestly don't condone the continuing trend toward entitlement behavior and being "famous for being famous" (see Paris Hilton).
But then again... I don't do Tiktok challenges. [emoji1]

That alone makes you more intelligent than many people.

If I never heard the name "Kardashian" again, it would be too soon.
 
They're certainly not idiots, and likely more educated and intelligent than an average Kardashian... and look how dangerously influential* they can be. [emoji15]


.

* I half kid, but I honestly don't condone the continuing trend toward entitlement behavior and being "famous for being famous" (see Paris Hilton).
But then again... I don't do Tiktok challenges. [emoji1]

As often, I beg to differ a little here. I think that we're know by what we do, and education and apparent brains notwithstanding, a person who sacrifices sense and decency for the adulation and votes of the gullible is an idiot. More complex, perhaps, that a Forrest Gump, but ultimately both stupider and more dangerous, and with no excuse.
 
As often, I beg to differ a little here. I think that we're know by what we do, and education and apparent brains notwithstanding, a person who sacrifices sense and decency for the adulation and votes of the gullible is an idiot. More complex, perhaps, that a Forrest Gump, but ultimately both stupider and more dangerous, and with no excuse.
You're using idiot colloquially and that's fine in context.
I think we agree they (Bobert, MTG, etc.) are actually dangerous for the current trends they represent. Despite any shift from concern to laughter, or the laughter dying out.... they're still dangerous.
IMO, of course.
Now .. may I interest anyone in our lovely Pod charcuterie? [emoji1]
 
You're using idiot colloquially and that's fine in context.
I think we agree they (Bobert, MTG, etc.) are actually dangerous for the current trends they represent. Despite any shift from concern to laughter, or the laughter dying out.... they're still dangerous.
IMO, of course.
Now .. may I interest anyone in our lovely Pod charcuterie? [emoji1]

I meant "idiot" in its true meaning. You can be educated and not know anything worth knowing, you can be holy without being good, and you can be clever without being intelligent. You can be just as dumb in a tuxedo as in a tee shirt, and if it takes a generation to realize how stupid you were, it doesn't make you formerly smart.
 
The problem with people like Boebert and MTG is that they start to lose their ability to be shocking after a while so have to ratchet it up a peg or two. There comes a point where even that doesn't shock or surprise anymore.

Boebert in that one speech said several offensive things that would normally be completely out of bounds for a member of the House:
  • Joe Biden was "this piece of crap in the White House."
  • Ilhan Omar was part of the "jihad squad."
  • The elevator / backpack story (which could get any one of us regular citizens detained in an airport or government building)
  • Pete Buttigieg was trying to "chestfeed" his twins.
  • “God bless Kyle Rittenhouse.”
  • Black Lives Matter are "domestic terrorists."

I fear that our society is losing tact.
 
I am stuck with this one. Scheming witch or total airhead?

Boebert in that one speech said several offensive things that would normally be completely out of bounds for a member of the House:
  • Joe Biden was "this piece of crap in the White House."
  • Ilhan Omar was part of the "jihad squad."
  • The elevator / backpack story (which could get any one of us regular citizens detained in an airport or government building)
  • Pete Buttigieg was trying to "chestfeed" his twins.
  • “God bless Kyle Rittenhouse.”
  • Black Lives Matter are "domestic terrorists."

I fear that our society is losing tact.
Low quality attention whore. VERY low quality. If it weren't for the cameras, she would be an irrelevant hillbilly loudmouth nobody from nowhere.
 
I am stuck with this one. Scheming witch or total airhead?
Total scheming airhead witch. ;)
The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Indeed.

There's such a thing as the cunning of the stupid. I understand that as an ability to navigate situations by being ignorant of or bypassing (usually unwritten) social or organisational rules. That does not necessarily equate to intelligence, just ignorance. Perhaps pigeon chess is an example, or Donny's golf cheating.

In the case of MTG, her ignorance revolves around decorum and honesty. The job of an elected member should be based on both of these unwritten rules. Decorum on the job and towards the electorate, and honesty in all public and private dealings. It goes towards being a valuable and contributing representative.

MTG has neither decorum nor honesty. It's her "brand"; she is not the only one. While she calls it "telling it like it is", her lack of honesty cost her the committee positions and relevance even inside her own party. Not even Mitch wants to work with her. Now she is being found to be involved in the 6-Jan insurrection, a situation most senior experienced Republicans would dearly like to see in the rear-view mirror but know that they are saddled with it while Trumpism holds sway. She can't get much more dishonest than to be involved, then lie that she was not, and then to be found out.

With no political skills beyond self-aggrandisement, MTG's continued indecorous attempts at public notoriety are rapidly costing her attention from the media. She's gotten boring. Even her outbursts in public are worthy of only a few chuckles. "Oh yeah. Her again. Boring."
 
Boebert in that one speech said several offensive things that would normally be completely out of bounds for a member of the House:
  • Joe Biden was "this piece of crap in the White House."
  • Ilhan Omar was part of the "jihad squad."
  • The elevator / backpack story (which could get any one of us regular citizens detained in an airport or government building)
  • Pete Buttigieg was trying to "chestfeed" his twins.
  • “God bless Kyle Rittenhouse.”
  • Black Lives Matter are "domestic terrorists."

I fear that our society is losing tact.

There was a time when the party leaders/senior members would never have put up with this kind of behavior, especially from loudmouthed, attention-seeking newbies. But now? Not only do they do or say nothing about it, when other members do call them out, the party leaders run to the fools' defense.

Just when I think the GOP couldn't get any more crazy and disgusting, they keep stepping it up to another level.
 
Boebert in that one speech said several offensive things that would normally be completely out of bounds for a member of the House:
  • Joe Biden was "this piece of crap in the White House."
  • Ilhan Omar was part of the "jihad squad."
  • The elevator / backpack story (which could get any one of us regular citizens detained in an airport or government building)
  • Pete Buttigieg was trying to "chestfeed" his twins.
  • “God bless Kyle Rittenhouse.”
  • Black Lives Matter are "domestic terrorists."

I fear that our society is losing tact.

What is offensive about her comment on Rittenhouse?
 
Rittenhouse did nothing Heroic worthy of Recognition, he didn't go to the protest to protect Human Life and If he hadn't been there two people would still be Alive.

I don't find her comment offensive at all. I don't want to get too far into the Rittenhouse case, but he was found not guilty of all charges. And a Christian saying "God bless him" is really no big deal.

Certainly there is plenty of legitimate criticism to lob at her, but this isn't one of those cases, imo.
 
Rittenhouse did nothing Heroic worthy of Recognition, he didn't go to the protest to protect Human Life and If he hadn't been there two people would still be Alive.

That sounds a lot like blaming the victim. If.he wasn't lawfully there he wouldn't have been attacked?
 
I don't find her comment offensive at all. I don't want to get too far into the Rittenhouse case, but he was found not guilty of all charges. And a Christian saying "God bless him" is really no big deal.

Certainly there is plenty of legitimate criticism to lob at her, but this isn't one of those cases, imo.

Earlier this week, you whined about posters who said they wouldn't mourn if someone died of natural causes.

Now you are defending someone who is praising a person who killed others.

We all know tour duplicity, but at some point, you may see it yourself.
 
That sounds a lot like blaming the victim. If.he wasn't lawfully there he wouldn't have been attacked?

Were you there the Law does not allow for deadly force to be used to Protect Property the fact he was found not Guilty in Criminal Court only means the Prosecution wasn't able to prove it wasn't self defense. A Jury in a Civil Lawsuit isn't held to such High standards and might find him responsible based on the same evidence and Ruin his life forever with q multimillion dollar verdict.
Either way he wasn't there to protect Life just Property.
Sad state of affairs when that becomes the values of Christians.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom