Yes, those lawmakers are livin' like Jesus I tell ya (except for the non-Christian ones)!
They have to claim to be religious to get elected in this stupid country. A belief in nonsense is a requirement.
It would make for an interesting study to determine in which nations a professed practice of religion is a requirement for the highest office or offices. I suspect the bulk would be classed theocracies or developing. Most of the developed, 'western' democracies certainly place much less emphasis on religion's role in the State, putting in practice one of Democracy's necessary tenets, that there be a clear separation.
The US is warped in this regard. I mean, the WH hosts 'prayer breakfasts'. And in a really twisted conjoining, Trump had that whackadoodle, Paula White, as the Administration's 'spiritual advisor.' A goddamned clown show, this backwards, primitive, and ultimately hypocritical adherence to a Sky Daddy they claim is shepherding the anointed Chosen among nations, to placate the decidedly non-Christian 'Christians' who chafe for Gilead.
