• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The explosive racial question Osaka asked Japan

Graham2001

Graduate Poster
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
1,771
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.



Naomi Osaka was not just the first Japanese player to win the US Open and the Australian Open, and in doing to the first to become world No.1.

She was also the first of Haitian descent.

Osaka, 21, is proudly biracial but having chosen to represent Japan, she flies the flag of a nation historically dedicated to racial purity.


https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/the-explosive-racial-question-osaka-asked-japan/ar-BBSM69Q?li=AAgfLCP
 
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.






https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/the-explosive-racial-question-osaka-asked-japan/ar-BBSM69Q?li=AAgfLCP

Sorry, what is the question?

Also, racism is held by people with “the white gene”?

If you mean, are some Japanese racist, then yes. Yes, they are. I think you find racists in pretty much any culture and any country. I think that racism does have some evolutionary basis, but the basis is essentially a predisposition to sort people into in groups and out groups.
 
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.






https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/the-explosive-racial-question-osaka-asked-japan/ar-BBSM69Q?li=AAgfLCP

People are saying, are they?

You want to discuss the obvious and well-known racism, xenophobia, and jingoistic nationalism in Asia? Or you want this as a gotcha to your imaginary friends?

Angrysoba's already opined on the topic of Japan. I can cover a whole other large part of Asia. Chinese are notoriously racist. The Thais, ditto. Singapore and Malaysia split apart from the Malay Federation because of race. Indonesia seems to rotate which minority they're going to pick on and Myanmar is the current global poster boy for genocide.

So what are those some people saying? Who are they and where do they get their information other than Mama's Basement Theory of Internet Sociology Volume I?
 
Sorry, what is the question?

Also, racism is held by people with “the white gene”?

If you mean, are some Japanese racist, then yes. Yes, they are. I think you find racists in pretty much any culture and any country. I think that racism does have some evolutionary basis, but the basis is essentially a predisposition to sort people into in groups and out groups.

^^ This

I'm not the brainiest person in the world as you can probably tell by my pathetic attempts at posts, but think it is fundamentally an evolutionary human fear of those that are different, or outside the group/pack/tribe/...

A broad human thing, no matter what the colour

Probably completely wrong though.
 
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/the-explosive-racial-question-osaka-asked-japan/ar-BBSM69Q?li=AAgfLCP


The people who say racism is inherent to whites, or whatever are missing their target. They are often the victims of racism and I get the point they're trying to make, and they should restrict that point to their experiences in the U.S. or whatever western country, but it may come across really unrefined and rough around the edges.

Of course racism isn't restricted to whites.
 
Only the far left believe that whites and whites alone are racist. White people are, IMO, the least racist group on the planet, by a considerable margin.
 
This thread title keeps goofing me up. I clicked here the first time to find out what/why there was a racial problem between the City of Osaka and the rest of Japan. Now I've read the story, and know what it means, but, my poor little mouse powered brain continues to have issues everytime I see it. I wish it included her first name at least, and maybe something about tennis...
 
This thread title keeps goofing me up. I clicked here the first time to find out what/why there was a racial problem between the City of Osaka and the rest of Japan. Now I've read the story, and know what it means, but, my poor little mouse powered brain continues to have issues everytime I see it. I wish it included her first name at least, and maybe something about tennis...

I'm less worried about which cities are asking and more worried about the implication that some races might be explosive. I guess a DNA mutation can lead to heritable gelignite characteristics? Or are we talking nuclear fission-- did someone evolve a way to metabolize uranium and pass it down to their descendents? This could be a serious problem and we ought to develop genetic screening to make sure nobody ends up with an exploding baby. Well, more explosive than babies usually are, anyway. They all explode from both ends but it's usually not nuclear. Unless someone's fed them beans.
 
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.

So you've encountered extraordinarily stupid leftists? Here's a suggestion: Don't try to follow their logic because that is not what guides them.
 
Only the far left believe that whites and whites alone are racist. White people are, IMO, the least racist group on the planet, by a considerable margin.

Depends how you group the groups.

If you use American/Western form filler checkboxes to divide the world you're doing it wrong.

I would just observe racism by country or ethnic group.
 
Only the far left believe that whites and whites alone are racist. White people are, IMO, the least racist group on the planet, by a considerable margin.

You believe that whether people are racist or not is determined by their race? And those in the "white race" (such as you and me) are among the "best" on the planet in at least this trait, by being the least racist?

Hmmm... Have you thought the implications of that through fully?
 
Last edited:
Depends how you group the groups.

If you use American/Western form filler checkboxes to divide the world you're doing it wrong.

I would just observe racism by country or ethnic group.

OK, if you want to do it that way. You'll find that the least racist countries, as denoted by human rights metrics, tolerance and acceptance of different cultures, charitable giving, etc. are white majority. And I know, you're going to post something about Trump and his immigrant-hostile policies, but before you do I ask you to consider comparing the US with China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Egypt, Chad, Iran, Mexico. the list goes on. The only real turds in the cream are Russia and South Africa.

You believe that whether people are racist or not is determined by their race?

I'm more concerned with behaviour as opposed to genetics, which is not a significant influence in this area.

YAnd those in the "white race" (such as you and me) are among the "best" on the planet in at least this trait, being the least racist?

Yes.

Hmmm... Have you thought that through fully?

Yes.
 
Given that I have encountered people who hold that racism is an inherent trait linked to the 'white gene', I wonder how they can explain this since it involves a mixture of the 'peoples of color'.






https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/the-explosive-racial-question-osaka-asked-japan/ar-BBSM69Q?li=AAgfLCP

These unnamed "people" who you "have encountered" don't need to explain the citation because they started off identifying themselves as incredibly stupid when they referred to the "white" gene. My advice is to pay no attention to them because they have the IQ of a newt (and are unlikely to get any better).

IMO bothering to cite and refute such ignorant opinions is as silly as bothering to cite and refute the views of strawmen. In my experience both, thankfully, are rare.
 
OK, if you want to do it that way. You'll find that the least racist countries, as denoted by human rights metrics, tolerance and acceptance of different cultures, charitable giving, etc. are white majority. And I know, you're going to post something about Trump and his immigrant-hostile policies, but before you do I ask you to consider comparing the US with China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Egypt, Chad, Iran, Mexico. the list goes on. The only real turds in the cream are Russia and South Africa.



I'm more concerned with behaviour as opposed to genetics, which is not a significant influence in this area.



Yes.



Yes.

Okay, glad you thought it through! I don't share your view but I am particularly proud of my modesty instead!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom