• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

[Split]Moon hoaxes - split from: Mars Voyage too Soon?

Proof? You just had the fortunate opportunity to hear from someone who was there when it was happening so you're doubting could be taken by me to be an insult to my sincerity or to my sanity. However, you are well mannered so I do not take you wrongly.

Again, with great respect, what part if 'it' did you actually witness? Were you standing on the Moon witnessing the critical part?

Where do you get gasoline for your car? It comes from oil, right? Oil comes from the ground, right? I've stood right next where oil was being drilled and watched gases come out of the ground and be detected electronically. I've seen gas and oil be produced out of the ground. But just because I was there, I have to tell you I have absolutely no proof that there was no conspiracy to fake me out. There could have been a pipe fed in to the system from below the ground. Some people could have gone to great expense to have made me think that oil comes from the ground. I might actually be a big-time sucker ... a real fool. I believe oil comes from the ground yet I have no proof!

But I have no reason to believe otherwise. I realize it would cost more money to fake me out than to just drill for the oil and get it -- unless oil really comes from somewhere else. Maybe gasoline is really made by fusing CH4 that evaporates from trees! It could happen! ..... NOT!

I don't recall anybody suggesting that oil comes from anywhere other than the ground, and having presented evidence to back up their claims. Do you?

If you cannot evaluate the scientific argument already available on the internet, you are not sufficiently savvy to come to your own conclusion. Therefore, you will have to rely on experts and witnesses. That's your only choice when you are not endowed with the required resources to determine for yourself (...pure fact and I regret it may come across as insulting).

I have reached my own conclusion, for the time being (which I expressed earlier). It's just different from your own. Don't worry, I don't feel insulted in the slightest.

One thing I think I remember about ALSEP though from thirty plus years ago, was that we shined a laser from earth to the moon and got back a signal from ALSEP. That is proof it is there to those who worked on ALSEP project. You might believe that ALSEP (which is a fairly small box) was dropped from moon orbit or jettisoned from Earth and it softly landed somehow on the moon, if you don't believe it was carefully put in place by US astronauts -- I don't know what you need for proof.

Well if a lunar module can land 'softly' I'm sure an ALSEP package can!

But I imagine it has been a waste of my time to have presented you with a little bit here. You will believe what you wish. Have you ever visited the USA? Perhaps you need proof that the USA exists!

It's not a waste of time at all, but what you've posted isn't sufficient to sway me any. Actually, I haven't visited the USA, but I do believe it exists. Put it this way, I haven't noticed anybody presenting any evidence to suggest otherwise. Have you?!
 
{snip} Put it this way, I haven't noticed anybody presenting any evidence to suggest otherwise, have you?!
The question, I think, is both the quantity and quality of the evidence being presented against.

There is mountains of circumstantial and secondary evidence that exists to support that man landed on the moon. All the scientific documentation, engineering documentation, the astronaut's mission reports and debriefing. The thousands of people involved and thier personal experiances. The moon rocks and soil, film and photographs from the lunar surface.
The video from the lunar rovers that ventured several miles from the landing sites in subsequent missions. (that would have been one huge studio) The scientific equipment left behind. The films, videos and documentries made during the development of the equipment and systems by all the universities and corporations involved, The micrometeroid and radiation damage done to the EVA suits. The reluctant congradulations and silence of the Russians concerining the space race. Russia abandoning thier Lunar landing efforts. The telemtry data recieved and recorded by all the communication sites around the world. (including Australia. They even made a movie about an incident {The Dish} that happened at the Australian site during the Apollo 11 mission. All the telemetry recieved covering the historic first step was relayed by the Australian site).

Hundreds of engineers, scientists, technicians, corporate executives, college professors, employees or soviet spies all keeping silent. Not one slip up or whistle blower come forth in this time of conspiracy thoeries and "soldiers" who have come forth about UFO's to blow the lid on the biggest hoax in history.

And you dismiss all that because of one photograph (or one book) that someone made some "calculations" from? And he may very well may be mistaken at that.
What kind of evidence is that in comparison? What does that say about how you come to your beliefs?
 
Last edited:
Again, with great respect, what part if 'it' did you actually witness? Were you standing on the Moon witnessing the critical part?

I don't recall anybody suggesting that oil comes from anywhere other than the ground, and having presented evidence to back up their claims. Do you?

I have reached my own conclusion, for the time being (which I expressed earlier). It's just different from your own. Don't worry, I don't feel insulted in the slightest.

Well if a lunar module can land 'softly' I'm sure an ALSEP package can!

It's not a waste of time at all, but what you've posted here isn't sufficient to sway me any. Actually, I haven't visited the USA, but I do believe it exists. Put it this way, I haven't noticed anybody presenting any evidence to suggest otherwise, have you?!
I suggested the silliness about non-existence of the USA and so on because I illustrate that you accept many things without proof. Do you mean that if a crazy person suggested USA does not exist, you'd give it credence? The "evidence" I saw against man walking on moon could be dismissed very easily if you have a skeptical scientific mind.

Let me ask you... do you think you could have worked in the space program and been fooled to the extent that you believe that I was fooled? If you don't believe I was fooled, you must believe I am part of the conspiracy. Which is it: I was duped; I conspire; or is there a third option?:confused:
 
With great respect, I hope you will understand when I say that what you've written here, and in your Post #144, offers absolutely no proof, certainly to a lay-person, that man has actually walked on the Moon, UNLESS, of course, it can be shown without any doubt that the ALSEP packages could only be transmitting data from the surface of the Moon or that there are indeed redundant ALSEP packages sitting on the surface of the Moon, AND that it would be impossible to deploy the ALSEP packages from an un-manned mission. Can those all be shown, without any doubt, to be the case?
The ALSEP experiments were specifically designed to be transported aboard the LM and deployed by hand. Each of the five (A12, 14, 15, 16, 17) ALSEPs required removal from the LM, removal of the heat source from its transportation cask, carrying to the deployment site, and unpacking, connecting, arming, fueling of the generator, and deployment of individual experiments up to tens of meters from the central station - some configurations spanned roughly the length of a (U.S.) football field. Collectively, these operations required dexterity and mobility beyond the capability of robotics of the day. In any case, the deployment process was diligently rehearsed, documented, and photographed during the actual deployments.

If you wish to propose that the ALSEPs could have been robotically deployed, it is incumbent upon you to provide the following:
- specific evidence of a technology that could have deployed the systems on the Moon, or evidence of an entirely different set of ALSEPs that could have been deployed with the robotics of the day;
- evidence that the photodocumentation of the actual deployments was faked;
- specific evidence of a secret program of construction, integration, and launch of the separate spacecraft which took the "real" ALSEPs to the Moon.
If you cannot provide such evidence, there is no reason to entertain such a notion; it's simply wishful thinking.


As for whether "ALSEP packages could only be transmitting data from the surface of the Moon": the signals from the ALSEP units were collected from tracking stations worldwide, including Spain, Chile, and Australia. Such signals cannot be faked by orbiting spacecraft. As for whether there are "indeed redundant ALSEP packages sitting on the surface of the Moon", signals were collected from five different ALSEP units, which are distinguishable by telemetry identification, pointing angles on the receiving antenna, and unique downlink frequencies.

If you wish to dispute that such signals were actually received, you must provide specific evidence that the station operators faked getting telemetry from the Moon for roughly eight years - the time from the first deployment of the A12 ALSEP in late '69 to the time all five were shut down in late '77. (That does not include the brief operation of the solar-powered A11 EASEP, which only lasted a few weeks.) You would also need to explain in reasonable detail why the international scientific community has accepted the ALSEP data as genuine, and provide specific evidence for a program to fake ALSEP data for 8 years, and explain why not one of the personnel involved in fake ALSEP development and operations has blown the whistle. If you cannot, the historical and scientific record stands as the only reasonable - and supported - explanation.


Is any of this "proof"? I've participated in such arguments before. There's no absolute proof, even if I flew you to the Moon and drove you around the ALSEPs. I could have planted them there right before our voyage (and made them "look old"); everyone connected with the program could have been lying, all the selenologists and astrophysicists who looked at the data could be incompetent and/or lying, there could have been a secret program to build alternate ALSEPs and launch them without anybody noticing, we could have gone decades without anybody blowing the whistle - even in their wills; all the personnel at the tracking stations could have been lying all this time, etc.

It boils down to how committed you are to keeping your doubt about the subject alive. Frankly, I can't prove to you that I exist. But the issue isn't whether five ALSEP systems were deployed by hand on the Moon "without a doubt". It's whether this can be shown beyond a reasonable doubt. I've given you ways in which you can indeed demonstrate a reasonable doubt, but if you wish to do so you have a lot of work to do.

Reverting to your Post #144, I find your comment regarding heavy nuclei bombardment very interesting:

This phenomenon (or general radiation, if different) was certainly cited in Dark Moon as: "one of the biggest show stoppers in mankind's exploration of the Universe" (as apparently quoted by an 'expert' at the Defence and Research Agency, UK). I'd be interested to hear your take on the implications of his phenomenon, not in relation to a potential manned mission to Mars, but in relation to the Apollo lunar landings.

Not addressed to me, but I hope you don't mind me chiming in.

Cosmic radiation was a relatively minor factor for the short-duration Apollo missions. It's damaging, certainly, but the amounts received during roughly two weeks in space were tolerable. (Airline crew received enhanced CR doses, too - at lower rates but over longer durations than Apollo crews.) Similarly for the charged-particle dosages received during the very brief transits through the Van Allen belts. (Shuttle and ISS crews routinely transit a low-hanging bit of the VABs, but the intensities are lower and the shielding generally better.) The real radiation threat to Apollo missions came from solar proton events (SPEs) generated during solar "storms". The protection against these was in part statistical (i.e., there was a low probability of a significant event during a mission) and in part operational (upon detection of an event, the crew would retreat to the CM and place the SM between the crew module and the Sun).

And part of it came down to the fact that people were simply willing to take a certain amount of risk for what was perceived to be an enormous gain (yes, I share that perception). That particular approach won't work for a Mars mission, because the much longer durations make the occurrence of major SPEs a virtual certainty during the mission. Better (read: more mass and more $$$) shielding will be a requirement.
 
Last edited:
Hang on a second Corsair. You've asked a very leading question (which I've responded to, albeit indirectly for the reason given therein), to which I can only assume you believe you know the answer. As such, it seems not unreasonable to me that you should provide that answer, which should, if conclusive, clear up in an instant this whole matter of your wishing to dispel my skepticism.
It is you who are skeptical of the evidence available, so it is up to you to demonstrate why the available evidence is not sufficient and/or believable. I merely gave you another line of inquiry — ALSEP — for you to pursue.

Since you said you were not familiar with it, then it only seems appropriate for you to find out more about it so you can then speak as to whether you find it credible evidence of the moon landings.

I would have thought it clear that my position is that there is no doubt of the authenticity of the moon landings. Indeed, that's why I mentioned ALSEP in the first place, as another item of rock-solid proof.

I don't quite follow your thinking that I should research the subject so that I may then post my analysis for you and others to critique. If the information that you're suggesting I should discover constitutes conclusive evidence that man walked on the moon, why on Earth(!) would you, and others, wish to critique it.
Because I want to know if you'd accept ALSEP as definitive evidence. If you don't, then I want to hear your justifications for not accepting it, and then a discussion can be had as to the merits of your justifications.

Seems straightforward and simple enough to me.
 
It is you who are skeptical of the evidence available, so it is up to you to demonstrate why the available evidence is not sufficient and/or believable. I merely gave you another line of inquiry — ALSEP — for you to pursue.

So what 'available evidence' do you have to offer? Imagine a defence lawyer during cross-examination standing up in court, confessing he has no evidence for the defence (other than "He didn't do it, your Honour, honestly!"), and proposing that the prosecution team go dig up the evidence for the defence and seek to discredit it!

I've never heard of such a ludicrous approach to this kind of debate Corsair. If you're prepared to posit an 'item of rock-solid proof' that man walked on the moon, then please spare us the 'discovery' time and provide it. Put up or shut up!

Since you said you were not familiar with it, then it only seems appropriate for you to find out more about it so you can then speak as to whether you find it credible evidence of the moon landings.

If it's 'rock-solid' proof, as you suggest, please present the case that led to your conviction. It must, obviously, be compelling.

I would have thought it clear that my position is that there is no doubt of the authenticity of the moon landings. Indeed, that's why I mentioned ALSEP in the first place, as another item of rock-solid proof.

Indeed.

Because I want to know if you'd accept ALSEP as definitive evidence. If you don't, then I want to hear your justifications for not accepting it, and then a discussion can be had as to the merits of your justifications.

Present the evidence then we'll see if I 'accept' it.

Seems straightforward and simple enough to me.

Doesn't it just!
 
For those who are insistent on rehashing idiotic Moon Hoax topics, your posts are off-topic, you are in the wrong sub-forum, and your posts will be reported. No further warnings. This thread is about future Mars explorations, not paranoia.

I think the fact that 91 of the 107 posts (85%, including all three of yours!!!) made on this thread since the subject of the faked Apollo landings was raised relate to 'Moon Hoax topics' is a good indication of the now predominant subject matter of this thread, and where most participants' interests really lie!
 
So what 'available evidence' do you have to offer?
I gave you something to research. Am I to do all your work for you?

Imagine a defence lawyer during cross-examination standing up in court, confessing he has no evidence for the defence (other than "He didn't do it, your Honour, honestly!"), and proposing that the prosecution team go dig up the evidence for the defence and seek to discredit it!
Let me quote what you said in post #152 (emphasis added):

I think you might have asked this before. I'm not familiar with ALSEP, and I haven't had chance to look into this yet, but the key questions I'll be asking myself when I do are...
This quote clearly indicates that you intend to research the subject yourself. Are you now saying you are not going to look into the subject yourself?

I've never heard of such a ludicrous approach to this kind of debate Corsair. If you're prepared to posit an 'item of rock-solid proof' that man walked on the moon, then please spare us the 'discovery' time and provide it.
See above. You acknowledged you weren't familiar with the subject, and after researching it yourself then you would comment further.

Again, am I to do your research for you?

If it's 'rock-solid' proof, as you suggest, please present the case that led to your conviction. It must, obviously, be compelling.
See prior responses. Examine the available data for yourself and then tell us whether it is convincing or not. I don't feel like having to do your research for you.

Present the evidence then we'll see if I 'accept' it.
See prior responses. I've given you the line of inquiry, it's up to you to pursue it. Why should I do your research for you? I'm not the only poster here who has at least some knowledge of what ALSEP was, so it's not as if this information is secret or otherwise unobtainable. Since it is you who are unfamiliar with it, then why don't you do what you said you would do and research it for yourself? There's plenty of information on it, you shouldn't have much trouble finding it at the library or on the internet.

Once more, why should I do your research for you when you explicitly said you would research the subject for yourself?

Lastly, while there are a number of folks here who can debunk the idea that the moon landings were faked, if you want a really in-depth discussion of the subject from some very knowledgeable folks then I suggest you head over to the message boards here and here.
 
Last edited:
I think the fact that 91 of the 107 posts (85%, including all three of yours!!!) made on this thread since the subject of the faked Apollo landings was raised relate to 'Moon Hoax topics' is a good indication of the now predominant subject matter of this thread, and where most participants' interests really lie!
Most participants should do their lying in another thread, where their lies wouldn't be off-topic.
 
I gave you something to research. Am I to do all your work for you?

Let me quote what you said in post #152 (emphasis added):

This quote clearly indicates that you intend to research the subject yourself. Are you now saying you are not going to look into the subject yourself?

See above. You acknowledged you weren't familiar with the subject, and after researching it yourself then you would comment further.

Again, am I to do your research for you?

See prior responses. Examine the available data for yourself and then tell us whether it is convincing or not. I don't feel like having to do your research for you.

See prior responses. I've given you the line of inquiry, it's up to you to pursue it. Why should I do your research for you? I'm not the only poster here who has at least some knowledge of what ALSEP was, so it's not as if this information is secret or otherwise unobtainable. Since it is you who are unfamiliar with it, then why don't you do what you said you would do and research it for yourself? There's plenty of information on it, you shouldn't have much trouble finding it at the library or on the internet.

Once more, why should I do your research for you when you explicitly said you would research the subject for yourself?

Lastly, while there are a number of folks here who can debunk the idea that the moon landings were faked, if you want a really in-depth discussion of the subject from some very knowledgeable folks then I suggest you head over to the message boards here and here.


Ordinarily, I'd agree that the burden of proof could be argued to be on me, as I'm the one harbouring the doubts. Accordingly, I might go do the research. However, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO POSED A LEADING QUESTION IN A CONTEXT THAT STRONGLY SUGGESTS THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE POSSIBLE ANSWER (quote: "simple question:"):
Simple question: how did the ALSEP packages get onto the Moon if not by the Apollo astronauts?

Do you see the difference?

This isn't about doing research, as you're suggesting, it's about putting your money where your mouth is, essentially. Where's the sense in my spending time looking for an explanation to something when you, seemingly, already have it? If you don't post your explanation (evidence) in response to this post and simply repeat your suggestion that I go do some research, I will be left to draw the only logical conclusion: You cited ALSEP as proof that man walked on the Moon, but now, having been challenged to put up or shut up, you've realized that you were a little hasty, and that what you inferred by referring to ALSEP proves no such thing.

Here's another courtroom analogy to what you're suggesting here:

Judge: So, what does the defence have to say on this matter?
Defence: Well, your Honour, the accused was not at the scene of the crime at the time the crime was committed!
Judge: Oh really, can you prove that?
Defence: Oh yes, your honour, for sure. We have a witness who was actually with the defendant at the time who can vouch for his whereabouts!
Judge: That's very interesting. So will you be calling this witness?
Defence: Oh no, I don't think so. We thought we'd just leave it for the prosecution to go find him!
Judge: Ugh?! :boggled:
 
Posts split from original thread at this point. From here on I expect the bickering to stop, and the thread to stay on (new) topic.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: chillzero
 
Allow me to summarize my position, in the context of the foregoing, based on what I've written earlier in the thread:
  • Evidence has been presented by various people that identifies seeming anomalies in some of the Apollo records and data. Some of that evidence seems valid.
  • Such evidence has been challenged and refuted by various people. Much of the refutation relies on study and analysis of a far lesser degree than the original evidence presented, or is refuted on theoretical grounds only.

I'm not really up to speed on the Apollo theories, but this stood out as a rather strange juxtaposition. Are you suggesting that a refutation based on a very simple analysis is necessarily of lesser value than a highly complex argument presenting an anomaly? I would argue that the reverse is more commonly true. The fact that a long and complex argument needs to be constructed in order to present the possibility of an anomaly seems to be a weakness of the case being presented, and when that anomaly can be simply explained with a minimum of effort it would seem to be rather convincingly exposed as sophistry.

Dave
 
Southwind17, I will only be available to explain the errors in Groves analysis for 2 more days, that is about 48 hours from this moment. If you plan to PM it to me, or post it on your website and link to it, or present it for comment in any other way, and don't do it soon, then you will have to wait for my comment until the end of next week when I'm available again.

I don't mean to rush you at all. I just think that you should know this, so that you are not confused by my silence, should you decide to make the analysis accessible during my forum break.
 
This isn't about doing research, as you're suggesting, it's about putting your money where your mouth is, essentially. Where's the sense in my spending time looking for an explanation to something when you, seemingly, already have it? If you don't post your explanation (evidence) in response to this post and simply repeat your suggestion that I go do some research, I will be left to draw the only logical conclusion: You cited ALSEP as proof that man walked on the Moon, but now, having been challenged to put up or shut up, you've realized that you were a little hasty, and that what you inferred by referring to ALSEP proves no such thing.

Not at all - If you go and research what ALSEP was, how it was designed, how it had to be deployed and its current usage - then there is no burden of proof on anyone for the conclussion you draw. If we sit here and give you those answers and you dont like the outcome, then you can respond by say either prove it - or I dont believe you. In all a net gain of nothing

If the topic really means that much to you - you should be very keen to explore this issue. If for no other reason than to find the weakness in the arguement to support your supposition
 
One thing moon walk deniers cannot answer is, why didn't the Soviets fake it?

It's a shame that these fantastic pictures are claimed by so many people to be fake.

amoon2nd1.jpg


amoonmoon4.jpg


amoonmoon2.jpg


amoonmoon.jpg


Now, here they are very far away from Earth. Past the Belts and near the moon. It would be sort of silly to come this far then chicken out no?
 
I think the fact that 91 of the 107 posts (85%, including all three of yours!!!) made on this thread since the subject of the faked Apollo landings was raised relate to 'Moon Hoax topics' is a good indication of the now predominant subject matter of this thread, and where most participants' interests really lie!
My interest is the exploration and development of space. I posted in the original thread about the challenges of manned Mars exploration before the "hoax" issue came up, and I also replied some "hoax" comments of yours in post #85. It's still not clear to me whether your doubts are based on real concerns with the evidence or more on epistemological grounds.
 
I make no apologies for not being as gullible as you.

You think that accepting a mountain of evidence is being gullible ?

I can only surmise from your post that you were lying when you said you were NOT unconvinced and that I had quoted you out of context. It's evident now that you think we never went to the moon. So your opening gambit was far from being honest.

Just like a CTer.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom