• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

So what form does the resistance take?

It probably worth noting that Americans even have a concept of "collateral damage" about civilians. Most every other country wouldn't give two craps about killing non-combatants.
There are three countries currently actively killing civilians under pretext of war - USA, Russia, Israel.
 
There are three countries currently actively killing civilians under pretext of war - USA, Russia, Israel.
You think that doesn't happen in the other wars in the world? You think Iran hasn't killed civilians since the war began?

I agree with you that the idea that pretty much only the US cares about civilian casualties is laughable, though.
 
You think that doesn't happen in the other wars in the world? You think Iran hasn't killed civilians since the war began?

I agree with you that the idea that pretty much only the US cares about civilian casualties is laughable, though.
I stand corrected - 4 countries. And I did say "currently".
 
You think that doesn't happen in the other wars in the world? You think Iran hasn't killed civilians since the war began?

I agree with you that the idea that pretty much only the US cares about civilian casualties is laughable, though.
Seems to me that nobody cares about civilian casualties these days.

Except for civilians.
 
There are three countries currently actively killing civilians under pretext of war - USA, Russia, Israel.
Whilst Russia may be a bad guy, and certainly has committed war crimes, targeting civilians doesn't seem to be true.
According to Crawford, while civilians accounted for 80 percent of the fatalities in the Gaza war and 26 percent in the War in Afghanistan, only four percent of those killed in Ukraine were civilians.

Iran also seems to be avoiding mass civilian deaths, although it is reported that US government employees have been rehoused in hotels since bases have come under attack, using tourists as human shields, Iran has not targeted hotels where they are staying.
 
Whilst Russia may be a bad guy, and certainly has committed war crimes, targeting civilians doesn't seem to be true.


Iran also seems to be avoiding mass civilian deaths, although it is reported that US government employees have been rehoused in hotels since bases have come under attack, using tourists as human shields, Iran has not targeted hotels where they are staying.
Your word targeting and my word killing have different meanings.
 
Whilst Russia may be a bad guy, and certainly has committed war crimes, targeting civilians doesn't seem to be true.


Iran also seems to be avoiding mass civilian deaths, although it is reported that US government employees have been rehoused in hotels since bases have come under attack, using tourists as human shields, Iran has not targeted hotels where they are staying.
That doesn’t sound like Trump. (my bolding)
“I have just read a News Report that Hamas has moved the hostages above ground to use them as human shields against Israel’s ground offensive,” Trump writes on his social media network, Truth Social.

“I hope the Leaders of Hamas know what they’re getting into if they do such a thing. This is a human atrocity, the likes of which few people have ever seen before.
 
Your word targeting and my word killing have different meanings.
You would claim that Russia targets civilians but only manages to kill 4%, whilst Israel doesn't target civilians but mananges to kill 80%? What is the point you are making?
 
Catchy country song from Bette Midler & friends:
ALL YOU FASCISTS (Bound to Lose) (Bette Midler on YouTube, April 24, 2026 – 2:30 min.)
You know I've been around a long time, but I have never lived through what we are living through now. The great Woody Guthrie wrote this song many years ago. I changed some of the words to fit our times, and I hope you'll sing it when you are marching. Because sometimes people, sometimes you just gotta SING OUT!
 
'We can do it': Bernie Sanders lays out a plan to take on billionaire power (MS NOW on YouTube, July 3, 2026 – 9:18 min.)
Sen. Bernie Sanders: “We can do it, but we're not going to do it with the crew that's in Washington right now. We need a political revolution. It's beginning to happen, and I feel confident about what you're going to be seeing in the next few months.”


The video shows an interesting poll:
Billionaires, Corporate Landlords, and AI Companies Are Seen As Among the Worst Actors in U.S. Society (Data for Progress, July 2, 2026)
Data for Progress conducted two surveys to evaluate how 40 different actors are impacting the U.S. economy and society.
Top 10: #1 billionaires, #2 corporate landlords, #3 sports gambling marketplaces,#4 AI companies, #5 cryptocurrency companies, #6 payday loan companies, #7 the Republican Party, #8 social media companies, #9 the Democratic Party, #10 for-profit universities

All "40 different actors" are mentioned and ranked. See them in the link above.
Bernie and AOC seem to have gotten through to Americans!
However, there are groups I would have liked to see included as options: MAGA, immigrants, Antifa, pedophiles, trans athletes ...

I'm surprised that health insurance companies (#15) aren't higher on the list, but all in all, people don't seem to like the Epstein class. Bernie and AOC seem to have got through to Americans.
 
MAGA, immigrants, and antifa (these days known as "communists") should have been included, but I don't think that pedophiles, and trans athletes are generally regarded as impacting the U.S. economy enough to warrant their inclusion in the list.
 
MAGA, immigrants, and antifa (these days known as "communists") should have been included, but I don't think that pedophiles, and trans athletes are generally regarded as impacting the U.S. economy enough to warrant their inclusion in the list.
I expect antifa and communists have precisely zero effect on the US economy.

Who does have a big effect on the US economy are poor decisions by self-enriching plutocratic thieves, all the tech bros trading boatloads of virtual coin to get even richer, and all those vital industry components that have been blockaded by pointless bombings and sea-lane closures by brick-brained flexing beta bros calling out the military for biblical reasons.
 
"I expect antifa and communists have precisely zero effect on the US economy."

Um, maybe. Esp
I expect antifa and communists have precisely zero effect on the US economy.

Who does have a big effect on the US economy are poor decisions by self-enriching plutocratic thieves, all the tech bros trading boatloads of virtual coin to get even richer, and all those vital industry components that have been blockaded by pointless bombings and sea-lane closures by brick-brained flexing beta bros calling out the military for biblical reasons.
"I expect antifa and communists have precisely zero effect on the US economy."

Maybe. "...precisely zero effect..." is a generalizaion that needs support.
 
Last edited:
I expect antifa and communists have precisely zero effect on the US economy.
The survey was about perceived effect not actual effect. In the GOP view, communist propaganda and sabotage is ruining the fantastic economy that Trump has created after the deepest recession under Biden that the world has ever seen.
I think that even MAGA don't think that trans athletes have any effect on the U.S. economy. Pedophiles likewise — at least not in their capacity as pedophiles.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom