• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Slow Internet Connection to randi.org

Some routers are configured to ignore ICMP ECHO packets. what you perceive to be problem when pinging those routes is actually the router ignoring those packets. I have examined the timing tab in neotrace for every non responsive router in that path above. and in every case. they did not lose some of the packets. they lost all but the first trace. therefore i can assume those routers are set to ignore ICMP ECHO packets.


http://www.codeidol.com/csharp/csharp-network/ICMP/The-TraceRoute.cs-Program/


I hear what you are saying and am about reaching my limit of understanding :D.

However, when I PING xe-1-1-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net (the mode that is showing the packet loss via MTR), I get a result like:
----xe-1-1-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net PING Statistics----
85 packets transmitted, 39 packets received, 54% packet loss
round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 150/167/210


Which seems to indicate a packet loss at that location. If it was just timing out, I could believe that it was ignoring all my pings and not returning any response to my ECHO requests.

I've tried using tracerte and web-based remote PINGs and must say that the results are
uninterpretable with my layman's knowledge. :(
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom