• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Skeptics vs. Knowers/Believers

I did.

'I' was not airborne for my sighting.

and you also werent a trained pilot, or someone used to aerial phenomena, the pilot in that case was and he got it wrong.

When you claim to have seen your sighting, you were a kid and you were drunk and it was right about the same time that the X files released an episode that showed exactly what you later claimed to have seen

just a coincedence huh
:p
 
Prove it.

Pictures? Maybe a video? Wait, those too could be faked.

I am sorry, you COULD be mis-remembering. It happens all the time.

So, the skeptical community has no choice but to conclude first, that you are wrong, and second that because you have no verifiable proof of these black bata scouts, that anything you say is now fictional.

You don't even have feet, do you?

Skepticism is fun.

You can't recall...?

Does this mean that you had no shoes in the 7th grade?

So recall/no recall>ridicule?
 
Skeptics: 1214 - Knowers/Believers: 0​

This is not looking too good for the knowers/believers, is it?

Even the cheerleaders are throwing themselves on their swords. This team is toast!!/football announcer off
 
Well, that would depend on their proximity to me...

But they seemed to traverse about 1/4 to 1/8 of the sky in 2-3 seconds...

Admittedly, that is a very rough estimate.

By "1/4 to 1/8 of the sky" did you mean left to right? Because attached is a guesstimate as to the portion of the sky you could see out of your windshield, and it only includes about 1/4 of the sky in total. That radius would basically extend from the ground in front of you up to around 45-50 degrees, from your windshield to a couple of million light years away.

Did the objects ever move out of your view due to height?

How did you rule out that there might have appeared to be a lot more objects above and behind you, and you were only seeing some of them?
 

Attachments

  • bitchincamaro.JPG
    bitchincamaro.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
Thank you Cuddles.

You just made the exact argument I've been suggesting that skeptics make, but you did so in an own and forthright manner.

Skeptics claim that memories are fallible, and this fallibility means that someone 'could be wrong'. Then when they ARE wrong, even minimally, skeptics use that as an opportunity to say that EVERYTHING in you memory is flawed. The conclusion? NO ONE is capable of remembering ANYTHING!!!

And now you are calling me a liar???

Hey Cuddles: "** **** ********!"

Is this what you meant?

Hey Cuddles: "** **** ********!"


Assuming you were trying to demonstrate your colored lights/stars.
 
...

Did the objects ever move out of your view due to height?

How did you rule out that there might have appeared to be a lot more objects above and behind you, and you were only seeing some of them?

GREAT graphic by the way...

Indeed, the objects DID move in and out of my driver's seat perspective.

I leaned forward in my seat and also looked out my side window to expand my view.
 
Even the cheerleaders are throwing themselves on their swords. This team is toast!!/football announcer off


It looks like I made a mistake calculating the score on that one, or maybe some number of posts got moved out of the thread, but the current score is...

Skeptics: 972 - Knowers/Believers: 0​

I 'd like this thread to consist of "who's winning" the debate...

The skeptics/debunkers or those who believe/know they saw 'something' that wasn't a man-made and a human piloted craft.


So who's winning the debate? The skeptics, hands down. The knowers/believers haven't scored a single point.
 
"Memories aren't real."

...unless you have evidence of them...

This is where skeptics hang their hat. ONE inconsistency, even if EXPECTED, means that NO ONE's recollections are reliable.

While this may well be the standard of proof in a court of law, or in the heads of skeptics, but real world application of the principle would be hazardous.

If you see a car get stranded on a set of train tracks, then you see the car get obliterated by the train. Your brain records the event "car on tracks + train = BAD".

The next day, YOUR car is stranded on the tracks, and the train is coming. Your memory of the 'green' car on the tracks is flawed. It was really blue. But the memory tells you, "Get off the tracks, because bad stuff will happen if you don't."

Skepticism says that because of everyone's flawed memory, that no memory can be trusted, ESPECIALLY if it has already been proven to be faulty.

So, disregard the flawed memory, it wasn't real.

In the real world, people don't have this luxury. In the real world people have eyes, ears, and the rest of their senses to record the world in which they live. They use these memories to navigate through this world. While mistakes DO happen, they aren't happening EVERY TIME.

People can and DO remember things, if not 100% accurately. They use these memories successfully, daily.

NO ONE in their right mind demands scientific proof of something before they accept its existence, to do so, would put your very life in danger.

So, in the imaginary world of skepticism, you may well hold that memories, especially flawed ones, are useless. Just stay inside, and away from fire, sharp objects, or anything else that represents sincere danger.

Then again, I'll wager that skeptics DON'T apply this same standard of proof to their daily lives...because it is dangerous and would leave them incapable of successfully navigating this world.

Ignore your senses and your memory of this world at your peril.

most people do not have to see a car get hit by a train to know that 50 ton train>1 ton car = bad.
 
most people do not have to see a car get hit by a train to know that 50 ton train>1 ton car = bad.

Indeed. And most people use their senses and memory to successfully navigate their world w/o requiring verifiable proof of everything they encounter.

The point, is disregarding one's senses is dangerous.
 
Yes, the pilot at Campeche was able to avoid flying into the oil well fires.
Even though those oil well fires were maneuvering around his plane and keeping pace with him at the same altitude he was flying... It's way beyond the ability of humans to fly oil well fires in such a manner. :D
 
Because I'd seen their products at work...

No. You've seen something that you believe was their product at work.

Stop assuming your conclusion.

What in this world, appears as "airborn star-like objects that make right angle turns while maintaining a constant speed, and can meld together with other similar objects to make 4-fold larger versions of themselves"...?

If you can produce anything 'Terrestrial' with these qualities/capabilities, I'll dispense with the "Extra" tag.

I don't need to. What part of "your senses and memory are not perfect" do you not understand?

Indeed. And most people use their senses and memory to successfully navigate their world w/o requiring verifiable proof of everything they encounter.

On the contrary. It's simply that the proof - or, at least, the evidence - is available without any real effort. The example of seeing a car coming while standing in the street illustrates this rather nicely.
 
No. You've seen something that you believe was their product at work.

Stop assuming your conclusion.

I don't need to. What part of "your senses and memory are not perfect" do you not understand?

On the contrary. It's simply that the proof - or, at least, the evidence - is available without any real effort. The example of seeing a car coming while standing in the street illustrates this rather nicely.

I don't 'believe' I saw anything. I conclude that what I saw was non-human in origin.

What does stop assuming one's conclusion even mean?

I trust my senses and reasoning skills to operate and fully function in my environment. Having never failed me to my detriment or those around me, I will continue to trust them.

SEEING a car coming is not evidence of it, according to skeptics. I think it is. I would move, and I think skeptics would too. Meaning that skeptics are only applying this super-standard, in things they wish to be skeptical about. Application of the skeptical standard in daily life would be hazardous.
 
I don't 'believe' I saw anything. I conclude that what I saw was non-human in origin.

What does stop assuming one's conclusion even mean?

I trust my senses and reasoning skills to operate and fully function in my environment. Having never failed me to my detriment or those around me, I will continue to trust them.

snip
You did see lights in the night sky. The conclusion that this were piloted crafts of any kind is an unjustified jump of unlogic. Your environment consists of known objects. Jumping to conclusion about unknown light sources is not common sense - it's the signature of the true believer.
You didn't come to your believe trough reasoning, therefore all our arguments have been and will be futile. Your believe is bullet-proof.
Your examples of historical arts and myths have been completly discredited by Marduk and you still use it.
You are simple unable to let a dear believe slip und confuse this with knowing the TRUTH.
Good luck with that attitude.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom