I think that this is what does happen in general (and what I think has happened in the UK), I am in fact taking a moral stance.
I can't wait for an explanation of the bolded part.
I think that this is what does happen in general (and what I think has happened in the UK), I am in fact taking a moral stance.
I can't wait for an explanation of the bolded part.
there seems to be some sort of political or philosophical objection to their helping out those who they perceive as having failed to take adequate steps to protect themselves.
Not at all. But there's a difference between giving freely of your own money to help out those in need and taking from someone else to give to those in need.
So you object to being forced to give money to help those in need?
Is that wrong, and if so how?
Did the government set a uniform percentage? When I lived in Germany (1993-95), the percentages differed between insurers. E.g., the "Techniker Krankenkasse" (an insurer for people with technical professions) asked a lower percentage than most local-based insurers.
How many of those people are foreigners here illegally?
And how many of the rest get "free" medical services at Emergency Rooms?
And, in for the win, just why is California broke now?
Hey Rolfe, Question for you, how bad is your country's debt due to all your free ponies. Without health care we in the US have a 12 trillion debt not including our obligation to SS and medicare about 50 trillion the Chinese own us how about you?
How many of those people are foreigners here illegally?
And how many of the rest get "free" medical services at Emergency Rooms?
And, in for the win, just why is California broke now?
Hey Rolfe, Question for you, how bad is your country's debt due to all your free ponies. Without health care we in the US have a 12 trillion debt not including our obligation to SS and medicare about 50 trillion the Chinese own us how about you?
1. The freedom to buy whatever medical services I want from whomever I want whenever I want without interference from the US government bureaucrats.
2. The freedom to not have my assets confiscated to pay for the medical service requirements of foreigners here illegally.
The only reason to do any payments through taxation is to force other people to pay. So no, I didn't miss anything.