• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

September Stundie Nominations

Once again, C7 demonstrates twoofer logic:

There are no other CDs that fall at FFA to my knowledge, but every CD is unique and apparently they needed to achieve FFA for ~100 feet to get the job done.

So, no CDs fall at FFA, but CDs need to achieve FFA for 100 feet to get the job done, i.e, there has never been any CDs.
 
No, you've missed his point. He's saying that the fact that it didn't behave like a CD proves that it was a CD because all CD's are different. He's not saying that there are no CD's; he is, in effect, saying that every event that has ever happened is a CD.

Dave
 
No, you've missed his point. He's saying that the fact that it didn't behave like a CD proves that it was a CD because all CD's are different. He's not saying that there are no CD's; he is, in effect, saying that every event that has ever happened is a CD.

Dave

Ah, I see now. I wasn't thinking twoofy enough.

Cheers.
 
Charles Norrie is at it again.

Charles said:
I am not going to abandon my theory and I get increasing coverage according to Google search every time I mention it. Now up to 1190 according to my scoring system.

The CIA know, I hope that if they do anything to me directly, my friends and supporters will immediately spot it. So the CIA has to sit there like the sitting duck, while the blows come raining down.


Charles is coming up a lot more in his Google search because he recently joined JREF forum and posted about his theory. He's currently on suspension though, so he'll have to wait till Friday to continue the campaign here.

The concept of the CIA sitting there like a sitting duck while Charles's fantasy-theory rains blows on them is moderately hilarious.

As is his interpretation of what his libel lawyer said about his article.

I had my theory checked by a libel lawyer, who said Mr Bush would not dignify my theory by suing me!


In the same link as above, another poster remarks on this advice.

Blogiston said:
and like your legal adviser (so brutally) advised....


And we find out why Charles seems to be boasting about this assessment, even though we're all laughing about it.

Charles said:
The point is, Blogiston that Bush would not dignify it, not because it was wrong, because any attack on it would be considered by rational observers (which interestingly do not seem to include you ) to conclude that it was true.


That's probably two nominations for the price of one. Oh, sort it out any way you like!

Rolfe.
 
I have very occasionally heard the word pronounced GNAT-zee or na-zee (rhymes with "snazzy"), but mostly I hear it correctly (American imitation of the standard German pronunciation).



I first heard it pronounced "Natsy" in the Johnny Weissmuller movie Tarzan Triumphs.

At 6:30 and around 7:15 in this clip, as well as other places in the movie, he clearly says "Natsy" several times.

Tarzan
 
Last edited:
It is pronounced "natsy" where I come from. I don't know how else you'd pronounce it.

Rolfe.
 
It is pronounced "natsy" where I come from. I don't know how else you'd pronounce it.

Rolfe.
wiktionary lists 2 pronunciations, "natsy" with the A pronounced like "cat" and "notsy" with the A pronounced with an ah sound like "father"

ive always pronounced it "notsy" which is also how ive always heard national pronounced in german (although my experience is limited to high german, it may be different in low german)
 
Last edited:
wiktionary lists 2 pronunciations, "natsy" with the A pronounced like "cat" and "notsy" with the A pronounced with an ah sound like "father"

ive always pronounced it "notsy" which is also how ive always heard national pronounced in german (although my experience is limited to high german, it may be different in low german)


It's just an accent thing. If you said to me, the "a" is pronounced like in "father", that would come out "natsy" to me.

Rolfe.
 
There isn't much activity of any type on that forum. "Mirage Memories" cross-posting stuff from JREF has provided much of the recent content.

ETA - the follow up to that comment was pretty funny.

Miragememories said:
Snicker. Hey MM, I went over there a couple of days ago.

They are up to five posts a day! Good for you.
It is quality and not quantity that counts.

MM
 
Last edited:
I nominate Bill Thompson for the following post:
What? Nawwww. Do you have any links? No joke posts, please. If it was true, the activist judge ruling would not have made the news.

I faxed every Senator in the United States a letter showing that this would lead to law suits. In combat, the military could be sued if they thought favoritisim was given to someone who was gay or someone was not gay when someone would be picked to go to a dangerous mission in a squad or if someone was not picked etc. It is unavoidable. Ii also told them about my blog on arguemax.com where I challenge anyone to put their money where their mouth (no pun) is. No one has. No one has because when you require someone to first pay a buck, it requires them to pause and think if the opposing view is valid. It is not. I win. I win because no one has stood up to disagree with me and this is because I am right.

The Senate knows about my web site. They read it. If someone could post a convincing counter-argument, it would be read by the decision making party that could make a difference. No one does because I am correct.
 
Its been a while since I nom'd anyone but the following really caught me and I thought all here would 'enjoy' it.
Its from the comments to a cbc.ca story about the possibility that a new telescope could detect volcanoes on planets around nearby stars.
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/09/10/telecope-volcanoes-study.html#socialcomments

DennisRegan wrote:Posted 2010/09/10
at 12:56 PM ET


We should develop a sulphur=sucker to enable us to travel to the volcano. By directing the sulphur towards the ship, it could then be burned, providing the fuel needed. A sulphur magnet would be needed before starting, but then, it's all systems go!

Yes, yes first we develop a phenomena that preferentially attracts only sulphur the way magnetism attracts,,, ummm, you know, some metals, then we make it more directional than a laser beam and also develop a way of not ending up with any elemental sulphur in the intervening 10 light years glomming onto our space ship:eek:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom