BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left
I will be supporting him.
Your thoughts?
Your thoughts?
I like Bernie. I think he's been a good voice for Vermont, but I don't think he stands a chance in hell of actually being nominated, and I certainly hope he does not get an attack of ego and run as a third party candidate. I do, however, hope that he gets a fair amount of support and wakes up some Democrats and gets them excited. My guess is that he has no real hope of winning, but some of influencing the platform.
I'd support him if I thought he could win in the general election. But I think that Hillary stands a much better chance at making sure that a Republican isn't elected than a self described socialist. And the truth of the matter is that there is literally nothing more important than making sure the GOP doesn't take the White House.
What we need is a guy who can get Democrats (and Republicans, too) to start thinking third party. Quit seeing a third party candidate simply as someone who will hopefully split the other party's vote.
Get some new blood in there. The old blood is getting stale.
Bernie Sanders has even less chance at becoming President by running as an independant than he does as a Democrat. Certainly, it is far more likely that he would split the vote enough to ensure that the Republican wins.
And that's what's wrong with politics today.
The simple fact of the matter is that she is much better than any Republican and stands a much better chance at beating whichever of them wins the nomination than Bernie does and so supporting her is the rational thing to do.
So?
You vote for/support someone based on who they are, not who they aren't.
At least, you're supposed to. Ben's doing this, therefore much respect to him as far as I'm concerned.
And Hillary Clinton is someone who is much closer to me policy wise than any Republican AND someone that stands a much better chance of being elected than Bernie Sanders. That's simple how it is.
See post #12.
Later, dude.
So?
You vote for/support someone based on who they are, not who they aren't.
At least, you're supposed to. Ben's doing this, therefore much respect to him as far as I'm concerned.
And that's what's wrong with politics today.
That's a nice idealistic world. We don't live in that world.
Supposing a third party candidate actually did win, would things really get better?