Paul Holland
Scholar
- Joined
- Sep 15, 2014
- Messages
- 105
Unless I've had a rough night and stumbled through the lakeshore on my way home.
Removing double post.
Try not to let the water get above your ankles, Squatchy.
Unless I've had a rough night and stumbled through the lakeshore on my way home.
Removing double post.
Show me the University funded studies. Show me the Government sponsored expeditions.
http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop42.jpg
http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop50.jpg
I forgot to link the two pics. The first has something in it, the second is the comparison pic. It was taken the next day and something is missing.
Chris B.
I think you must have forgotten so I quoted the post you made prior to mine regarding the pics.
As I have asserted previously, the pics were taken during sightings. They are a poor visual representation of what I and others saw at those times. The pics are not represented as scientific proof that Bigfoot exists they are represented as my failed attempt to relay what the witness(es) saw.
The pics and video in question were taken during multi-witness encounters. (That means I'm not the only one that saw them.)
Show me the University funded studies. Show me the Government sponsored expeditions. All you have shown are privately funded individuals who with the exception of Tom Slick I believe, all had sightings prior to their field studies.
Note about Tom Slick: I'm not sure whether Tom Slick had a yeti sighting or not prior to his investigation. I've not gotten into his background very deep as he was mainly searching for the yeti in Tibet.
I do have use of both eyes so yes, I see everything around me when I look around. That's a strange question? But why would anyone consider that ridicule?
Oh, now I see. To deflect your statement away from ridicule you neglected to add the subject above and so added here. Well, now it's ridicule. See how that works? But of course you do, it was designed that way.
Well anyway, if you get within 51 feet do what you need to do. I take it you mean to kill one from your implication. Go for it. I'd suggest a 50 BMG at distance and at least a 44 magnum for close quarters. Don't forget to remove the head and take with you. After you drop the first one, you may wanna look around real good, real often, during the trip out.
I've not presented any evidence to defend at this point.
I wouldn't exactly say dmaker's posts were unfair or overflowing with ridicule. There are one or two others that seemed to agree the pics were not of any quality to determine what was shown. I have maintained the same opinion that they are of too poor quality for reasonable discussion.
The attempt made by others here is for me to defend those pics as evidence of Bigfoot when they're not presented as such. The pics were taken during 2 different encounters and due to the image quality, do not visually represent what was witnessed by all members present. They do represent the encounter but the subjects are poorly defined. Chris B
ChrisBFRPKY said:The first part of your post was already answered from my posts quoted below.
ChrisBFRPKY said:Regarding my opinion or research on Giganto, that info is not for discussion until a body or bone is collected. After which my info and findings will be available for review.
ChrisBFRPKY said:For the above quotes without comment. I suppose you missed these prior posts so I've added them here to answer your comment. I realize some may rather cherry pick posts in order to participate in ridicule but it would be much more helpful if you took the time to actually read the thread. By responding in such a manner you only demonstrate your eagerness to ridicule instead of any reasonable attempt at discussion. Chris B.
Dinwar said:You and I both know that what's happening here is NICE compared to what either of us would go through. I would flat-out lose my job if I made an argument as poorly-supported as this (private sector; I have no tenure). The fact that we're willing to discuss this stuff is far more polite than the argument deserves.
No, I did not miss the earlier post before I responded to the later one. You continue to discuss the pictures as if they had content worth discussing, so I continue to discuss them.Bolding mine. I guess you must have missed this post. So as you see, it goes over fine with me. Chris B.
What? Pics of blobs you claim to be 3m-tall apes? That’s all you want to discuss? All the other things you wrote trying to somehow back, justify huge bipedals apes living in North America are not open for discussion? I am supposed to just accept them?
Sorry, but no.
No. You are at a discussion forum. Put something over the table and it’ll be dissected. You claimed to have examined a model skull and that it matched what you claimed to have seen. Again:
Which species of the Gigantopithecus genus was the skull model from? Who made it? It was built over exactly which real bits of bones? Can you, based solely on the skull, actually have a good idea of how it would look like covered in flesh, muscle, skin and hairs?
None of those quotes are related to the things you wrote which I am questioning. You are evading the questioning and here are again some of the extremely questionable thing you wrote:
1. A new species of monkey (rather similar to others previously known) discovered at some remote corner of the world can to be used to open a door for a 3m-tall bipedal ape (something VERY different from known species) in USA and Canada living at some folks’ backyards.
2. Images are not acceptable scientific evidence.
3. Bigfoots may be gigantopithecus because they look like them.
4. The fact that we are in 2014 and no reliable evidence has been ever found to back 3-m tall apes living now or in the past at some of the best studied places of the world doesn’t mean they are not there.
Defend them from the critics or remove them. If you don’t want these things to be questioned, post them at a personal blog or a footer-only web place.
As the academy/industry hybrid I am, I must agree.
Any of mytorture subjects, minions and slavesstudents bringing forward similar levels of ignorance of the scientific method, flawed reasoning and lame excuses would fail the course. Any of myfellow puppets of the imperialistic capitalismco-workers backing a project, a plan, a conclusion in similar ways would be either fired or sent to a distant, forgotten and mostly harmless part of the company(*).
(*) disclaimer- some similar-minded folks, however, so it seems, somehow managed to become politicians or board members and CEOs of companies and Chancellors of universities…
Which means that the only way to believe you is to abandon all the of rules of scientific discourse.ChrisBFRPKY said:I've not presented any evidence to defend at this point.
Than they are without value. Period. They should have been discarded, and should never have been brought up. They are not representational of anything; they are merely poor-quality photos that serve no purpose.The attempt made by others here is for me to defend those pics as evidence of Bigfoot when they're not presented as such. The pics were taken during 2 different encounters and due to the image quality, do not visually represent what was witnessed by all members present. They do represent the encounter but the subjects are poorly defined.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_and_Clark_ExpeditionShow me the University funded studies. Show me the Government sponsored expeditions.
1. It is my opinion that if science is still discovering new species, some of those even primates, then the World has not revealed every species now populating it.
Isn't that easy?
Fine.ChrisBFRPKY said:I'm not interested in further discussion of the pics.
Hell, I'VE discovered new species. A few times. That said, I have a strong suspicion I go about it differently than you.1. It is my opinion that if science is still discovering new species, some of those even primates, then the World has not revealed every species now populating it.
Isn't that easy?
This is a lie. See the ivory-billed woodpecker. Or, see the bones that were destroyed in WWI and WWII.2. Images are not acceptable as scientific evidence for proof of existence of a new species.
Please provide specific similarities. Was it the sagital crest that was similar? The angular process? The zygomatic arch? The elongate rostrum? The carnasal? The antorbital finestras? (If you're not laughing by now, I strongly suggest you withhold commenting on anatomical similarities until you learn the basic terms.)3. Yes, it is my opinion that the Bigfoot I witnessed did look like Giganto.
So by your logic, I should be convinced that Texas has giant glass spiders 40' tall. After all, I had a sighting of one!. I think everyone should remain skeptical right up to the point these creatures are proven to exist or you have your own sighting.
See, here's the rub: I'm in this field. I've spent my time in bigfoot territory, I've worked closely with biologists who have, and I've studied the relevant fossiliferous units.So you have 2 choices, either go out and look for evidence yourself or accept what others in the field give you.
Uh oh!See the ivory-billed woodpecker.

Uh oh!![]()
According to wikipedia, the National Wildlife Federation funded a study on Bigfoot in the 1970s but no notable discoveries were made. But I don't suppose that study counts because they didn't confirm your belief?
But let us pretend for a moment that your claim is right and no official studies or expeditions looking for Bigfoot ever happened. Why do you think this would be the case?
There is no evidence that they exist at all beside from vague Indian legends that propents claim pertain to them, unreliable eyewitness accounts, fake looking footprints, and grainy, blurry, or otherwise indistinct photos, videos, and audio.
Why would there be an official study or expedition into this? And even if there was one that looked into every rock, nook, cranny, and crevice, and they found nothing would that make any difference? Or would you still be claiming that Bigfoot some how eluded such a study or expedition?
Not just university funded studies. The EPA, BLM, and other federal and state agencies require biological resources monitoring of many construction projects. That means that there are thousands of biologists in the field at any given time, each looking for a way to become famous so that they can stop being monitors. NONE of them have found sufficient evidence of bigfoot to warrant publication.comncents said:I'm pretty sure there are numerous University funded studies putting people in the field all over Footie's supposed range, but none of them ever come up with anything Footie related.
I'm not interested in further discussion of the pics.
.... For me personally the mystery of existence is solved because I've seen them. So you have 2 choices, either go out and look for evidence yourself or accept what others in the field give you. I'm not offering. Chris B.
Not just university funded studies. The EPA, BLM, and other federal and state agencies require biological resources monitoring of many construction projects. That means that there are thousands of biologists in the field at any given time, each looking for a way to become famous so that they can stop being monitors. NONE of them have found sufficient evidence of bigfoot to warrant publication.
BFFperson said:. . . the Gov may not have to provide proof anymore but they would surely have to acknowledge its existence, whether now extinct or not, which it simply hasn't done ?
I personally don't believe that this animal exists (which it does) right under the noses of 400m people and right under the noses of the US Gov without them knowing full well.
I know a few of you don't hold your Gov in the highest regards, but there's no way that's happening.
Why they won't go public with it I have no idea, but i guess like everything else it would be down to $$ more than anything else.
This is a perfect example of "moving goal posts." Footers say "No long term study" they are shown long term studies. Footers say "no funded study" they are shown funded studies. Footers say " no University studies" ....
As mentioned before, most new species are discovered when looking for other things. So, here are three links to University studies, based in the PNW (Bigfoot central) that were able to document wolverines.
http://www.oregonzoo.org/news/2012/11/zoo-assisted-study-search-cascades-wolverines
http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/2008/mar/osu-researcher-documents-rare-wolverine-california
http://www.conservationnw.org/what-we-do/wildlife-habitat/washingtons-wild-one
If you relate the number of wolverine sightings to the number of bigfoot sightings, finding ol' footie should be easy.
I'm pretty sure there are numerous University funded studies putting people in the field all over Footie's supposed range, but none of them ever come up with anything Footie related.
I really don't consider pics and video to be of any value until I collect a body or part. Although I did not present the pics here as evidence, I was still willing to discuss them. However, most would like to comment from afar without discussion and that's not allowed in real science. One cannot simply dismiss something based on their say so, the opinion must be backed up with an actual discussion. Many here fail to realize this so evidently to their horror, I simply pointed it out.
I missed this. This is obviously wrong. One IS allowed to "comment from afar"--meaning to examine the data presented by the authors, and determine if it's sufficient or not. The "letters to the editor" section of every journal is filled with exactly this.ChrisBFRPKY said:However, most would like to comment from afar without discussion and that's not allowed in real science.
What ChrisBFRPKY fails to realize is that we ARE basing our conclusions on actual discussions--and (more significantly) on data. That's exactly what science does. But because he doesn't like our conclusions, he ignores this.One cannot simply dismiss something based on their say so, the opinion must be backed up with an actual discussion.
I wish to second this. ChrisBFRPKY, you are quite literally telling some of us how to do our jobs. How would YOU like it if I demonstrated no knowledge of your job, nor any interest in gaining any, but still insisted that you are not actually doing your job because you aren't doing it the way *I* want? How long would it take before you punched me? The fact that we're still talking to you in relatively civil terms is actually remarkably generous from some of us. (And the worst said in this thread is polite--science has involved flat-out warfare in the past, over FAR less [thus the reason they are very hesitant to let us paleo folks play with TNT anymore....])dmaker said:Side note: do you realize how offensive your "real science" comment is considering the real experience and knowledge of some involved in this discussion?