ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2012
- Messages
- 4,449
Thanks for the insights, Chris.
You're welcome.
And a story is just a story. Without any supporting evidence nothing can be verified. So whether it is personal opinion or pure whimsy that leads one to dismiss an anecdote, who really cares? The truth of it cannot be determined either way.
A story is indeed just a story, but the details are part of the supporting evidence. With some investigation these details can either support the story or blow it out of the water. I guess if one really cares about the validity of the story they can investigate it in the proper way. I'm not assigned to investigate this one so like some, I don't care whether it pans out or not.
As far as dismissing stories or anecdotes, I guess that depends on your personal level of interest or involvement.
Anecdotes don't bode well for much of anything.
Other than to say, "If the shoe fits" I agree. Chris B.