• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
I cannot accept that she believes what she is saying unless it comes with a mental health issue proviso. I don't say that to be mean, but it is the only explanation that rules out dishonesty. Being gullible is one thing. Listening raptly to someone tell a spooky dogman at the side of the road story and thinking maybe it could be true? Not too many ( I hope ) that would truly believe that, but I'll concede some flexibility. But to say, insist even, that you have seen one? And your story changes quite a bit constantly? That is either a flat out lie, or a delusion brought on by some sort of mental illness in my opinion.
 
If she really believes she saw a dogman, and that the woods are full of these dangerous creatures, someone might suggest medical help, rather than encourage blabbing about it on blogs, forums and podcasts.

I'll bet no one does that.
 
^^ I did. It did NOT go over well.

Reality rarely goes over well in fringe belief circles. Nor does common sense or common empathy. It's frikken immoral not to suggest medical help in scenarios like this. What's wrong with these folks?

I can only hope this person is LARPing and doesn't believe a word of this malarkey.
 
Re: footprints

This appears to be the most ridiculous aspect of Bigfoot study to me, not only from the time spent trying to establish them as "proof" but also in the time spent having to dignify such claims with rebuttal.

I've read a lot about them, not the least amount within these threads. To me they just look absurd...particularly the perfectly formed and matched toes that scream immobility, inflexibility, and fraud.

But one thing I haven't seen addressed: the footprints and casts always appear as though someone was hanging from a helicopter and pushing their foot directly into the ground. In other words, they never appear to be "walking," just flat and sculpted. What I haven't seen is anyone showing how they're fake because a walking footprint shows disproportionate depth at the ball of the foot, where weight is applied as the walker pushes up from the ground, and displacement in the surface caused by the movement of the toes as this happens.

Unless their argument is that Bigfoot walks like he has snowshoes on...?

I haven't seen any debunking of the sort that says "here is why this subject wasn't walking." Maybe I've missed it? (Probably.) It seems like the first point to make when presented with big flat imprints.

Bigfoot seems to have a variety of foot aliments, the tracks look nothing like each other.
 
I cannot accept that she believes what she is saying unless it comes with a mental health issue proviso. I don't say that to be mean, but it is the only explanation that rules out dishonesty.

There are some books and even some interesting youtube videos out on how to detect lies. Corporations, government agencies, the military etc. have a paying interest in that subject.

A person who is telling the truth but is whacked is just going to out with the story despite its absurdity: "I was flying my space ship at low altitude and saw a giant pink fairy eating an elephant, flying right next to me."

They are just relating what they saw, nothing more.

A person who is sane but lying will permeate the story with qualifiers and apologetics: "I was with my skeptic husband, I would never tell a lie because I am a Christian, Mother, Girl Scout, White, etc. and it is something I could never have believed myself... blah blah blah"

If you are truly whacked there is no reason for you to be so calculating in your lies: to spend three times the number of words on manipulative, defensive crap instead of the story itself. That is a hallmark of deceptive behavior, not truth-telling.
 
There are some books and even some interesting youtube videos out on how to detect lies. Corporations, government agencies, the military etc. have a paying interest in that subject.

A person who is telling the truth but is whacked is just going to out with the story despite its absurdity: "I was flying my space ship at low altitude and saw a giant pink fairy eating an elephant, flying right next to me."

They are just relating what they saw, nothing more.

A person who is sane but lying will permeate the story with qualifiers and apologetics: "I was with my skeptic husband, I would never tell a lie because I am a Christian, Mother, Girl Scout, White, etc. and it is something I could never have believed myself... blah blah blah"

If you are truly whacked there is no reason for you to be so calculating in your lies: to spend three times the number of words on manipulative, defensive crap instead of the story itself. That is a hallmark of deceptive behavior, not truth-telling.

Hilited what must be a lie since they now believe it.
 
Re: footprints

This appears to be the most ridiculous aspect of Bigfoot study to me, not only from the time spent trying to establish them as "proof" but also in the time spent having to dignify such claims with rebuttal.

I've read a lot about them, not the least amount within these threads. To me they just look absurd...particularly the perfectly formed and matched toes that scream immobility, inflexibility, and fraud.

But one thing I haven't seen addressed: the footprints and casts always appear as though someone was hanging from a helicopter and pushing their foot directly into the ground. In other words, they never appear to be "walking," just flat and sculpted. What I haven't seen is anyone showing how they're fake because a walking footprint shows disproportionate depth at the ball of the foot, where weight is applied as the walker pushes up from the ground, and displacement in the surface caused by the movement of the toes as this happens.

Unless their argument is that Bigfoot walks like he has snowshoes on...?

I haven't seen any debunking of the sort that says "here is why this subject wasn't walking." Maybe I've missed it? (Probably.) It seems like the first point to make when presented with big flat imprints.

Well, Bigfoot doesn't walk like you. Bigfoot also doesn't have a foot like yours.

I present to you, some scholarly ridiculousness:

http://www.isu.edu/~meldd/fxnlmorph.html

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_18_1_meldrum.pdf

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-conte...of_giant_hominoid_tracks_in_north_america.pdf
 
Bigfoot seems to have a variety of foot aliments, the tracks look nothing like each other.
Excellent! Yet another one of the reasons Don Meldrum is just a daft wannabe. His seeming "fascination" with Bigfoot prints. If you look at animal prints on most any visual chart, they typically give you ONE example of each animal's prints because pretty much all animals including humans have just one ongoing version of each of their pairs of hands/feet. And at the very least the pairs match even if they don't (as sets) front to back. Yet, I don't think I've ever seen two sets of Bigfoot "prints" that looked the same. And worse, the left and right don't always match (disregarding "opposite hand") either. Hmm, no two Bigfoot prints are the same as any other thing, umm, anywhere. Apparently it's because without the benefit of any actual biology going on there, for you know, quality control, everyone who builds fake footprint is just winging it. There Is No Bigfoot Footprint Maker Plans™. Yet. :cool:
 

Oh my God. Thank you. After all these years I finally get it. I just hadn't put it all together. From your first link:

"The compliant gait not only reduces peak ground reaction forces, but also avoids concentration of weight over the heel and ball, as well as increases the period of double support."

It all makes sense now...the "mid-tarsal break" theory was created to explain why Bigfoot prints have no push-off depression like human feet: because their gait and foot structure result in a more evenly distributed impression...a flat one...exactly the same kind of impression...

A STOMPER WOULD MAKE.

Check please.
 
There are some books and even some interesting youtube videos out on how to detect lies. Corporations, government agencies, the military etc. have a paying interest in that subject.



A person who is telling the truth but is whacked is just going to out with the story despite its absurdity: "I was flying my space ship at low altitude and saw a giant pink fairy eating an elephant, flying right next to me."



They are just relating what they saw, nothing more.



A person who is sane but lying will permeate the story with qualifiers and apologetics: "I was with my skeptic husband, I would never tell a lie because I am a Christian, Mother, Girl Scout, White, etc. and it is something I could never have believed myself... blah blah blah"



If you are truly whacked there is no reason for you to be so calculating in your lies: to spend three times the number of words on manipulative, defensive crap instead of the story itself. That is a hallmark of deceptive behavior, not truth-telling.


Bingo. This is why pan handlers always need a very specific amount of money to accomplish a very specific task.

"hey I just ran out of gas --can I have $4.35 so that I can make it to my job interview in Milwaukee". Etc.
 
Speaking of the footprint 'evidence' I still can't get over the whole tight rope walk that Bigfoot seem to have. What is up with that?
 
Speaking of the footprint 'evidence' I still can't get over the whole tight rope walk that Bigfoot seem to have. What is up with that?

Oddly enough patty does not do the tight rope walk, her gait looks remarkably human.
 
Oddly enough patty does not do the tight rope walk, her gait looks remarkably human.

I wonder if Dr. Meldrum has addressed Patty's fairly normal (human) walk,
and how the "mid-tarsal break" walk compares with it?

Has Dr. Meldrum shown how a Bigfoot with his mid tarsal flat footed stomp would walk?

I have read how Meldrum thinks it would work, but I cannot visualize it.
 
Oddly enough patty does not do the tight rope walk, her gait looks remarkably human.

And yet her footprints line up, one in front of the other.
Gee, I wonder if that means Patty did not make the prints?
 

Attachments

  • stride.jpg
    stride.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
More on Jerrywayne's superstar "true believer not BLAARGer" (Linda Sedlak) completely contradicting herself:

Michael Ryan, I absolutely understand your thoughts and feelings. I was struck totally silent and froze when I saw what I thought to be a Sasquatch. I had just never realized how massive these creatures really are:( However, my BF had a *snout*. He looked like Patty, only much larger and heavier, but he had a short snout. It was someone at the Bigfoot Forum who explained to me that I had watched a Dogman, not a Sasquatch. Then someone else, an expert on this species, asked me to do a radio show and while we were talking he explained that the type of BF that I saw was really the most dangerous and deadly of the 4 types. Now I am very thankful that my hubby absolutely refused to go back and let me investigate the sighting area and hopefully get some pictures. He may have saved our lives. The creature followed us out into the road as we drove away from the sighting area. He Did Not Run Away!


dogman-encounter.jpg



http://dogmanresearch.blogspot.com/2014/06/dogman-sighting-lawrence-kansas.html


Here she is directly contradicting herself on the same story:


Timmy, I had a daylight encounter with my skeptic hubby along for the adventure. We both have post grad degrees, we were in daylight and were only a few feet away from the creature. We saw a black hair covered 7-8 feet tall and several hundred pounds of muscle male stand up and run away from us.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/07/skeptics-need-to-do-more-research.html

In another version he hides behind a tree after running away.

Not much difference there at all, no - being chased by it on the one hand and on the other hand the animal running away from you.

Much larger than 'yer run-of-the-mill Sasquatch too. What - three or four thousand pounds maybe? And her reward was she got to do a radio show.

That's what lying will do for you, and in the bigfoot world nobody cares if your lies are self-contradictory.
 
Last edited:
Oddly enough patty does not do the tight rope walk, her gait looks remarkably human.

I've noticed that as well, I've also noticed the foot tracks that Roger and Bob 'found' had 'Patty' walking in a tight rope walk.
 
I've noticed that as well, I've also noticed the foot tracks that Roger and Bob 'found' had 'Patty' walking in a tight rope walk.
We really need to get dandy Don "The Snake" Meldrum on that. Maybe we'll send him down to Bluff Creek on an all expenses paid fact-finding mission chosen especially for him to see if he can find those tracks again and verify this latest shocking development. There's a club and a Best Western™ nearby, right? What's his number?
 
I've noticed that as well, I've also noticed the foot tracks that Roger and Bob 'found' had 'Patty' walking in a tight rope walk.

If Patty walked that way it would produce a mincing gait that should be quite noticeable.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom