So you agree at present porn is dominated by males, you could have done that several posts ago and saved me the trouble.
I've never denied it! Sheesh! The whole point of what I am saying about that (and I came out and said it) is that there are many many many industries that are male dominated and geared towards the male aggressiveness.
The porn industry is dominated by males behind the camera, but the number of females in that position is growing. Further, the women in front of the camera always make a lot more money than a man in front of the camera.
In short, my reply to "it's a male dominated industry" is "So?"
I'm not explaining it to you for a third time, if you want to remain obtuse that's entirely your problem.
Oh please, could you be any more dramatic? Stop distorting the discussion with your falsehoods.
How ironic that you're accusing me of committing logical fallacies when your posts are littered with red herrings, strawmen and abundant cherry picking.
I know the point you're trying to make, once again, I was calling out on the fact that you are trying to prove your opinion, when, by your own admission it is just an opinion and can't be proven.
You say "porn is demeaning to women - I will go prove it"
I say "porn is not demeaning to women - I will go prove it".
So? You can't prove porn is demeaning to women just as I can't prove it isn't. That's a matter of opinion. However, you saying that you are searching for proof then posting opinions and saying "Ha! See?" is a fallacy, then turn around and accuse us of doing the same thing. And when I point out to your fallacies, you have accuse me of being wrong.
For example:
Before you make idiotic accusations it might help if you understood what the fallacy is first. Look it up, it doesn't mean what you think it does.
was your response to this exchange:
I said about the subject of porn demeaning women:
First of this is an opinion. Pure and simple. Some people, like you feels that porn does demeans women, some do not, some feel that porn empowers women. You can post opinion after opinion and I can too. It is futile. The truth is that it is how you look at porn.
To which you replied:
I agree said:
See? Another fallacy. Slippery slope. Sheesh.
from wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom.
Sounds like I got it right.
Mutual feelings and all that.
Well. We know where we stand.
More lies and fallacies, my you're quite the hypocrite aren't you.
Okay, I'll admit to being wrong in this. I re-read that post, and your play was what you thought the JREF would do, not the secretary's influence. My mistake I read it wrong. I'm sorry.
But you are trying to appeal to emotion and making assumption. There. I stand corrected and you were still using a fallacy. Further, you were judging us on your morals simply because we don't see the secretary doing anything wrong.
But I am sorry about reading it wrong.
Let me ask you again: would anybody who works with children be in porn? You do know plenty of teachers have been in Playboy. And if that is not bad, then what is the line?
Are you really this dense? I didn't say that at all, what I said was your comparison of the porn industry to major league sports was terrible.
Maybe you should reread it.
Okay, to be fair, I re-read that too.
Here is the exchange I'm reacting to:
Tsukasa Buddha said:
Second, I'm going to point out that there male sex workers in at least half of all pornography, and I dislike the "victimized women" approach to sex work (Though since it is a female in this particular case, I'll give a bit of a pass).
The industry is almost exclusively geared toward the male population.
A quick google search produces this:
It's not exactly a secret that the porn industry is a male-dominated profession, and that misogyny runs through its products; not much exists in the way of feminist, woman-friendly viewing material. Flood cites unrealistic depictions of sex and callous, hostile depictions of women as contributing factors to boys messed up perspective on how to treat women.
I'll apologize for that too. I did think that you were saying that since it's male dominated, it's automatically demeaning to women. I was wrong.
...but you are still basing your "fact" on an opinion. The little blurb you quoted is still just an opinion.
You cannot prove that porn is demeaning to women. Period.
I'm not sure why you continually misrepresent my posts, is your reading comprehension really this bad?
My scenario in no way suggests the teenage girl wants to do porn because the secretary also did so. It was to show that people like you would approve of such activities. You proved my point in your next post when you suggested if your teenage daughter wanted to do hardcore porn, you'd be perfectly fine with it. You'd probably even pack her a lunch and coach her too.
Again, I apologize for that.
And so what? I've explained quite clearly that if certain conditions were met, no I would not have any problems with her being in porn. Further, if she was under-aged and told me she wanted to get into it, I would talk to her about it first. Did you notice one of my recommendations to her was to hold off and get to know what her sexuality is because they may ask her to do something she didn't like?
And I wouldn't pack her a lunch. ....I'm a terrible cook...

And hopefully, she'd be making money to be in her own home.
So, if you had your way, should my children be taken away from me?
Speaking of dodges.......
One gigantic strawman.
More proof you're the master of the faulty causation fallacy.
Again, to be clear, here's what I'm reacting to:
ProBonoShill said:
Really? So if I'm having a sexual tryst with my married neighbour and her 14 year old son walks in, I guess we did nothing wrong cause he wasn't supposed to know.
<snip>
Oh and teenage boys have been looking at porn since the day print media was invented, maybe you should join the real world. Her naivety (yours too) that her behavior would remain secret isn't an excuse.
Here, I was making a point and I won't apologize. You have, essentially, absolved the 14 year old boy of any wrong doing. Really. The 14 year old boy. You have punished the woman, when she has done nothing illegal, and let the boy go off with a slap of the wrist for doing something illegal and getting away with it.
In response to your first statement, that's a terrible analogy. Two people having sex in the same house and being discovered by someone else who is in the house is NOT the same as discovering one person that you know that did porn on the entire internet, though you may think so.
The boy lives in the house and belongs there.
The fourteen year old boy doesn't belong on a porn site, and, although I'm sure he goes there, the chances of him seeing someone he knows is remote at best. He got lucky. Further, you seem to gloss over the fact that he tried to blackmail the secretary.
With this analogy you have absolved the 14 year old of any wrong doing.
Further, in your analogy, the adults were doing something that most people would see as wrong.
In what happened in real life, the secretary didn't do anything that most people see as wrong.
JFrankA said:
You know, it's not the school system responsibility to teach self respect to your children. That's your job.
Yes I know, in your world the little brats should do some reading and writing and get the hell home.
Another ad Hominem?
Okay, let me clarify. It is not the school's job to teach self-respect based on the morals YOU set. That is your job. What you see as teaching self-respect based on what you think self-respect is, to me, it's shaming your children. How is a school going to teach self-respect based on our vastly different beliefs of what self-respect is?
They can't.
That's your job. And that's my job. Not theirs.
What a bunch of nonsense. Tell me, is it demeaning if a young lady is being filmed lying on floor naked while 15 guys ejaculate on her?
Let's see. How did someone else put it? Oh yeah like this:
ProBonoShill said:
Oh please, could you be any more dramatic?
Speaking of dodges.......
One gigantic strawman.
But even though you dodged my point, I'll answer your question if you respond honestly to my claim.
So, is it demeaning if a young lady is being filmed lying on the floor naked while 15 guys ejaculate on her?
Not if a) it was consensual on everyone's part b) if she is enjoying the experience c) her safety was kept in mind during the filming, d) she is an adult and e) she's making money, then, no, it is not demeaning.
Oh wait you've already answered, you'd have no problem with your daughter doing that.
If the criteria I listed above is met, then you're right. I have no problem with it. If any one or more of the criteria is not met, then I would have a problem with it.
Hey as long as she's making money, maybe you'd hand out free copies too.
No, I would never do that. She'd lose money if I did.
Now my turn:
What I think is demeaning is how you are treating women. You have let the boy in this scenario go scott-free, yet you punish the woman and all women who choose to be in porn. You've judged them to be unable to use their brains, or lazy and not even try, you've judged women in porn as people who love to be demeaned, and yet, not once, NOT ONCE, have you said anything bad about the men (who act in) porn. You have not once said that the boy did anything wrong, in fact, you let him do something illegal and looked the other way so you can scream and point fingers at the secretary who did NOTHING illegal.
Who is being more demeaning to women? Me or you?
The same reason I wouldn't want a member of the KKK working at my children's school. But hey what he does with his free time isn't any of our business, RIGHT?
RIGHT!
You know something, if there were a member of the KKK teaching at the school, that person has every right to be a member if a) s/he kept his KKK business out of the school (e.g. if s/he started a Klan club, or tried to have a Klan rally in the school - no way), b) s/he treated each student equally (especially in grading) and c) s/he didn't tell anyone at the school what s/he does.
Sorry, it's a free country. I don't agree with the KKK but if someone wants to join and can stick to the criteria above and does a good job, then that person has the right to work there whether I like it or not.
Why are you dodging the question, derailing the thread and making an accusation? Okay, I'll play with you to be fair, I'll answer yours if you answer mine.
No.
Now, your turn:
In your opinion, if you had your way, should a couple, or even if it was just the mom who performed in porn, raise a child?