• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged School Secretary Persecuted For Making Porn

As a member of the school board, what would you have done?


  • Total voters
    171
  • Poll closed .
It's b/c her presence and her actions were OBVIOUSLY disruptive to the education goal.
Were they?

I NEVER said that was the cause - please re-read. The secretary created problems in school order and used bad judgment.. One aspect of that is that she made herself easily subject to blackmail.
And if she wore a short skirt in a dark alley, making herself 'easily subject to rape'...

What if a school teacher kept alcohol in their car, parked on school grounds, and left it unlocked. Never told anyone, did this regularly. Stealing the alcohol is a crime, but it's seriously bad judgment to act this way, and firing the teacher is not unreasonable. The teacher is fired for exhibiting bad judgment - not for being a victim of theft.
What if she kept alcohol in her own home?

What if she told the school officials when she was hired - then it would be their problem.
Since the blackmail could only be effective if the school administration is prejudiced against porn actresses, it would probably be a bad idea to tell them that.

I don't think you understand at all. If you tell a couple 14yos where the keys to the liquor cabinet or the porsche are - then YOU are guilty under the law of creating an attractive nuisance and can be held liable for the damage they cause.
And if try to hide the keys, you're just encouraging them to look for the keys, or just break in. Terrible judgment, you're fired. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matte that it's a crime for minors to take your property. The secretary effectively told some horny 14yos that she can easily be blackmailed - she definitely has some responsibility for the consequences.
It doesn't matte that it's a crime for minors to rape you. The secretary effectively told some horny 14yos that she can easily be raped - she definitely has some responsibility for the consequences.

The fact is that the porno is widely available and there is little chance some kid won't eventually find it. So the question is how manage the situation so it doesn't cause a disruption in school order and doesn't induce horny minors into attempting blackmail. The secretary did a terrible job of managing the issue.
Let's say she did tell the administrators(but not the students) about her past, and they were ok with it. If some 14 year old found the video, he STILL would have tried to blackmail her!


Literally any possibly embarrassing thing can be blackmail fodder. Is there ANYTHING employees should be able to not reveal to their employers to avoid blackmail? What if she were gay, or Libertarian, or a Trekkie?

One time I left my car windows down just enough for someone to reach in and unlock the doors. I exhibited bad judgment and forced someone to commit a crime against me. Should I have been fired?
 
Really ? Do gay parent hide their homosexuality from their children and fear anyone telling the kids ? No - she want's to hide it from her children b/c the secretary is herself bigoted against porn acting. If she actually accepted her porn career she could just explain it to the kids in an age appropriate way.
Wow. Just wow. :eye-poppi Have you really thought the above statement through?

You've made some stunningly bad analogies in your last few posts but this one takes the biscuit.
 
There is no "leap" to get from secret to problem. If she was open about her past, then there would have been no problem.

That's absolutely absurd. People keep secrets because there are people who are going to have problem with other people's activites whether they are a secret or not! For example, not everyone I work with knows I am an atheist. I don't tell the people who don't need to know (including a couple of my managers) because it would change the dynamic of our working relationship. There is no need to go there and it would impact our work relationship badly because he's a devote Catholic.

Further, she kept it a secret because it's none of anyone of her co-worker's and student's business. I work with customers and lot of my business deals with churches and religious groups. Should I make it plan to each and every customer that I am an atheist? Should I tell each and everyone of my customers that I run an adult website? Hell, I should tell them I'm a Dom and into BDSM too!

I have a ton of other secrets. I'll tell more if you want and in greater detail since it's so important for my co-workers and customers to know.

No secret, so everyone would know. She would not be subject to blackmail if everyone knew.

So, because she kept it a secret, does the kid have a right to blackmail her?

I never said it was bigotry on the school's part I argue that there was no evidence of bigotry by the school.

Oh. Then I read it wrong. Sorry.

You are wrong.

Back in the day I held security clearances. You have to fill out lots of forms and submit to interviews. They DO NOT care if you are gay, or a porn actor, or go to cock fights, or cheat on your wife. What they care about is - are you lying about it. If you are keeping secrets then you are subject to blackmail and an unacceptable security risk. This situation is similar tho' the issue is school order, not national security.

Apparently her employers didn't care if it was a secret, they didn't fire for that. They didn't say "no more secrets" they said "no more photography and porn". The arrangement was for her to be moved to another school, and to never be photographed. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT KEEPING SECRETS. In fact, they were willing to send her to another school without letting the other school know that she did porn.

What you applied for was a different job with different needs. You can not make one job have the same requirements as another.

For example, as a customer service rep, I negotiate with customers all the time. Guess what I do? LIE. A LOT. And I keep secrets from the customer so I "don't give away the store". I do it because it keeps the customers happy they get what they want, they feel satisfied and I keep the company in good standing with the customer.

Lieing and keeping secrets is a fact of life.

NO ! I never said anything like that. That's a silly extrapolation on your part.

If you have personal issues that impact your job performance or create liabilities - then you DO have an obligation to inform your employer. If your surgeon drinks enough to have tremors, or if your pilot wants to pull an all-niter before a trans-pacific flight - they OWE their employers a disclosure. If you have an actively infectious disease - then you owe your employer disclosure (if it potentially impacts others). If you have some personal hobby that will cause a discipline/order problems among minors at school and make you subject to blackmail - that requires disclosure. These situations impact the conditions of employment.

Really? Come on. Really?

Sheesh! Talk about "silly extrapolation on one's part".

You are comparing pulling an all -nighter before flying a plane or having an infectious disease as being just as "disruptive" as some secretary being in a porn.

Anything can be blackmailed. Any-thing. Period.

You really make it look like blackmail is fine if you keep a secret, you know. :)


...more coming later. Time for me to keep secrets from customers and co-workers to keep them happy.
 
Stories like this make me ashamed to be from the same province. The school are puritan asshats, and the cops who dismissed the blackmail and child rape threat from that teenager are possibly worse. *shakes head in disgust*
 
Maybe in the future this will be acceptable behavior, but keeping her on staff would really get a lot of parents massively angry.
 
Just finished the thread and read a great deal about teenage boys and a porn actress secretary. I've yet to see any discussion about the teenage girls attending the school in question and their feelings on the subject.

Does anyone believe this woman is setting a good example for these girls?

I thought JREF would be the last place that would support the degradation of women, I figured the idea of females being treated as sexual objects would be frowned upon, guess I was wrong.

Imagine being the parent of a teenage girl from the school, judging by the responses in this thread, the conversation would go something like this:

Student: Hi mom and dad, guess what happened today.

Parent: What dear?

Student: We found out our school secretary is an actress in pornographic films, there's talk she's going to be fired.

Parent: Well that's ridiculous, porn is something consenting adults enjoy and what she does when she's not at school is her own business.

Student: I'm glad you feel that way because next year when I turn 18 I want to give porn a try.

Parent: That'd be great sweetie, if you want to have sex with multiple partners while it's being filmed from different angles that's your choice. Hopefully you'll get world wide distribution. Can't wait to see Uncle Jerry's face when we show him a copy.
 
Just finished the thread and read a great deal about teenage boys and a porn actress secretary. I've yet to see any discussion about the teenage girls attending the school in question and their feelings on the subject.

Does anyone believe this woman is setting a good example for these girls?

I thought JREF would be the last place that would support the degradation of women, I figured the idea of females being treated as sexual objects would be frowned upon, guess I was wrong.

Imagine being the parent of a teenage girl from the school, judging by the responses in this thread, the conversation would go something like this:

Student: Hi mom and dad, guess what happened today.

Parent: What dear?

Student: We found out our school secretary is an actress in pornographic films, there's talk she's going to be fired.

Parent: Well that's ridiculous, porn is something consenting adults enjoy and what she does when she's not at school is her own business.

Student: I'm glad you feel that way because next year when I turn 18 I want to give porn a try.

Parent: That'd be great sweetie, if you want to have sex with multiple partners while it's being filmed from different angles that's your choice. Hopefully you'll get world wide distribution. Can't wait to see Uncle Jerry's face when we show him a copy.

First, I take issue with your "daughter" scenario because it is just emotion baiting. There are plenty of jobs I wouldn't want my hypothetical daughter working in, like McDonald's. And when it comes to sex, most people don't want to think of their daughters having it even in committed relationships :p . This is hardly a skeptical/rational viewpoint to be taking.

Second, I'm going to point out that there male sex workers in at least half of all pornography, and I dislike the "victimized women" approach to sex work (Though since it is a female in this particular case, I'll give a bit of a pass).

Third, I think the idea that she is a bad role model is silly. People can choose to make anyone their role model, from Ke$ha to Thomas Hobbes, and I doubt "administrative secretary" is high on the list. Hell, a kid could make Charles Manson his role model, it is all the kid's choice.

Finally, how exactly do you think sex workers are helped by making sex work something abhorrent and punishable for after the fact? Stigmatizing it doesn't make it stop, it just makes it harder.
 
Just finished the thread and read a great deal about teenage boys and a porn actress secretary. I've yet to see any discussion about the teenage girls attending the school in question and their feelings on the subject.

Does anyone believe this woman is setting a good example for these girls?

I thought JREF would be the last place that would support the degradation of women, I figured the idea of females being treated as sexual objects would be frowned upon, guess I was wrong.

I'm sorry, this is one of the most sexist statements I've heard on this thread.

To me, the whole calling someone a "role model" argument is a way for adults to justify their own outrage and push their own morals on someone else. When one calls someone else a "role model", it not only screams "think f the children", but it also says "you have to babysit my kids"

As far as I see it, children don't have "role models". There are people they like a lot, maybe admire, usually famous people, but a "role model" as adults freely use the term, no.

Besides, what's so wrong with a woman who decides to take control of her sexuality and use it in the way she enjoys and makes profit from? Also she's holding down a day job, and having a night job while raising two children by herself and still not doing anything illegal.

If you want to play with the "role model" bullpucky then I'd call the secretary a good one.

Imagine being the parent of a teenage girl from the school, judging by the responses in this thread, the conversation would go something like this:

Student: Hi mom and dad, guess what happened today.

Parent: What dear?

Student: We found out our school secretary is an actress in pornographic films, there's talk she's going to be fired.

Parent: Well that's ridiculous, porn is something consenting adults enjoy and what she does when she's not at school is her own business.

Student: I'm glad you feel that way because next year when I turn 18 I want to give porn a try.

Parent: That'd be great sweetie, if you want to have sex with multiple partners while it's being filmed from different angles that's your choice. Hopefully you'll get world wide distribution. Can't wait to see Uncle Jerry's face when we show him a copy.

:rolleyes: Oh please.

How very sexist. The girls must have special protection. If it were a boy talking would that make a difference in your reaction to this?

Nothing more than special pleading, an appeal to emotion and a slippery slope.

For the record, if I ever had such a ludicrous discussion with my daughter, my reply would be this:

Me: Let's talk about it. Let's make sure you understand how this may affect your life. First off, there will be some people in this world who, if they ever found out, would instantly judge you as "bad", or think that they can get sex from you whenever they want, or think that you will somehow hurt or "lead someone down the wrong path". You will have to deal with that prejudice. Also, you need to be safe and remain clean. I also want to recommend that you get to learn about your sexuality a little more. There may be some scenes that people will ask you to do that you would not like.

If you want to do it, then I won't stop you. In fact, I will support you. But I would want you to go into this with both eyes open and understanding what's going on behind the camera and in real life. Come to me with questions. I'll try to answer them.

-----

The best "role model" for a child is their own parents. Don't put that responsibility on strangers.
 
Last edited:
First, I take issue with your "daughter" scenario because it is just emotion baiting. There are plenty of jobs I wouldn't want my hypothetical daughter working in, like McDonald's. And when it comes to sex, most people don't want to think of their daughters having it even in committed relationships :p . This is hardly a skeptical/rational viewpoint to be taking.

Second, I'm going to point out that there male sex workers in at least half of all pornography, and I dislike the "victimized women" approach to sex work (Though since it is a female in this particular case, I'll give a bit of a pass).

Third, I think the idea that she is a bad role model is silly. People can choose to make anyone their role model, from Ke$ha to Thomas Hobbes, and I doubt "administrative secretary" is high on the list. Hell, a kid could make Charles Manson his role model, it is all the kid's choice.

Finally, how exactly do you think sex workers are helped by making sex work something abhorrent and punishable for after the fact? Stigmatizing it doesn't make it stop, it just makes it harder.

If you need to practice cognitive dissonance to help rationalize your arguments, your critical thinking skills need more improvement than mine.

Your second point is way off, I suggest you do some research. The Porn industry is dominated by males behind the camera and females in front them.

The industry is almost exclusively geared toward the male population.
A quick google search produces this:

It's not exactly a secret that the porn industry is a male-dominated profession, and that misogyny runs through its products; not much exists in the way of feminist, woman-friendly viewing material. Flood cites unrealistic depictions of sex and callous, hostile depictions of women as contributing factors to boys messed up perspective on how to treat women.

http://news.change.org/stories/porn-teaches-boys-that-sexual-assault-is-a-okay

I didn't say anything about her being a role model, she works in a high school as a secretary and degrading herself in a pornographic movie sets a bad example not only for her students, but for her daughter as well.

I'm have no interest in helping porno stars, do they need any? They're not breaking any laws I know of and if they make the decision to demean themselves in a nasty way to the masses, hey it's their life. I just don't want them playing a role in my daughter's education.
 
I'm sorry, this is one of the most sexist statements I've heard on this thread.

To me, the whole calling someone a "role model" argument is a way for adults to justify their own outrage and push their own morals on someone else. When one calls someone else a "role model", it not only screams "think f the children", but it also says "you have to babysit my kids"

As far as I see it, children don't have "role models". There are people they like a lot, maybe admire, usually famous people, but a "role model" as adults freely use the term, no.

Besides, what's so wrong with a woman who decides to take control of her sexuality and use it in the way she enjoys and makes profit from? Also she's holding down a day job, and having a night job while raising two children by herself and still not doing anything illegal.

If you want to play with the "role model" bullpucky then I'd call the secretary a good one.



:rolleyes: Oh please.

How very sexist. The girls must have special protection. If it were a boy talking would that make a difference in your reaction to this?

Nothing more than special pleading, an appeal to emotion and a slippery slope.

For the record, if I ever had such a ludicrous discussion with my daughter, my reply would be this:

Me: Let's talk about it. Let's make sure you understand how this may affect your life. First off, there will be some people in this world who, if they ever found out, would instantly judge you as "bad", or think that they can get sex from you whenever they want, or think that you will somehow hurt or "lead someone down the wrong path". You will have to deal with that prejudice. Also, you need to be safe and remain clean. I also want to recommend that you get to learn about your sexuality a little more. There may be some scenes that people will ask you to do that you would not like.

If you want to do it, then I won't stop you. In fact, I will support you. But I would want you to go into this with both eyes open and understanding what's going on behind the camera and in real life. Come to me with questions. I'll try to answer them.

-----

The best "role model" for a child is their own parents. Don't put that responsibility on strangers.

Whether you like it or not, children spend almost 1/3 of their formative years in somes type of an educational setting. Principals, teachers, counselors and yes secretaries have an influence over children. They're certainly not strangers.

A woman can use her body in any way she likes, a man can too, I just don't want them filming New York Gang-bang VII and then educating my kids the day after it's released.

It seems you'd support your daughter getting facials from 5 different man in a matter of minutes, this is where we disagree I would vehemently oppose such a notion.
I'd explain to my daughter that she isn't a sex object. The porn industry will exploit her and she should be admired for her intellect and humanity, not her appearance.
 
If you need to practice cognitive dissonance to help rationalize your arguments, your critical thinking skills need more improvement than mine.

Your second point is way off, I suggest you do some research. The Porn industry is dominated by males behind the camera and females in front them.

You obviously do not know how much a woman in front of a camera makes in comparison to a man in front of a camera. Further, there are quite few of female studio owners, and that number is growing.

The industry is almost exclusively geared toward the male population.
A quick google search produces this:

It's not exactly a secret that the porn industry is a male-dominated profession, and that misogyny runs through its products; not much exists in the way of feminist, woman-friendly viewing material. Flood cites unrealistic depictions of sex and callous, hostile depictions of women as contributing factors to boys messed up perspective on how to treat women.

http://news.change.org/stories/porn-teaches-boys-that-sexual-assault-is-a-okay

Your google-foo is weak. You just posted one woman's opinion.

Porn also does this:

http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2005to2009/2009-pornography-acceptance-crime.html

http://www.the-scientist.com/templa...year=2010&page=29&month=3&o_url=2010/3/1/29/1

I didn't say anything about her being a role model, she works in a high school as a secretary and degrading herself in a pornographic movie sets a bad example not only for her students, but for her daughter as well.

If she has to "set a good example" isn't that making her a "role model" as well?

You put her in that position with your little script. If she isn't a "good example" then she is a "bad example" that can warp a poor innocent child's mind and make a child want to be a porn star. Sounds like a "role model" to me.

Oh, and according to your little script, she is such a bad example that she can turn an otherwise good father into a "bad example" as well.

I'm have no interest in helping porno stars, do they need any? They're not breaking any laws I know of and if they make the decision to demean themselves in a nasty way to the masses, hey it's their life. I just don't want them playing a role in my daughter's education.

So don't watch it. She didn't play ANY role in your daughter's education. None. She didn't bring it to school. She kept it secret, she didn't share with anyone at her job. Why should your daughter even care? Because one person has done porn in the school, your daughter is going to turn into a porn star?

Please.

Sheesh. We have one person arguing that she shouldn't have kept it a secret and we have another arguing that she can cause someone's daughter to be a porn star.


....*facepalm*
 
Whether you like it or not, children spend almost 1/3 of their formative years in somes type of an educational setting. Principals, teachers, counselors and yes secretaries have an influence over children. They're certainly not strangers.

A woman can use her body in any way she likes, a man can too, I just don't want them filming New York Gang-bang VII and then educating my kids the day after it's released.

It seems you'd support your daughter getting facials from 5 different man in a matter of minutes, this is where we disagree I would vehemently oppose such a notion.
I'd explain to my daughter that she isn't a sex object. The porn industry will exploit her and she should be admired for her intellect and humanity, not her appearance.


:rolleyes:

"Not in MY school!!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"
 
Whether you like it or not, children spend almost 1/3 of their formative years in somes type of an educational setting. Principals, teachers, counselors and yes secretaries have an influence over children. They're certainly not strangers.

A woman can use her body in any way she likes, a man can too, I just don't want them filming New York Gang-bang VII and then educating my kids the day after it's released.

So far, you could have said the exact same thing for blacks, gays, atheists and democrats.

Why should what you like matter?

It seems you'd support your daughter getting facials from 5 different man in a matter of minutes, this is where we disagree I would vehemently oppose such a notion.

And then what?

I'd explain to my daughter that she isn't a sex object.

I am sure you would make that claim. I doubt you'd be able to explain it, though.

What do you think a sex object is?
Why do you think it is a bad thing?
And why isn't your daughter one?

The porn industry will exploit her and she should be admired for her intellect and humanity, not her appearance.

Ah, you want your daughter to be ugly. Gotcha.
 
You obviously do not know how much a woman in front of a camera makes in comparison to a man in front of a camera. Further, there are quite few of female studio owners, and that number is growing.

I'm well aware women make more than men in front of the camera, but the majority of money is made behind the camera an area dominated by men.


I did a quick search to prove the porn industry demeans women (I can provide more if you like), why you are citing irrelevant violence studies is beyond me.

If she has to "set a good example" isn't that making her a "role model" as well?

You put her in that position with your little script. If she isn't a "good example" then she is a "bad example" that can warp a poor innocent child's mind and make a child want to be a porn star. Sounds like a "role model" to me.

Oh, and according to your little script, she is such a bad example that she can turn an otherwise good father into a "bad example" as well.

You're making a quite a few assumptions there, you really shouldn't do that on a critical thinking forum. Persons in our education system should be held to a certain standard, not a particularly stringent one mind you, but one that doesn't allow porn stars to facilitate a child's education.

So don't watch it. She didn't play ANY role in your daughter's education. None. She didn't bring it to school. She kept it secret, she didn't share with anyone at her job. Why should your daughter even care? Because one person has done porn in the school, your daughter is going to turn into a porn star?
Please.

She starred in a French language porno movie, released in Quebec, how do you suppose she was going to keep that a secret? :confused:

This is a huge part of the problem

I'm not worried about my daughter becoming a porn star in the least, I'd be worried about the message being sent if this women was allowed continued participation in my child's studies, that being it's perfectly okay for a woman to demean herself.

Sheesh. We have one person arguing that she shouldn't have kept it a secret and we have another arguing that she can cause someone's daughter to be a porn star.


....*facepalm*

That's a ridiculous statement and a dishonest one to, I'm arguing no such thing, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your forte.
 
So far, you could have said the exact same thing for blacks, gays, atheists and democrats.


I could've if they also happened to be educators.


Why should what you like matter?

I'm a parent, who pays taxes and votes, other than that I don't matter at all, though I do like to be an active participant in my children's education.

And then what?

Hopefully my child has been raised to make the proper, prudent decision.



I am sure you would make that claim. I doubt you'd be able to explain it, though.

What do you think a sex object is?
Why do you think it is a bad thing?
And why isn't your daughter one?

Think about the different contexts and you'll have your answer.

Here's one to get you started:

"Air hostesses are calling on airlines around the world to stop portraying them as sex objects in raunchy advertising campaigns. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...stesses-demand-end-to-sex-object-adverts.html


Ah, you want your daughter to be ugly. Gotcha.

Wouldn't matter to me either way, I'd love them just as much.
 
I'm well aware women make more than men in front of the camera, but the majority of money is made behind the camera an area dominated by men.

....you do realize that happens in a lot of industries.

Let's go after the NFL, MLB (where women make little or no money in comparison to men).

Name me one Major League Baseball player who is female. What? You can't? Well how can you say that the MLB is good for women!!!??? There isn't even ONE female player in the whole sport!!!

That's horrible. I don't want MY daughter thinking she can't be in the majors!!!!

Hey, at least in porn, my daughter has a chance to be a star and maybe make enough money to own her own studio of business.


I did a quick search to prove the porn industry demeans women (I can provide more if you like),

Wait. Hold on. You're kidding right? I mean, you must be joking.

You first come into this thread saying we aren't using critical thinking and you actually say "I did a quick search to prove the porn industry demeans women"? :ld:

How very hypocritical of you. How completely pot calling the kettle black.

First of this is an opinion. Pure and simple. Some people, like you feels that porn does demeans women, some do not, some feel that porn empowers women. You can post opinion after opinion and I can too. It is futile. The truth is that it is how you look at porn.

why you are citing irrelevant violence studies is beyond me.

Because you were the one to post an opinion of "porn is bad" based on a study that shows boys are more prone to harass girls if they've seen porn before. I pointed out studies that shows where porn is available, crime goes down.

Tit for tat. ...err...so to speak...

Besides, boys more likely to harass girls if they've seen porn is kind of backwards to me. I tend to thing that the boys who are more aggressive to begin with would harass women AND watch porn. The opinion never asked that question and the article that opinion cited to never did either.


You're making a quite a few assumptions there, you really shouldn't do that on a critical thinking forum. Persons in our education system should be held to a certain standard, not a particularly stringent one mind you, but one that doesn't allow porn stars to facilitate a child's education.

Excuse me. Those are YOUR assumptions. NOT mine. Here: re-read what I wrote:

If she has to "set a good example" isn't that making her a "role model" as well?

You put her in that position with your little script. If she isn't a "good example" then she is a "bad example" that can warp a poor innocent child's mind and make a child want to be a porn star. Sounds like a "role model" to me.

Oh, and according to your little script, she is such a bad example that she can turn an otherwise good father into a "bad example" as well.

I was addressing you're whole good example thing and how it means "role model". And in reply you STILL go on with the whole "role model" stance while trying to dodge the phrase and try to claim something I never did.

I'm sorry, do you even know what "critical thinking" is? Because you haven't shown it yet....

She starred in a French language porno movie, released in Quebec, how do you suppose she was going to keep that a secret? :confused:


This is a huge part of the problem

Funny, it wasn't meant for children to watch. How did a 14 year old boy get to see it? Oh I know:

His parents figured that the whole world should babysit their children.

The point is she did NOT show it, advertise it nor tell it to anyone she works with or any students. If you have something that you share to a group of people that is supposed to know about it, and someone else, who doesn't belong there and it's none of that sneaky person's business to know comes in and steals that something, who's fault is it?

I guess the boy was right in going into a porn and exposing that horrible secretary.

I'm not worried about my daughter becoming a porn star in the least, I'd be worried about the message being sent if this women was allowed continued participation in my child's studies, that being it's perfectly okay for a woman to demean herself.

Bullpucky. Your first post with your little play revealed that you are. Otherwise why the hell would you be so worried about this "good example" bullmess.

I also find this very revealing:

JFrankA said:
For the record, if I ever had such a ludicrous discussion with my daughter, my reply would be this:

Me: Let's talk about it. Let's make sure you understand how this may affect your life. First off, there will be some people in this world who, if they ever found out, would instantly judge you as "bad", or think that they can get sex from you whenever they want, or think that you will somehow hurt or "lead someone down the wrong path". You will have to deal with that prejudice. Also, you need to be safe and remain clean. I also want to recommend that you get to learn about your sexuality a little more. There may be some scenes that people will ask you to do that you would not like.

If you want to do it, then I won't stop you. In fact, I will support you. But I would want you to go into this with both eyes open and understanding what's going on behind the camera and in real life. Come to me with questions. I'll try to answer them.

ProBonoShill said:
It seems you'd support your daughter getting facials from 5 different man in a matter of minutes, this is where we disagree I would vehemently oppose such a notion.
I'd explain to my daughter that she isn't a sex object. The porn industry will exploit her and she should be admired for her intellect and humanity, not her appearance.

That you would judge me on the fact that instead of restricting, shaming and forcing my opinions on my daughter, who will be an adult soon, I tried to communicate to her what she should expect, show her support and willing to accept her for who she is and what she wants to do.

That's a ridiculous statement and a dishonest one to, I'm arguing no such thing, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your forte.

The first point was from someone before you but the second point is quite clearly how you feel: as evidenced by your very first post. I will correct myself. You may feel that that won't happen to your daughter but you certainly feel that, because of this secretary, it would happen to another.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I could've if they also happened to be educators.
:rolleyes:


I'm a parent, who pays taxes and votes, other than that I don't matter at all, though I do like to be an active participant in my children's education.

I'm a parent, who pays taxes and votes, other than that I don't matter at all, though I do like to be an active participant in my children's education. Yet I feel that what this woman did is none of our business. And as long as we don't make a big deal of it, neither will anyone else.

Wouldn't matter to me either way, I'd love them just as much.

Would you still love them if they decided to do porn and actually liked it and made money off it?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom