• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Roger Waters promotes 9/11 conspiracy theories...

Is there a citation? I would really like to understand this.
That Roger waters is angry at everybody and all for the death of his father (except at the people who actually killed his father that is), is not really a secret.

And as you read in my post it was an impression of mine. This was based on snippets of info, from various sources, I heard and saw over the years.
Had I had a direct quote, I would have given it and not called it an impression.
 
For me, one of the best features of
I agree with Mark about Waters, althoug I don't even think he's musically a "genius" - he's just someone who made some really good music. The two things are not synonymous.
For me, one of the best features of Pink Floyd was the interplay between Gilmour and Wright. They were an excellent example of how to share the melodic space in a song with another lead while leaving room for one another. They listened to each other and complimented what the other was doing. You can really tell that they'd been jamming together for years.

I also think Mason was an underrated drummer. His jazz and big band inspired laid-back groove feel was perfect for the band, especially when he would lay down a greasy funk groove like on Echoes or Pigs (Three Different Ones). I know quite a few accomplished drummers have spoken highly of his playing and influence, including Stewart Copeland, Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy.

That's not to say Waters wasn't an important member of the band, but after he parted ways with the others, none of his music projects were particularly moving to me.
 
Another hamfisted dodge noted. So I'll say it for you . . . claiming an "unteachable" level of expertise was achieved by the mere act of tossing up flyers is one of the dumbest things you've ever said. And you've said some pretty freaking dumb things.
I'm still waiting to hear how the other members allegedly treated Barrett horribly. As already mentioned, they made sure he kept getting royalty checks for his early contributions, and Gilmour and Waters helped him with his later music project (which was reportedly very difficult for all involved due to Barrett's inconsistency).
 
I'm still waiting to hear how the other members allegedly treated Barrett horribly. As already mentioned, they made sure he kept getting royalty checks for his early contributions, and Gilmour and Waters helped him with his later music project (which was reportedly very difficult for all involved due to Barrett's inconsistency).

She makes it up as she goes along, confident in the fact her ability to paste a piece of paper to walls and telephone poles makes her fantasies unimpeachable.
 
For me, one of the best features of

For me, one of the best features of Pink Floyd was the interplay between Gilmour and Wright. They were an excellent example of how to share the melodic space in a song with another lead while leaving room for one another. They listened to each other and complimented what the other was doing. You can really tell that they'd been jamming together for years.
Much agreement about this. The last few minutes of Echoes at Gilmour's concert in Gdansk (available on youtube) I have seen described as an intimate conversation between old friends. Rick died shortly after and Gilmour has never played Echoes again
 
Much agreement about this. The last few minutes of Echoes at Gilmour's concert in Gdansk (available on youtube) I have seen described as an intimate conversation between old friends. Rick died shortly after and Gilmour has never played Echoes again
Another good example is Shine On You Crazy Diamond from the Pulse DVD.
I was at the third night of fourteen at Earls Court.
 
I'm still waiting to hear how the other members allegedly treated Barrett horribly. As already mentioned, they made sure he kept getting royalty checks for his early contributions, and Gilmour and Waters helped him with his later music project (which was reportedly very difficult for all involved due to Barrett's inconsistency).
I can't imagine David Gilmour treating anyone horribly.
 
Is there a citation? I would really like to understand this.
i-dont-believe-you-whatever.gif
 
I absolutely get his anger. His father died, that's awful, and it was potentially preventable. He turned it into what I think is a pretty emotionally raw and powerful song. It's literally a song by a small child about his feelings when as a child his father was killed. He has every right to be angry about the circumstances of his death.

But however much High Command and specific officers may or may not be to blame, the primary target of his anger now he has grown up (theoretically) should be the Nazis. The war would not have happened at all had it not been for Nazi aggression. Only he can't seem to release the idea he glommed onto as a child. He cannot admit that he was wrong even when he was a child with incomplete information and a child's view of the world.

Everyone knows that ideas they had as a child are extremely unlikely to be absolutely correct, accurate or complete but he cannot ever admit error.
 
That Roger waters is angry at everybody and all for the death of his father (except at the people who actually killed his father that is), is not really a secret.

And as you read in my post it was an impression of mine. This was based on snippets of info, from various sources, I heard and saw over the years.
Had I had a direct quote, I would have given it and not called it an impression.

So it is only your "impression" that Waters believes Jews are to blame for WWII.
 
I'm still waiting to hear how the other members allegedly treated Barrett horribly. As already mentioned, they made sure he kept getting royalty checks for his early contributions, and Gilmour and Waters helped him with his later music project (which was reportedly very difficult for all involved due to Barrett's inconsistency).

Big deal, so the 'fellow' former band mates and producers kindly allowed Syd to carrying on performing as a studio soloist and wrote heartrending tear-filled tributes to him and even - gasp - let him share some royalties, which were his anyway.

The facts of Syd's departure are well-known He was treated horribly insofar as the way they dumped him, his having been the genius that put them on the road to superstardom anyway, with his innovative light slides and mirrored guitars. When he became catatonic on stage, they simply didn't bother to pick him up to attend gigs. He initially had no idea he had been frozen out. He'd turn up at recording sessions to their dismay, and they would mock him and joke about his pouring mandrax over his head, etc. When Syd realised he'd be ousted, it must have been a massive body blow to him and it can't have helped his mental health.
 
Last edited:
I can't imagine David Gilmour treating anyone horribly.


Let's face it, the only time Pink Floyd fans jump to their feet at Pink Floyd concerts is when

WARNING: Pink Floyd fans look away now:

the barrel-chested Gilmour and his boring old fart sold-out bandmates start the opening bars to... Syd Barrett's 'Arnold Layne'.


You know it, and I know it. We all know it.
 
Let's face it, the only time Pink Floyd fans jump to their feet at Pink Floyd concerts is when

WARNING: Pink Floyd fans look away now:

the barrel-chested Gilmour and his boring old fart sold-out bandmates start the opening bars to... Syd Barrett's 'Arnold Layne'.


You know it, and I know it. We all know it.
No, we don't.

Are the generally agreed upon choices for "best Pink Floyd album" ones that have Syd's songs?

No. I love Arnold Layne, but it isn't the best thing they ever wrote. It isn't even close.
 
Big deal, so the 'fellow' former band mates and producers kindly allowed Syd to carrying on performing as a studio soloist and wrote heartrending tear-filled tributes to him and even - gasp - let him share some royalties, which were his anyway.

The facts of Syd's departure are well-known He was treated horribly insofar as the way they dumped him, his having been the genius that put them on the road to superstardom anyway, with his innovative light slides and mirrored guitars. When he became catatonic on stage, they simply didn't bother to pick him up to attend gigs. He initially had no idea he had been frozen out. He'd turn up at recording sessions to their dismay, and they would mock him and joke about his pouring mandrax over his head, etc. When Syd realised he'd be ousted, it must have been a massive body blow to him and it can't have helped his mental health.
Got any sources for any of that?
 
So it is only your "impression" that Waters believes Jews are to blame for WWII.
Which I had mentioned in my post.
Only without the scare quotation marks, you now use.

But it’s alright, I understand.
By your own words you didn’t understand that part, so maybe I should have used shorter sentences, like they do in children’s books, in order to make it better understandable.

Would that have helped for you?
 
Let's face it, the only time Pink Floyd fans jump to their feet at Pink Floyd concerts is when

WARNING: Pink Floyd fans look away now:

the barrel-chested Gilmour and his boring old fart sold-out bandmates start the opening bars to... Syd Barrett's 'Arnold Layne'.


You know it, and I know it. We all know it.
Never been to a Floyd or Gilmour concert have you. (or even seen a video)

This is right up there with the stupidest, or perhaps most detached from reality, things you have ever posted here.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom