• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Restoring Honor Rally 8/28

o rofl those comments on facebook......

Watching a Gods Hand move across the country and across our hearts.

is watching from Maryland. Sick of taxes, politicians, bureaucrats, paying for others, and apologizing to the world.

Let's seek God's face for the restoration of our nation. He's our ONLY hope!

How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook 1. Open a new folder in your computer. 2. Name it 'Barack Obama'. 3. Send it to the Recycle Bin. 4. Empty the Recycle Bin. 5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'Barack Obama?' 6. Firmly Click 'Yes.' 7. Feel better? GOOD! Tomorrow we'll do Nancy Pelosi.


but the best was a guy called Bill Smith, "what needs to be restored?"
 
Last edited:
oh dear, i cant watch it anymore......

this is a cult, a sick sick cult. God there god this god that......
 
Is he going to let the native american couple perform some spiritual ritual after the white man prays?? I mean, he's not praying to their god.
 
As I was watching the live stream, Mr Beck was saying:

"There have been so many miracles leading up to this event today. I'd like to..."

And then my live feed died.
 
LOL they are now glorifying FAITH, believe in something even when reality tells you its nonsense.

i cant believe those people are applauding that crap. thats scaring.
 
I wonder if I went to this and punched Glenn Beck dead in the face I could get off in court by simply saying "Look, that guy was such a douche I couldn't help it. I had to hit him. I mean come on...it's Glenn Beck!"
 
I wonder why that god always picks the biggest nonsense spouting nut-jobs to spread his word. Is he making fun of them?

btw, i wonder if MLK jr. is rolling in his grave with all the abuse of his name on this event.
 
:santa4:

Frightening stuff. What's their point?


I watched the first 30 minutes to find out what 'Restoring Honor' meant. But he announced they were there today to restore the nations faith in God. As I tuned in again later, that still seems to be the theme.

I've no problem with people holding religious rallies... I just wish they'd be honorable when naming it.
 
One odd thing I noticed (don't know if this is usual for a rally): none of the attendees are allowed to carry signs. I don't know why that would be suppressed from a rally, unless there is a real concern for conflict, or just a worry there would be some really stupid signs.
Yeah, I think they're trying to avoid the signs that get mocked on Huffpo etc, and also they're taking pains to point out that it's not a political rally. Beck wants to influence as many people as possible.

eta: This Media Matters (liberal site) article points out how King represented ideas that Beck is very much against. An excerpt:
Beck's discussions of the rally's supposedly crucial role in American history have included frequent invocations of the civil rights movement, and Martin Luther King Jr. in particular. According to Beck, the rally will "reclaim the civil rights movement" because "Martin Luther King's dream" has "been distorted" and "massively perverted" by progressives. In attacking the people he claims are "perverting" King's legacy (i.e. progressives), Beck has suggested that he and his followers are the "inheritors and the protectors of the civil rights movement." In Beck's words, they will "take that movement, because we were the people that did it in the first place."
Beck is completely rewriting history.

King forcefully advocated for drastic action by the federal government to combat poverty; supported "social justice"; called for an "economic bill of rights" that would "guarantee a job to all people who want to work"; and stated that we must address whether we need to "restructure the whole of American society" -- all ideas that Beck has vilified.
Beck accuses progressives of trying to rewrite history and implores his followers to read original sources, but a review of King's own words clearly shows that Beck's insistence that he and his followers are the custodians of King's dream and legacy is nothing more than a lie.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I think they're trying to avoid the signs that get mocked on Huffpo etc, and also they're taking pains to point out that it's not a political rally. Beck wants to influence as many people as possible.

For what though? A message about getting back to god? He's invoking Dr King, who had an actual and real injustice to sort out when he led his march 43 years ago. All I can tell from this **** pile is the injustice this rally is about is Glenn Beck's new book is soon to be released and he's not controlling enough minions.
 
to me it looked like that "Honor" is some sort of cult.
 
I wonder if I went to this and punched Glenn Beck dead in the face I could get off in court by simply saying "Look, that guy was such a douche I couldn't help it. I had to hit him. I mean come on...it's Glenn Beck!"

At the very least, jury selection would take decades.
 
For what though? A message about getting back to god? He's invoking Dr King, who had an actual and real injustice to sort out when he led his march 43 years ago. All I can tell from this **** pile is the injustice this rally is about is Glenn Beck's new book is soon to be released and he's not controlling enough minions.

It goes way beyond a new book, or promoting Beck. There are people behind the scenes spending a lot of money on propaganda like this--extremely rich people who want to pay less taxes, big corporations who don't want to be regulated, etc. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but read this article in the New Yorker about the billionaire Koch brothers, who have been linked to Beck.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom