SpuriusMaximus
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Mar 2, 2009
- Messages
- 25,605
Fair enough. You are, of course, more than entitled to your own opinions.I get your point, but I don't think the people allegedly using a double standard are doing so.
In theory, but it took him years and some ruthless prodding to do it in practice. (IF he ever did commit to doing it, as in, will ever do it again.) And, as they say, I wish I lived in the country of Theory, because in Theory everyone's having the perfect life.Like, arthwollipot is a very pronoun-accommodating guy. I think we could agree there?
Same as me, then.Arthwollipot says he uses the intuitive pronouns too. Since EC identifies herself as female, the intuitive pronoun is she.
Same as my argument for years now, really. Some people are just not important for me to care to remember their pronouns. But apparently I'm a bastard and going to hell for it, while the self-proclaimed "progressives" get a free absolution for being so holy by paying lip service to the holy church of "progressives."If EC corrected him.in the past,he may have simply forgotten.
Then still immediately reverted to "she" anyway, like he's always done before. As you too just did. All I'm saying is: just admit that you're not any better. We're all brothers in arse. I'm not judging anyone for being an arse. I am one. Been saying it myself since 2009. I only object to people playing holier than though while doing the exact same. Just admit you're an arse and we could all skip to the pub and I'll buy every one of you a pint.Upon being reminded in this thread, he has apologized and used "they" as requested.
I've just detailed again why it IS. Again. Someone still not stopping preaching against X, while doing the polar opposite of X (even via conveniently forgetting it every time,) even after being repeatedly reminded for years that they're doing it, and still damning only everyone ELSE doing it... yeah, they ARE applying a different standard to themselves than to others. Textbook case, even.So none of that is a double standard, nor is it even an issue of standards at all. It's an issue of politeness and compliance with requested pronouns.
It's literally no different from the fire-and-brimstone preachers damning homosexuality while hiring male prostitutes. It's just the old trope of thinking that you can somehow atone for doing X, by being the most vocal against X.
Last edited:
