• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Predictions for T.rump's next term.

The birthright citizen ruling bodes ill for any attmept to find a loophole in the consiturtion to allow a Third Term ; at least 3 of the conservative justices are honest strict contructionist when it comes to intrepreting the language; and almost every legal expert I have read, regardless of their politics, says the wording means no third term, period.
The only loophole might be a case where the POTUS came into t he presidency through the death of the previous president, but that does not apply here.
 
i agree about the birthright citizenship ruling. although at the same time, the wording on that is also plain but was still a 6-3 ruling, which indicates he'd get 3 votes in favor of a third term. why that is should probably be looked into at some point.
 
The birthright citizen ruling bodes ill for any attmept to find a loophole in the consiturtion to allow a Third Term ; at least 3 of the conservative justices are honest strict contructionist when it comes to intrepreting the language; and almost every legal expert I have read, regardless of their politics, says the wording means no third term, period.
The only loophole might be a case where the POTUS came into t he presidency through the death of the previous president, but that does not apply here.
Bannon has already mapped out a route for Donny that gets him there legally. Stop me if you've heard this one. Goes something like this, apparently...

Since the vice-president does not have to be an elected member of Congress, s/he can be anyone nominated by the sitting president. I don't think there is a review process.

So, Trump stooges are nominated for the president and vice-president position. GOP ballot-hacking ensures they win. They take office.

The new vice-president resigns, and the new president nominates Donny for Veep. He is positioned unopposed.

The new president resigns, and Veep Donny becomes president again. Job done.
 
Bannon has already mapped out a route for Donny that gets him there legally. Stop me if you've heard this one. Goes something like this, apparently...

Since the vice-president does not have to be an elected member of Congress, s/he can be anyone nominated by the sitting president. I don't think there is a review process.

So, Trump stooges are nominated for the president and vice-president position. GOP ballot-hacking ensures they win. They take office.

The new vice-president resigns, and the new president nominates Donny for Veep. He is positioned unopposed.

The new president resigns, and Veep Donny becomes president again. Job done.
I've heard that theory before - I don't know who would win the Republican nomination that would just hand it back over though. Assuming someone like Vance, Rubio, etc. Have my doubts a no-name stooge could win the nomination.

Didn't his buddy Putin do something almost exactly like this?
 
Bannon has already mapped out a route for Donny that gets him there legally. Stop me if you've heard this one. Goes something like this, apparently...

Since the vice-president does not have to be an elected member of Congress, s/he can be anyone nominated by the sitting president. I don't think there is a review process.

So, Trump stooges are nominated for the president and vice-president position. GOP ballot-hacking ensures they win. They take office.

The new vice-president resigns, and the new president nominates Donny for Veep. He is positioned unopposed.

The new president resigns, and Veep Donny becomes president again. Job done.
I believe Donny would be ineligible to be VP because the VP has to be eligible to be the president.
 
I've heard that theory before - I don't know who would win the Republican nomination that would just hand it back over though. Assuming someone like Vance, Rubio, etc. Have my doubts a no-name stooge could win the nomination.

Didn't his buddy Putin do something almost exactly like this?
This was Bannon's idea, apparently. I have no idea how viable it is. Frankly, to me it seems sketchy at best, illegal at worst. But Bannon is well-known for his extravagant bull-◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊, especially if it serves himself.

Yes, I vaguely recall Putin did something like this hack to get more free games as Russian president.
 
I believe Donny would be ineligible to be VP because the VP has to be eligible to be the president.
This. You find little support for Donnie be eligble for a third term from legal experts, regardless of the experts politics.
 
Bannon has already mapped out a route for Donny that gets him there legally. Stop me if you've heard this one. Goes something like this, apparently...

Since the vice-president does not have to be an elected member of Congress, s/he can be anyone nominated by the sitting president. I don't think there is a review process.

So, Trump stooges are nominated for the president and vice-president position. GOP ballot-hacking ensures they win. They take office.

The new vice-president resigns, and the new president nominates Donny for Veep. He is positioned unopposed.

The new president resigns, and Veep Donny becomes president again. Job done.

I've heard that theory before - I don't know who would win the Republican nomination that would just hand it back over though. Assuming someone like Vance, Rubio, etc. Have my doubts a no-name stooge could win the nomination.

Didn't his buddy Putin do something almost exactly like this?
Almost all the legal discussion on this idea ends up saying that any Veep must be able to legally become President, and if you have served two terms you are not eligible.
Just another of Bannon's fantasies.
Might work in Russia, will not work here.
 
Don't worry! The SCOTUS can overturn that or explain it away. ;)
The Scotus has been ruling against Donnie quite a bit recently.
I know you hate them because they are conservative, but they are not quite a rubber stamp for the White House.
And I detect a certain dislike for America in general .
 
Last edited:
The Scotus has been ruling against Donnie quite a bit recently.
I know you hate them because they are conservative, but they are not quite a rubber stamp for the White House.
And I detect a certain dislike for America in general .
No, mate, no. I don't hate the SCOTUS because they are conservative. I don't even hate them at all. They're not even mine. Some of them are sock puppets for Project 2025, and are obviously on the take. That's not good at all, I am sure you will agree.

And I repeat, for the umpteenth time, I don't hate the USA. This is not hate, it's extreme concern. It is like watching your nice neighbour turn to illegal drugs and yet try to tell you all is well
 
I don't know what this means.
You listed three things that will stop a president from being president: impeachment + conviction, 25th amendment, losing an election.

You omitted death in office, which I agree is obvious and not really necessary to mention, but you forgot not standing for re-election either through choice after a first term or because you have already done two terms.

There's also resignation e.g. Richard Nixon.
 
I've heard that theory before - I don't know who would win the Republican nomination that would just hand it back over though. Assuming someone like Vance, Rubio, etc. Have my doubts a no-name stooge could win the nomination.

Didn't his buddy Putin do something almost exactly like this?
Just before Putain's second term finished out he strengthened the powers of the Prime Minister significantly and took up the role. The previous PM Nuke Everything Medvev was "elected" president and served one term before stepping down and endorsing Putain (who had restrengthened the President's powers again) for the next "election".

But then again the title of the ruler of Ruzzia has always been fluid, he who controls the secret police, controls the country.
 
I think one of Bannon's ideas was to make Trump speaker, then ditch the Prez and the Veep
Once again, you cannot sneak someobdy in that way. Almost every legal expert, regarless of politics say if you serve two terms that is it, period, end of story. How you got into the line of sucession is irrevelent, you simply cannot serve. The whole he can serve a third term if he is not elected is legal nonsense.
That's what's so frustrating, it's so much of an unforced error. It's a crucial senate seat that Dems just plopped right in the hands of the GOP. Not sure if there's anybody realistic in the wings to replace him though - or how finicky Maine voters are.
 
Once again, you cannot sneak someobdy in that way. Almost every legal expert, regarless of politics say if you serve two terms that is it, period, end of story. How you got into the line of sucession is irrevelent, you simply cannot serve. The whole he can serve a third term if he is not elected is legal nonsense.
From out here, that does seem plainly and obviously the case, according to the law. But we are talking about Trump and co here. The law is no hindrance to them doing what they want regardless, and people and lawyers let them do it, go along with them, cheer them on, and vehemently condemn any critics.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom