• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Predictions for T.rump's next term.

Americans didn't revolt when the country put their children in a meat grinder half the world away in a pointless war.
It will take a lot more than some legal shenanigans that will be argued with in courts for years to make them shed their blood on US soil in numbers that could threaten a wannabe dictator
 
Donald Trump dies in office during this term. Vance serves out the remainder, and loses re-election. The End.
I think it's better odds that he will be declared medically incapacitated and VP Vance sworn in to complete the term, then a very likely crushing Democratic win in '28, up to and including the loss to a bag of doorknobs as the Democratic candidate.
 
I think it's better odds that he will be declared medically incapacitated and VP Vance sworn in to complete the term, then a very likely crushing Democratic win in '28, up to and including the loss to a bag of doorknobs as the Democratic candidate.
Do you mean, better odds he'll become too incapacitated to keep presidenting, and get legitimately 25th'd out of office before he finally kicks the bucket? Or do you mean, better odds he'll get railroaded out of office via cynical and dishonest application of the 25th?

As for the former, my bet* is that there won't be any such slow deterioration. One day he'll be president and the next... it's over. As for the latter, I just put it in there for funsies, since I don't see it ever happening.

Also, I'm not sure living incapacity would trigger 25th behavior, even from this cabinet.
 
Do you mean, better odds he'll become too incapacitated to keep presidenting, and get legitimately 25th'd out of office before he finally kicks the bucket? Or do you mean, better odds he'll get railroaded out of office via cynical and dishonest application of the 25th?

As for the former, my bet* is that there won't be any such slow deterioration. One day he'll be president and the next... it's over. As for the latter, I just put it in there for funsies, since I don't see it ever happening.

Also, I'm not sure living incapacity would trigger 25th behavior, even from this cabinet.
I meant the former, on legitimate grounds of mental incapacity, which I believe he is showing very real signs of entering (not meant as political posturing- I think his mind is objectively deteriorating very badly).

I share your doubts about gaming Section 4 for some political advantage or reason of optics, as it can't help his legacy and VP Vance is not that kind of political cutthroat (IMO), but somehow I don't see him suddenly going down to a massive heart attack or whatever. I seem to see a lot more people taking the slow ride, rather than the express checkout. YMMV.
 
I meant the former, on legitimate grounds
of mental incapacity, which I believe he is showing very real signs of entering (not meant as political posturing- I think his mind is objectively deteriorating very badly).

I share your doubts about gaming Section 4 for some political advantage or reason of optics, as it can't help his legacy and VP Vance is not that kind of political cutthroat (IMO), but somehow I don't see him suddenly going down to a massive heart attack or whatever. I seem to see a lot more people taking the slow ride, rather than the express checkout. YMMV.
Nonsense - if this was the case why would they have moved to a cognitive test every week..... ;)
 
Do you mean, better odds he'll become too incapacitated to keep presidenting, and get legitimately 25th'd out of office before he finally kicks the bucket? Or do you mean, better odds he'll get railroaded out of office via cynical and dishonest application of the 25th?

As for the former, my bet* is that there won't be any such slow deterioration. One day he'll be president and the next... it's over. As for the latter, I just put it in there for funsies, since I don't see it ever happening.

Also, I'm not sure living incapacity would trigger 25th behavior, even from this cabinet.
Trump is already effectively not presidential due to his numerous incapacities.

His social media interface, being his most used interface with the US public, is run by a team of fascist scriptwriters in conjunction with outside vested interests. Those long screeds, anything more than a dozen words, are not typed by Donny's delicate little thumbs. They are a distilled, edited compilation of his mutterings, or even made of whole cloth, by his PR team. In effect, the Donald Trump of social media is a phantom, a fiction. America is falling for Orsen Wells' Martian attack all over again.

The real Donald Trump is the decrepit, criminal, stumbling, bumbling, bruised, orange fart-bag who improvises badly from prepared speeches on the teleprompter, and who repeats obvious lies his handlers have told him. As long as nobody says "No" to his personal demands, he doesn't give a ◊◊◊◊ about anybody else now. In his tiny mind, he is Vito Corleone.
 
I meant the former, on legitimate grounds of mental incapacity, which I believe he is showing very real signs of entering (not meant as political posturing- I think his mind is objectively deteriorating very badly).

I share your doubts about gaming Section 4 for some political advantage or reason of optics, as it can't help his legacy and VP Vance is not that kind of political cutthroat (IMO), but somehow I don't see him suddenly going down to a massive heart attack or whatever. I seem to see a lot more people taking the slow ride, rather than the express checkout. YMMV.

he has access to the best healthcare available, if whatever happens to him in the future is survivable, he'll survive it.
 
No it won't. Other than the good folks in Minnesota, the resistance we've seen so far has been pathetic. There is no fight left in america. At most it would trigger some edgy memes.
Uh, you have not seen footage of the Anti Trump demonstrations in several parts of America, have you?
Elinisting elections would be a massive escalation...and I don't think the American people are a passive as you think. So far, they think the proper respeonse would be at the ballot. Take that away, and you are going to see the worst upheavel isnce the Civil War.
But then, I get the feeling you probably never like the USA very much..a common trait , sad to say, among the militant left in Canada.
 
Farnkly, I doubt Trump will even try for a Third Term. Just issue himself a pardon before he leaves.
And some people here are really displaying a massive ignorance of the US.
 
Trump is already effectively not presidential due to his numerous incapacities.]
That's not even remotely how the presidency works. There are only three things that can make a president effectively non-presidential: Conviction by the Senate on impeachment, removal under the 25th Amendment, or defeat at the polls. That's it.


His social media interface, being his most used interface with the US public, is run by a team of fascist scriptwriters in conjunction with outside vested interests. Those long screeds, anything more than a dozen words, are not typed by Donny's delicate little thumbs. They are a distilled, edited compilation of his mutterings, or even made of whole cloth, by his PR team. In effect, the Donald Trump of social media is a phantom, a fiction. America is falling for Orsen Wells' Martian attack all over again.

The real Donald Trump is the decrepit, criminal, stumbling, bumbling, bruised, orange fart-bag who improvises badly from prepared speeches on the teleprompter, and who repeats obvious lies his handlers have told him. As long as nobody says "No" to his personal demands, he doesn't give a ◊◊◊◊ about anybody else now. In his tiny mind, he is Vito Corleone.
Noted. But what does any of that have to do with the topic of the thread? Do you just see "Trump" and immediately spew forth whichever peeve currently occupies the top of your mind?
 
Last edited:
That's not even remotely how the presidency works. There are only three things that can make a president effectively non-presidential: Conviction by the Senate on impeachment, removal under the 25th Amendment, or defeat at the polls. That's it.
I didn't mean legally presidential. I meant functionally and ethically presidential. The office-holder should be an exemplar of all that is good about the USA, and how it goes about good governance. Trump is the complete antithesis of that.
Noted. But what does any of that have to do with the topic of the thread? Do you just see "Trump" and immediately spew forth whichever peeve currently occupies the top of your mind?
Predictions for Trump's next term: What I described is a person who has long since given up giving a ◊◊◊◊ about the USA, and has been replaced by a cabal. They hold the reins, they want to keep holding the reins, so they want ol' fart-bag to get another term. If the USA isn't really careful, he will get it...
 
What would stop such a campaign? Or as you put it, make him 'non-presidential' in 2028 in the way that a defeat at the polls would, as you mentioned?
I am tied of explaining this but, unless there is a very unlikely SUpreme courting ruling, Trump,under the Consituition, the supreme law of the land CANNOT take office. Two terms, and that is it. I suspect the 2028 talk will amount to nothing.
 
I am tied of explaining this but, unless there is a very unlikely SUpreme courting ruling, Trump,under the Consituition, the supreme law of the land CANNOT take office. Two terms, and that is it. I suspect the 2028 talk will amount to nothing.
Lotta whooshing going on ITT lately.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom